The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #2,071 of 6,694
  Just got another friend to order the C435s today!

That is about 5 or 6 now in the last few months. It always boils down to the 335 Vs 435..........after going through the range.

I'm sure he will be more than happy with your advice. The 435 is a wonderful IEM! Underrated but most excellent!

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #2,072 of 6,694

This past weekend, I met up with MTTheFirst and his friend @ the Fujiya Portable Show. Over coffee I had a brief 5-10 mins chance with the Toxic Cables Piccolinos on my MH335DW and did a brief comparison to my Tralucent Silver/Gold. To me the two are very similar but the Piccolinos had a slightly greater depth in staging and also a slightly "bigger" sound. Ergonomically these (as with other Toxic models) are a no brainer - flexible, not tangly. These Toxic Piccolinos are quite nice.

Thanks for your impression, AnakChan. I alternate the Tralucent Silver/Gold with the Toxic Virus and the Crystal Piccolinos on my C435. I can't be happier. What I will add about the Crystal Piccolino is that it smoothens the trebles without in any way affecting the basic sig of the source or IEM.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #2,073 of 6,694
Thanks to you guys advices. C435 pairing with HM901 (minibox) listening to 24/96 version of Emma Bell's Handel Operatic Arias on Linn makes me realize that I have a great sounding portable Hifi setup. Gavin's suggestion on switching to use 001 instead of 000 has also turned the sound smooth by removing the harsh edge on the treble extension. Amazing.

Yes, CHG, you have a fantastic set up. I know because I have the same one, though I more often use the IEM amp card for more nuanced delicate acoustic vocals. If you are are up to it, you may also wish to try out either the Tralucent silver/gold cable or the crystal piccolino - great soundstage while ensuring smooth treble extension. Enjoy

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,074 of 6,694

Yes, CHG, you have a fantastic set up. I know because I have the same one, though I more often use the IEM amp card for more nuanced delicate acoustic vocals. If you are are up to it, you may also wish to try out either the Tralucent silver/gold cable or the crystal piccolino - great soundstage while ensuring smooth treble extension. Enjoy

Thanks, Kiats.

I would definitely look into the IEM amp card in the future. The two ESS9018 on the HM901 brings so much resolution and rich detail that I feel is a great portable source. The cable tweak will definitely happen somewhere down the line as well.

My next upgrade plan is to explore the new Chord Hugo in the near future. Since the brief demo, I cannot stop thinking about the sound and how it transformed my Parterre like a pair of full sized headphones.

I was a bit worried that I would get bored by the C435 presentation as it is less agressive than the Parterre. To my suprise, the "neutrality" of C435 actually make the listening a lot more engaging.

I dont seem to recall reading any need of refit for Fitear CIEM and unfortunately, so far my pair has been very comfortable. I could even lie down listening with them.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,075 of 6,694
  Thanks, Kiats.

I would definitely look into the IEM amp card in the future. The two ESS9018 on the HM901 brings so much resolution and rich detail that I feel is a great portable source. The cable tweak will definitely happen somewhere down the line as well.

My next upgrade plan is to explore the new Chord Hugo in the near future. Since the brief demo, I cannot stop thinking about the sound and how it transformed my Parterre like a pair of full sized headphones.

I was a bit worried that I would get bored by the C435 presentation as it is less agressive than the Parterre. To my suprise, the "neutrality" of C435 actually make the listening a lot more engaging.

I dont seem to recall reading any need of refit for Fitear CIEM and unfortunately, so far my pair has been very comfortable. I could even lie down listening with them.

Very much agree on the HM901. It is indeed wonderful source, whether portable or not.

Any time you want to discuss cable options, just let me know. :) For some strange reason, I seem to have accumulated a veritable cable library... ;p

Indeed! The C435 is less fatiguing precisely because it is neutral. But of course it also means that it will show up, quite ruthlessly, any shortcomings in your source (which you don't have to worry about here) or the recordings.  I suspect you will find things you never heard before in your music. And because it is so neutral, as spkrs01 indicated previously, the characteristics of any cable you pair it with will show through very clearly. He and I had a wonderful time swapping cables on our respective C435s when we met up on Boxing Day. :)

Very much so. The workmanship and precision of Fitear is impeccable. Hence, you can understand why the workshop takes its time to craft a perfect IEM for us. Hence, their slogan "5 units a day". 

