The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #1,112 of 6,678
Luckily I live in HK and MH335DW is still 16600 HKD only (~2140USD)
redface.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #1,114 of 6,678
While the price at Mingo and Jaben HK are exorbitant, to say the least, the chances of me being able to stay in HK for a week is far higher as opposed to staying anywhere else in the near future 

I've scheduled to meet with family aboard towards the end of the year. With any luck that would be the best time. Anyone happen to know if the staff at Jaben HK has people who would be able to speak Mandarin/English? It'd be far more comfortable on my end, instead of being forced to muster a few lines of Cantonese along the way (with an investment of this grandeur you'll forgive me for being cautious and/or overbearing).

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,115 of 6,678
While the price at Mingo and Jaben HK are exorbitant, to say the least, the chances of me being able to stay in HK for a week is far higher 
as opposed to staying anywhere else in the near future 

I've scheduled to meet with family aboard towards the end of the year. With any luck that would be the best time. Anyone happen to know if the staff at Jaben HK has people who would be able to speak Mandarin/English? It'd be far more comfortable on my end, instead of being forced to muster a few lines of Cantonese along the way (with an investment of this grandeur you'll forgive me for being cautious and/or overbearing).

The 2 guys that work there speak English. Derek will do the molds for you. I too am considering these CIEMS and now live in hong kong so will go through jaben. Have purchased several items from them and great service. Lots of demo kit available.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #1,116 of 6,678
How long would the whole process usually take? Would/Can they (Jaben) ship to the mainland? I'm probably asking too much on the latter - I'd be down with dropping by if it's within the month, or get a family member to pick them up. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #1,117 of 6,678
Quote:
While the price at Mingo and Jaben HK are exorbitant, to say the least, the chances of me being able to stay in HK for a week is far higher as opposed to staying anywhere else in the near future 

All things considered, Jaben probably offers the best value for money in Hong Kong since, they actually know about the products and Derek does the ear impressions for you in shop.

I say that obviously, as I bought 4 pairs from them and will buy a 5th pair, the MH334 soon. Every subsequent pair was made from the original mold that Derek did for my MH335DW with the scans held at FitEar.

The fit and comfort is astounding
size]

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #1,118 of 6,678
Quote:
How long would the whole process usually take? Would/Can they (Jaben) ship to the mainland? I'm probably asking too much on the latter - I'd be down with dropping by if it's within the month, or get a family member to pick them up. 

I do not believe they can ship to China anymore as every dealer is region specific now..............

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,119 of 6,678
...And there ain't a Mainland dealer as far as I know of :frowning2:

It's fine, I can get past that, was just wanting to avoid part of the hassle. 
Any estimates on the process time though?

I've just re-read a good portion of this thread, and seems that I've missed out on a lot of the C435 impressions that came up, which was a pleasant surprise. Just want to give a shoutout to those who contributed on that front, it's very much appreciated :D Thoroughly enjoyed reading all of them!

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #1,120 of 6,678
There are FitEar dealer in China in I believe, I heard they were selling really well in the mainland, just a lot more expensive that's all.

The turnaround on the customs are much faster now since FitEar has taken on more technicians on in recent months to meet demand, conservatively, probably 3-4 weeks. However, my last 2 pairs came back in 10 days which included 6 days of shipping................

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,121 of 6,678
Quote:
There are FitEar dealer in China in I believe, I heard they were selling really well in the mainland, just a lot more expensive that's all.

The turnaround on the customs are much faster now since FitEar has taken on more technicians on in recent months to meet demand, conservatively, probably 3-4 weeks. However, my last 2 pairs came back in 10 days which included 6 days of shipping................

10 days including 6 days of shipping? From Japan to China? That's really fast...

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #1,122 of 6,678
10 days including 6 days of shipping? From Japan to China? That's really fast...

To Jaben Hong Kong.....for my 333 and 223.

I was really surprised at the time I received the call to inform me that my Ciems were ready, especially having waited over 6 weeks for my 435 a month earlier.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #1,123 of 6,678
I was thinking to order the 335DW from either Mingo or Jaben. Got my ES5 from Mingo last year, which have me waited for 2 months. This time maybe I will try Jaben if the turn around time is much shorter....

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #1,124 of 6,678
I was thinking to order the 335DW from either Mingo or Jaben. Got my ES5 from Mingo last year, which have me waited for 2 months. This time maybe I will try Jaben if the turn around time is much shorter....

It is neither here nor there where you order your MH335DW.

But, taking into account that Jaben has had FitEars for nearly 3 years now before there was any exposure of FitEar outside of Japan, plus the extremely good relationship that Derek has with Suyama-san, for me.....there's only one obvious place where I would buy my FitEar Ciems in Hong Kong:)

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #1,125 of 6,678
Quote:
But, taking into account that Jaben has had FitEars for nearly 3 years now before there was any exposure of FitEar outside of Japan, plus the extremely good relationship that Derek has with Suyama-san, for me.....there's only one obvious place where I would buy my FitEar Ciems in Hong Kong:)

I still can't get over the fact that you have 4 pairs of experience of FitEar custom splendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back