The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #2,536 of 6,678
Remind me when are you coming to HK again?

I'll be there for 3 days in early July. Hopefully that'll be enough time.
  I can't get them even if I go out of my way to go to Japan. No offence but screw them then, if they are not willing to let a non-resident purchase their product. I won't waste my time with them then and am certainly not going the extra mile just so I can pay them a ridiculous amount of money after already having paid to travel there. I thought it was already enough that they didn't ship overseas, now this. Why does one have to be a resident?

Well, like others have said already, it's not that they won't do it for you, but you cannot have it delivered overseas. You'd have to stay there in Japan for the duration of like 1month until they finish the CIEMs themselves. Of course, that's likely not possible for some, which is why Jaben resellers exist. As long as you do the impressions at Jaben, you can have a friend act as a proxy as they aren't as strict as FitEar about that. 

The reason why they don't care too much about overseas customers is... well, there's nationalism at play. And I can't imagine that the custom market is really that profit oriented for FitEar. I believe they make more in the dental industry. And even their custom market is more oriented towards musicians in Japan, not caring too much about foreign markets.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #2,539 of 6,678
The SR version of the MH335DW is a real product. IIRC it's a mod which gives it titanium tubes and changes the FR to make the highs more emphasized.

As for the Monet To Go, it actually exists as a prototype, which is why I find it a bit confusing that an April Fools joke would be posted for it, given that it was my understanding that FitEar planned to eventually release it anyway.

Really, the Gatling is probably the most unlikely and purely "April Fools" of what was posted.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #2,540 of 6,678
The SR version of the MH335DW is a real product. IIRC it's a mod which gives it titanium tubes and changes the FR to make the highs more emphasized.

As for the Monet To Go, it actually exists as a prototype, which is why I find it a bit confusing that an April Fools joke would be posted for it, given that it was my understanding that FitEar planned to eventually release it anyway.

Really, the Gatling is probably the most unlikely and purely "April Fools" of what was posted.

The 335dw on the april fool release was MH D335DW SR. If im not wrong.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #2,541 of 6,678
I feel that all those models exist, it's just that their release dates/announcements are "April Fools". 

Those images look like they've spent too much effort on it for it to just be a joke.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #2,542 of 6,678
  I feel that all those models exist, it's just that their release dates/announcements are "April Fools". 

Those images look like they've spent too much effort on it for it to just be a joke.

Well, we are talking about Japanese here, so I wouldn't be surprised if those models are really meant to be a joke in the end (which I believe they are).

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #2,543 of 6,678
Warranty coverage might be one of the reasons Fitear Japan only sells to local residents. Maybe Japan has some weird law about local warranties and whatnot, I dunno.

While visiting Japan, an acquaintance of mine (let's call him Bubba for now) brought along a Japanese friend of his (let's call him Momotaro) to Fitear. Momotaro provided all details, but the actual ear impression was done on Bubba. After the CIEM was completed, Momotaro went to Fitear to pick it up, and then mailed it to Bubba. Job done. Only catch is that Bubba would have to go through Momotaro if there are any problems. As far as Fitear Japan is concerned, that particular set was purchased by Momotaro as gift for his overseas friend, Bubba.

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #2,544 of 6,678
H
Warranty coverage might be one of the reasons Fitear Japan only sells to local residents. Maybe Japan has some weird law about local warranties and whatnot, I dunno.

While visiting Japan, an acquaintance of mine (let's call him Bubba for now) brought along a Japanese friend of his (let's call him Momotaro) to Fitear. Momotaro provided all details, but the actual ear impression was done on Bubba. After the CIEM was completed, Momotaro went to Fitear to pick it up, and then mailed it to Bubba. Job done. Only catch is that Bubba would have to go through Momotaro if there are any problems. As far as Fitear Japan is concerned, that particular set was purchased by Momotaro as gift for his overseas friend, Bubba.

Hubba Hubba. Good plan.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,545 of 6,678

Sounds excellent to me. I like the clarity and natural sound from the AK240 on my Fitears. For me, it is definitely one level above the AK120.

Following up on this, AlanYWM, I took the plunge. Thanks for your thoughts. I agree that the AK240 is very clear and neutral to me. It has great synergy with the MH 334. So far I have tried it with the BW and am currently listening to the MH334 via the Tralucent silver/gold. With the BW, the sound is very organic and natural, while remaining so clear. With the Tralucent, the sound is brighter, while not overbearingly so.

With the C435, the AK 240 works very well too. Perhaps not as much musicality as with the MH334, but good nonetheless. 
L3000.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #2,546 of 6,678

Following up on this, AlanYWM, I took the plunge. Thanks for your thoughts. I agree that the AK240 is very clear and neutral to me. It has great synergy with the MH 334. So far I have tried it with the BW and am currently listening to the MH334 via the Tralucent silver/gold. With the BW, the sound is very organic and natural, while remaining so clear. With the Tralucent, the sound is brighter, while not overbearingly so.

With the C435, the AK 240 works very well too. Perhaps not as much musicality as with the MH334, but good nonetheless. 
L3000.gif

Indeed. The clarity and staging on the AK240 is superb and pairs extremely well with Fitear iems. 
As I have 2 identical cables, balanced & non-balanced, I can say that the staging further improves through the Balanced output.
I have more Balanced cables on the way, looking forward upon receiving them soon. 
dt880smile.png

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,547 of 6,678
  Indeed. The clarity and staging on the AK240 is superb and pairs extremely well with Fitear iems. 
As I have 2 identical cables, balanced & non-balanced, I can say that the staging further improves through the Balanced output.
I have more Balanced cables on the way, looking forward upon receiving them soon. 
dt880smile.png

Agree. Makes one very tempted to procure a Uber cable from Tralucent... 
atsmile.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #2,548 of 6,678

L3000.gif

Congrats on your AK240. I am sure it will give you many hours of audio pleasure 
etysmile.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #2,549 of 6,678

Congrats on your AK240. I am sure it will give you many hours of audio pleasure

Thanks, AlanYWM! Indeed! The DSD native capability is awesome and the streaming works well. I had some issues with ALAC files. Kept getting an error message that the file had moved. Will try again this evening. Fingers crossed. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back