Very happy for you! Enjoy! I just waiting for the arrival of my HM334. Will discuss it once I've had a good listen. It's another underrated and under-reported but special CIEM from Fitear. :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2,076 of 6,694
Kiats, i think u have acculmulated too much gear not only cables. Haha
Thanks for your kind words. Looking forward to your impressions on MH334 as I think I will be a returning customer for Fitear CIEM.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,077 of 6,694
Very much agree on the HM901. It is indeed wonderful source, whether portable or not.

Any time you want to discuss cable options, just let me know. :) For some strange reason, I seem to have accumulated a veritable cable library... ;p

Indeed! The C435 is less fatiguing precisely because it is neutral. But of course it also means that it will show up, quite ruthlessly, any shortcomings in your source (which you don't have to worry about here) or the recordings.  I suspect you will find things you never heard before in your music. And because it is so neutral, as spkrs01 indicated previously, the characteristics of any cable you pair it with will show through very clearly. He and I had a wonderful time swapping cables on our respective C435s when we met up on Boxing Day. :)

Very much so. The workmanship and precision of Fitear is impeccable. Hence, you can understand why the workshop takes its time to craft a perfect IEM for us. Hence, their slogan "5 units a day". 

Very happy for you! Enjoy! I just waiting for the arrival of my HM334. Will discuss it once I've had a good listen. It's another underrated and under-reported but special CIEM from Fitear. :)

Ah... The 435, Sadly all the music I listen to is badly mastered, although enjoyable IMO. Hopefully the transparency won't bother it too much...or maybe I'll be tolerant to its revealing nature. It's got me worried :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #2,078 of 6,694
Ah... The 435, Sadly all the music I listen to is badly mastered, although enjoyable IMO. Hopefully the transparency won't bother it too much...or maybe I'll be tolerant to its revealing nature. It's got me worried
wink.gif

Well, Eve, I must say that this would be true of most modern music albums. But all because you know there are deficiencies in the mastering does not mean you will enjoy the music any less. Especially since the C435 has slightly sweet mids which works well for vocal music. I recall suggesting the other Fitear you may want to demo is the MH334. Keep an open mind and go demo. :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #2,079 of 6,694
Kiats, i think u have acculmulated too much gear not only cables. Haha
Thanks for your kind words. Looking forward to your impressions on MH334 as I think I will be a returning customer for Fitear CIEM.

Eh, not so loud. The Mrs might hear you... 

You are most welcome! Definitely! I'll post my views or just do a review as soon as I have time to give it a good listen. Now just to receive it... :frowning2:

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #2,080 of 6,694
This past weekend, I met up with MTTheFirst and his friend @ the Fujiya Portable Show. Over coffee I had a brief 5-10 mins chance with the Toxic Cables Piccolinos on my MH335DW and did a brief comparison to my Tralucent Silver/Gold. To me the two are very similar but the Piccolinos had a slightly greater depth in staging and also a slightly "bigger" sound. Ergonomically these (as with other Toxic models) are a no brainer - flexible, not tangly. These Toxic Piccolinos are quite nice.

Thanks for the comparison Anakchan.
I'm most likely staying with the 335 + SW pairing.
I dont really dig the Picollinos , looks too bulky with that metal? Y-splitter.
Plus, i like my bass impact. :)

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #2,081 of 6,694

Eh, not so loud. The Mrs might hear you... 

Come on Kiat, what she doesn't know can't possibly hurt her.
LOL

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #2,082 of 6,694

Come on Kiat, what she doesn't know can't possibly hurt her.
LOL

Which is why I will forever be damned to having clear Fitear CIEMs for every single model... :)

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #2,083 of 6,694

Which is why I will forever be damned to having clear Fitear CIEMs for every single model... :)

If I ever have the opportunity to own a Fitear CIEM, it has to be in clear.
Absolutely beautifully crafted gems, these are.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #2,084 of 6,694

If I ever have the opportunity to own a Fitear CIEM, it has to be in clear.
Absolutely beautifully crafted gems, these are.

That too. No one seems to do it as well as Fitear does them. However, the prime imperative, for me, is still have all my Fitear CIEMs look the same to the uninitiated...

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,085 of 6,694

That too. No one seems to do it as well as Fitear does them. However, the prime imperative, for me, is still have all my Fitear CIEMs look the same to the uninitiated...

*Joe throws Kiat a "I-know-what-you-are-doing" look*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back