The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #2,611 of 6,678

ATSCODE,

What the Tralucent does is that the trebles are not sibilant at all and are airy and spacious. The mids are rich because it is a bit more forward. The bass is deep and impactful. In all of this, the sound you get is very smooth. The other thing about it is the soundstage is probably the best I have heard - wide, deep and high - the instrument separation is very clear.

The Venom is Frank's flagship cable. The one I can see in his webpage is the one with a solid silver core: http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57. Of Frank's cables, it is quite common knowledge that my particular weakness is for the Black Widow which is copper litz. If you like an organic and musical sig, then this is the cable for you. It works beautifully with the 435, MH334 and 333. The TG334 and F111 as well. 

My advice is either to have a listen to the stock 001 cable first and then decide what is it you want that you think you are missing. Then you can make an informed decision. If you think it fit, you can always reach out to me at that point in time. I would of course be happy to assist.

Whether you find the AK 240 is worth the asking price is a difficult question to answer. I elected to get it because it brings with it a neutral sound, which I do like. Another selling point is the native DSD capability - no more on the fly conversion. Finally, the other important consideration is the MQS streaming capability so that I can stream the files from my music library whether they be WAVs, FLACs, ALACs or DSFs with no perceptible loss of SQ. All these are something you will not find elsewhere in the same bundle.

So, if you are not fussed about the UI, form or any of the above, and you are only concerned about the SQ, then it may be that the HM 901 or 802 may be what you may wish to consider. Do remember that with the HMs, the amp component can be changed easily with the different amp cards - the standard, classic, IEM, balanced and minibox amp cards. I won't even start to talk about the DIY amp cards floating around China or elsewhere. 

In a sense, the decision on the above may be determined or at least influenced by your choice of Fitears. Go and have a demo if you haven't. That would be helpful in your decision making process. 
atsmile.gif

But is the Uber Cable ergonomically & user-friendly, though? Is it viable/convenient to bring it with you if you're commuting on the train/bus?

I see. The Venom may just be the cable I'm looking out for.

So in a way, the 901 is more 'versatile' than the 240? Have you tried out the various DIY cards for the 901?

Yeah, I've demo-ed some of the Fitear models & the mh334 & 335dw seem to have gotten my attention. I'm hoping to hear the SR version of the latter, once its ready.

Once again, thanks for the useful info. :)

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #2,612 of 6,678

But is the Uber Cable ergonomically & user-friendly, though? Is it viable/convenient to bring it with you if you're commuting on the train/bus?

I see. The Venom may just be the cable I'm looking out for.

So in a way, the 901 is more 'versatile' than the 240? Have you tried out the various DIY cards for the 901?

Yeah, I've demo-ed some of the Fitear models & the mh334 & 335dw seem to have gotten my attention. I'm hoping to hear the SR version of the latter, once its ready.

Once again, thanks for the useful info. :)

The uber, because it is a solid core silver, requires some care in handling. Hence, I am not sure if it is viable for commuting.

Uh... I think you mean that the BW (not the Venom) may be the cable you are looking for. The Venom probably requires the same level of care in handling as well.

Yes, the 901 is versatile in that you can switch the amp cards, and the consequent sound sig. No, I have not tried the DIY cards.

Frankly, the MH334 is really quite special if you appreciate a musical and organic sig.

No worries. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2,613 of 6,678
What the Tralucent does is that the trebles are not sibilant at all and are airy and spacious. The mids are rich because it is a bit more forward. The bass is deep and impactful. In all of this, the sound you get is very smooth. The other thing about it is the soundstage is probably the best I have heard - wide, deep and high - the instrument separation is very clear.

The Venom is Frank's flagship cable. The one I can see in his webpage is the one with a solid silver core: http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57. Of Frank's cables, it is quite common knowledge that my particular weakness is for the Black Widow which is copper litz. If you like an organic and musical sig, then this is the cable for you. It works beautifully with the 435, MH334 and 333. The TG334 and F111 as well. 

Kiats,

Thanks a lot for this. Really helpful.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #2,614 of 6,678
Apr 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #2,616 of 6,678
Is the C435 capable of performing bass to the same levels as a 335DW if i use a copper cable like the Toxic Black Widow with it?

I hope not as I have the 335DW. Kidding aside, how about something cheaper like Digizoid Zo?

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #2,617 of 6,678
I hope not as I have the 335DW. Kidding aside, how about something cheaper like Digizoid Zo?

Looking to boost the bass sig of the C435. I heard the C435 is very receptive to cable rolling. 
If the combo it can do bass, close to a stock 335 with a different cable, I'd be very interested - rather than changing source equipment. 
Question is, does copper or gold provide more substantial improvement to bass freq?

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #2,618 of 6,678
Is the C435 capable of performing bass to the same levels as a 335DW if i use a copper cable like the Toxic Black Widow with it?

And to kiat.

I believe it wont be same level as 335dw, c435 and 335dw is like a opposite iem for me, the quantity of bass is different,

But actually i did try to listen some dubstep and some pop songs, the bass quality and layering is better than i expect, when it compare to tg334, it has a different level of 3d soundstage, the mid and high made me jaw dropped, I never listened such quality soundstage, mid and high be4, and it still able to sound so alive and not feelIng bored.

It just not bass extended as 335dw or 334.
And the impression above actually i used amp with it, when i try with ak120 alone the whole quality drop quite alot and obvious lol.

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #2,619 of 6,678
C435 with cable tweak would never reach the amount of bass 335DW is capable to produce, imho. It makes sense to own both LoL wish i have the cash right now epecially i am leaning more towards jazz than classical nowadays....

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,620 of 6,678
C435 with cable tweak would never reach the amount of bass 335DW is capable to produce, imho. It makes sense to own both LoL wish i have the cash right now epecially i am leaning more towards jazz than classical nowadays....

Own both? Gosh. I have the MH335DW and @kiats the C435 but our ears are different. Ear surgery would be more expensive than getting the other half I think.

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #2,623 of 6,678
The bass on the 335 and 435 is very different, the former's breathes and encompasses you. It blankets your senses. The 435 is more directional and impactful.

Cable changes shift the tonality slightly on the 335 whilst allowing more attack in it's bass. Where the 435 adds more weight and harmonics to it's overall dryer more accurate presentation.

Either way cable changes will never, in my mind, make the 335 sound like the 435 or visa versa............. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #2,624 of 6,678
The bass on the 335 and 435 is very different, the former's breathes and encompasses you. It blankets your senses. The 435 is more directional and impactful.

Cable changes shift the tonality slightly on the 335 whilst allowing more attack in it's bass. Where the 435 adds more weight and harmonics to it's overall dryer more accurate presentation.

Either way cable changes will never, in my mind, make the 335 sound like the 435 or visa versa............. 

Thanks for casting light in the debate. Unlike myself, Gavin has a much broader interaction with Fitear IEMs and is in the best position to be able to tell the tonal nuances and differences the various IEMs.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #2,625 of 6,678

Hi Gavin,

So would you say that with a 335DW and one wanted a slightly different "flavor", a C435 would make more sense than say a MH334?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back