The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #5,596 of 6,678
Interesting. Because the MH335SR also has a tube if I recall correctly. Yes, you are correct: it could be a fit issue. Because if not fitted properly, trebles can seem rough and you lose bass as well. I haven’t tried the new TG334 cos I prefer customs where it is possible.
In fact, the studio reference version of MH334 does not have that titanium tube. This may also lead to some differences with TG334. Sorry, I thought you were talking about MH334SR having titanium tube. Yes, MH335SR has that.
Twitter20210704142914.png

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #5,597 of 6,678
just want to share some impressions of TG334. I tried it at e-earphone, sadly haven't tried MH334SR.
Out of all UIEM from fitear, TG334 I think have the most extension in treble. It is not as boosted as Monet17 which I owned.
More balanced than all other fitear UIEM too. However I wouldn't call it neutral, still warmish sound.
Honestly it isn't night day different from Monet17 from all aspect for me to justify purchasing it.

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #5,598 of 6,678
Been on the Titan, EST and DC quite a lot of late. So, decided to pull out the MH334SR today for some lazy Saturday listening. Paired with the Eletech Fortitude8 cable. Running off the AK SP1000Cu. :)

05AD6E33-5ED7-4A42-9332-F5A1185A674F.jpeg

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #5,599 of 6,678
EST ti, DC and AIR2 looks very interesting IEMs.
Can you tell me more about their tuning?

Aug 9, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #5,600 of 6,678
@Xinlisupreme I must confess that I have never heard the EST Ti (that is universal). I have the EST (acrylic), DC and Air2. @Sabre2 does as well iirc.

The DC and the Air2 are both DD based. If I recall correctly, Fostex provided the DDs. The DC is probably what you would consider to be the darkest/warmest of the lot. However, if you feed it plenty of quality power, it really scales up. What i like about it is that it has a very thick dense signature making for a deep soundstage as well. But when pushed, the soundstage really explands. The bass quality/quantity is pretty awesome. To cut through it all, it comes with EST tweeters for trebles and mids. Therefore you still hear vocals very clearly.

The EST, as the name suggests, comes with EST tweeters but is paired with BA drivers. Though frankly when you listen to it, you will be surprised. The BA drivers do a very good job with bass and you would not have thought that it was BA drivers. They certainly do a great impression of masquerading as DDs. Tonality wise, it is not as dark as the DC. And easier to drive. What I do like about it is that it has great natural timbre for a BA based IEM. It is also very quick.

The Air2 has the same driver config as the Titan, if I recall correctly. But it’s bass is not as tight as the Titan. And it’s treble extension is not as much as the Titan either. Frankly, for me the Air2 is easier to pair and, to me at least, is more fun and more easy listening. I do enjoy it very much.

In terms of bass/dense soundstage: DC > Air2 > EST
Treble extension: DC/EST > Air2
Mids: EST > DC/Air2

Please do know that is how I hear them. If you ask me would I give up any of them, the answer would be NO! But there are differences in how the music is presented. :)

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #5,601 of 6,678
I own a MH335DDWSR currently and I am actively considering to make a EST or DC custom in coming Oct or Nov. I saw that the DC is using short tips instead of the long tips in EST or 335. Would that affect the sound and isolation? And would that lessen physical fatigue to the ear canal?

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #5,602 of 6,678
I own a MH335DDWSR currently and I am actively considering to make a EST or DC custom in coming Oct or Nov. I saw that the DC is using short tips instead of the long tips in EST or 335. Would that affect the sound and isolation? And would that lessen physical fatigue to the ear canal?
Both EST and DC custom feature the short tips. If i recall correctly, it was started in the Titan and Air customs. No issues with isolation. Sound? It would be tuned with that in mind. Mind you, the construction is different and so is crafted to effectively ensure sound isolation. I don’t know about what kind of fatigue you are referring to. Especially since the typical FitEar construction already features shorter stems than other brands of customs. :) But, yes, the DC/EST does not really extend much into the ear canal.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #5,604 of 6,678
@hkppl For both DC and EST custom, I have use it on both bus and train during my commute. No issues with the isolation and sound. At times, I would need to look up so I won't miss my stop, as its very comfortable and I am enjoying myself in the music. :)

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #5,606 of 6,678
After a couple of weeks focusing on the Oriolus Traillii, nice to be back on the FitEar EST. Almost forgotten how good the EST is. QQ Music out into the Luxury & Precision P6Pro. The EST paired with the luscious and rich Eletech Aeneid. Power to @Eric Chong and his team! :L3000:

BAA9B6A2-9C3F-45D2-8DAB-3505D32DCF8E.jpeg

Aug 21, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #5,607 of 6,678
After a couple of weeks focusing on the Oriolus Traillii, nice to be back on the FitEar EST. Almost forgotten how good the EST is. QQ Music out into the Luxury & Precision P6Pro. The EST paired with the luscious and rich Eletech Aeneid. Power to @Eric Chong and his team! :L3000:

BAA9B6A2-9C3F-45D2-8DAB-3505D32DCF8E.jpeg
How does the Fitear fitwith your Bird, good but different, better with certain genre?

Aug 21, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #5,608 of 6,678
How does the Fitear fitwith your Bird, good but different, better with certain genre?
Good question. :) I was just thinking about it. I do like what Oriolus has done with their IEMs (having also listened to the Isabellae). I would say good but different. The FitEar house sound is something I always enjoy and never tire of. No fatigue whatsoever. Other key difference for me is this: with the FitEar customs, they are so well fitted that I slip them on and I totally forget about them. With the Bird, I still have to tweak it now and then when I first put them on. But I guess that is the perennial challenge with universals.

Aug 29, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #5,609 of 6,678
Got a chance to try the MH334SR just a little while ago, and damn how different it is from the original version.

The highs are less smooth, it is now brighter and more transparent while still having a roll off. Sweet mids, but they are not as lush as it was on the original version. The low end doesn't sound all that different but they are a little bit quicker.

For those looking a more open MH334, I think the sr version is the answer

What about the resolution?

Aug 31, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #5,610 of 6,678
Been away from this thread for a long time now and I just noticed that there's a new TG334 (link). What is the difference sound-wise from the original To Go 334 (link)? The 334 has been my go to iem when I want a mid-focus sound. From what I can tell the only difference is physical (housing shape and nozzle). Also, has anyone heard the Oriolus Isabellae which is said to also be mid-focused tuned. Would be interested in a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back