The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #5,476 of 6,678
Listening to the DC first. Paired with a slivergold alloy cable with 4.4mm out of a SP2000Cu (with adapter). Well, what I will say is that it is NOT easy to drive. I usually listen to the Titan at 80. Whereas with the DC I am listening at 95. I reckon that it is because of the double DD in the DC. One thing immediately noticeable is the crystal clarity of female vocals. Timbre of guitar plucking is excellent. Despite the 2 DDs, there is great transparency. I am hearing more of the other sounds when the acoustic guitar as it is being plucked. This will be a rewarding journey with the Fitear DC.

Big call out to Claire of Jaben Singapore for making this possible!

How would you rate this compared to Titan and Z1R?

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #5,477 of 6,678
How would you rate this compared to Titan and Z1R?

Interesting but inevitable question, I suppose. I think the bass is more fun than the Titan. A bit closer to the Air2. The body of the sound is more pithy. I have also felt that whilst the Titan has great treble extension, it sometimes sounds a bit “hollow” in the middle. The DC feels more focused and vivid because of that.

For the Z1R, I think the DC bass is tighter and more controlled. Whilst the trebles in the Z1R can sometimes be harsh or piercing. Not that I mind cos I like the Final Audio A8000 and the Fibass. Whereas the DC trebles are very smooth and pristine clear.

I reckon because the electrostatic tweeter, it does feel quicker and more nimble than the Titan and the Z1R.

Thats what I think at this early stage. But do I like the DC? Absolutely!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #5,479 of 6,678
Nov 6, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #5,480 of 6,678
Listening to the EST now. With the Eletech Iliad cable, 2.5mm balanced cable. Again streaming off the SP2000Cu. First off, this one is much more neutral. Sound is not as thick and pithy. Much more spacious. The vocals are pristine clear. However, it is by no means anaemic sounding. But a lot lighter touch than the DC. And frankly a very enjoyable vivid sound signature.

I am playing music at 60 which is about the same level as the MH335DWSR. Which admittedly is the most difficult to drive of the FitEar BA based customs.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #5,481 of 6,678
Interesting but inevitable question, I suppose. I think the bass is more fun than the Titan. A bit closer to the Air2. The body of the sound is more pithy. I have also felt that whilst the Titan has great treble extension, it sometimes sounds a bit “hollow” in the middle. The DC feels more focused and vivid because of that.

For the Z1R, I think the DC bass is tighter and more controlled. Whilst the trebles in the Z1R can sometimes be harsh or piercing. Not that I mind cos I like the Final Audio A8000 and the Fibass. Whereas the DC trebles are very smooth and pristine clear.

I reckon because the electrostatic tweeter, it does feel quicker and more nimble than the Titan and the Z1R.

Thats what I think at this early stage. But do I like the DC? Absolutely!

Thanks! Does it imply that DC is darker sounding than Z1R? If yes how much darker?

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #5,482 of 6,678
Thanks! Does it imply that DC is darker sounding than Z1R? If yes how much darker?

Hahah! No percentages etc. I am not sure if I would call it darker. Just more controlled. I know there are people who do not enjoy the Z1R because the trebles can be a bit much. Whereas the DC has very smooth and controlled trebles. Same for its bass.

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #5,483 of 6,678
Hahah! No percentages etc. I am not sure if I would call it darker. Just more controlled. I know there are people who do not enjoy the Z1R because the trebles can be a bit much. Whereas the DC has very smooth and controlled trebles. Same for its bass.
I love my Z1R’s but I want a custom version with better vocals. And I think the DC is doing that. Man I really wish I could listen.

Nov 7, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #5,484 of 6,678
I love my Z1R’s but I want a custom version with better vocals. And I think the DC is doing that. Man I really wish I could listen.
You are right: the vocals are exceptional on the DC and EST. But different atmospherics because of the difference between the double DD and the BA drivers

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #5,485 of 6,678
Been listening to music streaming off the SP 2000Cu on the EST, paired with the Eletech Iliad cable. Whilst the DC does not have the immediate wow factor from the DC (with its pithy and rich Sonics), the EST is actually very musical with great smooth but extended trebles. Certainly much more neutral. As a result of which, wider soundstage. Thoroughly enjoyable. It has its own charms. Very glad I took the punt on both. :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #5,486 of 6,678
I’ve been on the EST most of today. It is opening up very nicely. I will say that anyone who likes soundstage, good treble extension without any harshness and loves vocals, especially female, will really enjoy the EST. The bass is also firming up nicely. Never will be close to the DC’s double DD but there’s a nice rumble when called for. :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #5,487 of 6,678
I’ve been on the EST most of today. It is opening up very nicely. I will say that anyone who likes soundstage, good treble extension without any harshness and loves vocals, especially female, will really enjoy the EST. The bass is also firming up nicely. Never will be close to the DC’s double DD but there’s a nice rumble when called for. :)
So you'd say that the EST has better female vocal rendition compared to the DC?

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #5,488 of 6,678
Nope. About the same. Makes sense it’s the same tweeter. It’s a question of whether you prefer the DD or BA sonics.

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #5,489 of 6,678

Is the EST more preferable than DC to you?

Nov 8, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #5,490 of 6,678
Hahah! No preference for me. Different signature. And I appreciate both. I did say that I enjoy both types of signatures: both more warmish/thick and more neutral sound signatures. So, it’s really a question if you are like me and enjoy both. Or only like one or the other.

To me, they are both special. And special in the sense that the trebles and vocals are crystal clear and pristine. Don’t get me wrong - when I say warmer/thick, I mean that the sound stage is deeper than the neutral EST. The separation is still there for both. No smearing on the DC. Nor does the EST sound anaemic And limp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back