The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #3,481 of 6,678
Anybody compared the Roxannes with the 335? I have tested the latter and own the former but never tried together. From memory though they are close in sound sig.

IMO, just from the bass, they are completely different..
Idk, but from the first time i'm hearing roxanne (i already hear both the universal custom demo and the universal), i just can't stand the bass.
Well, if you want to take it short, roxanne is too 'full' for me, the detail is all there to the level that i can't enjoy the song anymore, on the other side, 335dw.. You know, just put it on you ears, play the song, and close your eyes :)

Again, this is my ears, our mileage may vary.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #3,482 of 6,678
IMO, just from the bass, they are completely different..
Idk, but from the first time i'm hearing roxanne (i already hear both the universal custom demo and the universal), i just can't stand the bass.
Well, if you want to take it short, roxanne is too 'full' for me, the detail is all there to the level that i can't enjoy the song anymore, on the other side, 335dw.. You know, just put it on you ears, play the song, and close your eyes
smily_headphones1.gif

Again, this is my ears, our mileage may vary.

A bit off topic, I am sorry but, how is the fit with universal Roxy'ies? I heard some horror stories about it, they announced it like the worst universal fit iem after TF10.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #3,483 of 6,678
I demo'ed the Roxanne and 335DW at the same time (along with the other FitEar and JH models) on the day I ended up putting the order down for the 335. With regards to the demo unit (which I assume is identical or at least quite similar to the universal) Roxanne, I could not manage to get a completely comfortable fit. It was either too tight and everything sounded boomy and muffled, or too loose and I lost the coherence. Sorry of this doesn't answer your question, but despite my ears not playing nice with any of the JH models, I still ended preferring the JH13 and 16 over the Roxanne anyway.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #3,484 of 6,678
A bit off topic, I am sorry but, how is the fit with universal Roxy'ies? I heard some horror stories about it, they announced it like the worst universal fit iem after TF10.

I think.. That's a little bit hyperbolic. Roxanne universal's fitting are more comfortable than TF 10 by a huge margin.. Later i'll PM you a pic of the fitting in my ears, i you'd like it.

Also remember, this being said by someone who can't ourchase mh335dw because of his small canals... :frown:

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #3,485 of 6,678
I think.. That's a little bit hyperbolic. Roxanne universal's fitting are more comfortable than TF 10 by a huge margin.. Later i'll PM you a pic of the fitting in my ears, i you'd like it.

Also remember, this being said by someone who can't ourchase mh335dw because of his small canals...
frown.gif

Yup, would like to see how it looks like in the ear. My ear canal is not huge but it is large enough to get SE5way (5 crossover 5 individual sound tubes) so maybe I have a little bit of chance?

My sound preferences are changing so I am looking for bassy c/iems. I don't want to deal with JHA customer service and order their custom version but maybe universals can do trick who knows.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3,486 of 6,678
it's in.. the waiting is officially over!
wearing it right now, it's already too late to post pictures..
but, short impression, please notice that this is my first custom, so i can get quite hyperbolic... also don't forget the new toy syndrome.
here we go..

the bass is.. i don't know the words, but let's just say quantity and the quality is just about right. the funny things is when i'm smiling, the seal is broken and the bass disappears 
confused.gif
 mid is something that i like. overall, it is like that tonality of MH334, but with less refined version. not as thick as MH334, but the colour.. it is similar. and also the treble, you can hear the detail of the cymbals when the songs are playing, but the treble are not sparkling enough to make this IEM fatiguing. and the soundstage, placing, imaging.. custom IEM is incredible at this, indeed.

yes, to sum it up, this is most neutral FitEar IEM that i've heard.. all of my friends who have tried it (and majority of them have perfect seals because of my tiny canals.. oh boy 
frown.gif
 ) also agrees with me. 

personally, the thing that i like about this CIEM is it's versatility. maybe let's say.. that p222 is like a white piece of paper. the mid, low and high are just.. enough, so that means using another DAP or amp, changes it's sound signature by a huge margin.

let's say.. pairing p222 with AK240.. it's like i'm hearing MH334 itself.or pairing p222 with bakoon satri portable amp reminds me of MH335DW standard version.

looks like my journey of finding a perfect dap for this IEM won't be easy... :))
but i'm personally impressed by AK240.. oh my, that vocal..

Yup, would like to see how it looks like in the ear. My ear canal is not huge but it is large enough to get SE5way (5 crossover 5 individual sound tubes) so maybe I have a little bit of chance?

My sound preferences are changing so I am looking for bassy c/iems. I don't want to deal with JHA customer service and order their custom version but maybe universals can do trick who knows.

oh damn, i forget to take a photo today :frowning2: sorry, i'll take it tomorrow, if i come to jaben again!
i think 5 individual sound tubes are large enough.. 

you can try rox universal, but from my experience from trying and comparing custom and universal version today, and for me it IS completely different.well, let's make it short, i don't want a warning from mod because we are getting out of topic here, but basically, the univ. version tends to be aggresive, while the custom version is more relaxed, and dark... by a huge margin.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #3,487 of 6,678
Note that the rox have adjustable bass. They might not be at the same setting when you tried them.

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #3,488 of 6,678
When trying and comparing both, we are sure the bass setting are adjusted at default (1'o clock). It is completely different.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #3,489 of 6,678
   overall, it is like that tonality of MH334, but with less refined version.

Are you saying the MH335DW is less refined compared to the MH334?

Regarding you losing seal when smiling, it's nothing to fret about. Some lucky chaps will get perfect seal in whatever position their jaws are, some with less luck will lose seal when their jaws/necks start shifting.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #3,490 of 6,678
Regarding you losing seal when smiling, it's nothing to fret about. Some lucky chaps will get perfect seal in whatever position their jaws are, some with less luck will lose seal when their jaws/necks start shifting.
[/quote]

Don't smile. Ha Ha.

Mine only loses seal if I yawn but that rarely happens when listening to my 335DW. Yawning that is.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #3,491 of 6,678

oh damn, i forget to take a photo today :frowning2: sorry, i'll take it tomorrow, if i come to jaben again!
i think 5 individual sound tubes are large enough.. 

you can try rox universal, but from my experience from trying and comparing custom and universal version today, and for me it IS completely different.well, let's make it short, i don't want a warning from mod because we are getting out of topic here, but basically, the univ. version tends to be aggresive, while the custom version is more relaxed, and dark... by a huge margin.

No worries mate. Also thank you for the warning too and congratz on your first custom, you went for one of the best brands in the world I see. I hope you enjoy them
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #3,492 of 6,678
Are you saying the MH335DW is less refined compared to the MH334?

Umm, i was reviewing my private 222 there, maybe there's some misunderstanding? :wink:

Haha, i guess so, i've been trying with many position, smiling is the only one thing that made me lose my seal.

Don't smile. Ha Ha.

Mine only loses seal if I yawn but that rarely happens when listening to my 335DW. Yawning that is.[/quote]

Hmm, i don't get any problem with yawning tho, indeed, every person is different too at this case.

No worries mate. Also thank you for the warning too and congratz on your first custom, you went for one of the best brands in the world I see. I hope you enjoy them :wink:

Thanks! Hpe you enjoy your rox to if you are going to buy them :wink:

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #3,494 of 6,678

I need money for it, as a student my wallet is extremely thin
frown.gif
I am just trying to gather some information which might be useful in future who knows.

i'm also a student.. and.. believe it or not, i saved like 2 years for this thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back