The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,727 of 6,678
Nope did impression and ordered from Jaben HK. Perfect fit first time.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,728 of 6,678
Its the first time i done impression based on a Fitear.
I noticed they used a green compound (not a color i've seen before), and they asked for a closed jaw with lips sealed.
During the curing process, the mold seems to be slowly slipping out the ears and after that i realised i forgot to wipe my oily ears before taking the impression.
Would that result in poorly fit impression?

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #1,730 of 6,678
Is it possible to refit this customs?

I believe that their customs can be refitted. But it will change the sound.

I've heard that because fitear uses a more shallow fit, it becomes a bit more "universal" as in there's a greater chance a random second hand fitear could fit your ear vs another maker.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,731 of 6,678
I believe that their customs can be refitted. But it will change the sound.

I've heard that because fitear uses a more shallow fit, it becomes a bit more "universal" as in there's a greater chance a random second hand fitear could fit your ear vs another maker.

Shallower yes but still you have to be pretty lucky to find a second hand set that fits your ears well.

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,732 of 6,678
Shallower yes but still you have to be pretty lucky to find a second hand set that fits your ears well.

Yea. When my friend visited e earphone, he got a perfect fit. Sady, the unit was defective though.... Oh well.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #1,734 of 6,678
FitEar are the best custom fit I have ever had. I ordered through Fujiya Avic but the molds were done at FitEar. This is the only way to go IMO because they are the experts and have total control over the process thus never a need to do a refit.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,735 of 6,678

When I first tried Uncle Wilson's C435 at Jaben, I got a shock coz his ciem can fit into my ears very well. I don't have to press the faceplate to get a good seal and it felt comfortable for half an hour or so that I had with his ciem

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #1,736 of 6,678
FitEar are the best custom fit I have ever had. I ordered through Fujiya Avic but the molds were done at FitEar. This is the only way to go IMO because they are the experts and have total control over the process thus never a need to do a refit.

Hopefully that's the case. I will be traveling to Japan this summer (mostly for FitEar...but sightseeing would be nice as well) to get them done. I've had a finicky ear for my past 2 refits of CIEMs. Hopefully they can get it done in one shot with no hassles. Afterall, this will be a one time trip.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #1,738 of 6,678
@mh335dw owners

You guys sick of the sound sig yet? Or is it a keeper? Reason I ask this question is because I just demoed the fitears again and the private 333, mh334 and mh335dw didn't wow me like the mh335dwsr did at mook.

For private 333 the bass is too thin for my liking whereas mh334 and mh335dw I couldn't feel much of a difference. Infact, I felt this time round the mh334 sounded nicer than the mh335dw because the bass sounds cleaner. i love my bass but sometimes i feel that the bass in the mh335dw is a little muddy? Do those that own it feel that way? I'm just afraid that I might find the bass abit greasy in the near future when you have too much of it. Any of you getting sick of the thick bass? I'm trying to justify plowing down 2k for it. Yes it is the best that i have ever heard for iem but the price is kinda steep.

The thing about fitear house sound is that everything comes together in a very wholesome way that none can match. It is very cohesive. There is clarity in the separate instruments yet it comes together nicely whereas other iem when there is good seperation you might feel that the song is clinical? Hope I manage to explain what I'm feeling. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,739 of 6,678
@mh335dw owners

You guys sick of the sound sig yet? Or is it a keeper? Reason I ask this question is because I just demoed the fitears again and the private 333, mh334 and mh335dw didn't wow me like the mh335dwsr did at mook.

For private 333 the bass is too thin for my liking whereas mh334 and mh335dw I couldn't feel much of a difference. Infact, I felt this time round the mh334 sounded nicer than the mh335dw because the bass sounds cleaner. i love my bass but sometimes i feel that the bass in the mh335dw is a little muddy? Do those that own it feel that way? I'm just afraid that I might find the bass abit greasy in the near future when you have too much of it. Any of you getting sick of the thick bass? I'm trying to justify plowing down 2k for it. Yes it is the best that i have ever heard for iem but the price is kinda steep.

The thing about fitear house sound is that everything comes together in a very wholesome way that none can match. It is very cohesive. There is clarity in the separate instruments yet it comes together nicely whereas other iem when there is good seperation you might feel that the song is clinical? Hope I manage to explain what I'm feeling. 

I gave my 335 a rest after getting my JH13 but I recently went back to them and I dont find the bass muddy at all. Its still the most musical IEM I have and you just get lost in their beauty. I don't think I'll ever tire of the FitEar sound

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #1,740 of 6,678
I gave my 335 a rest after getting my JH13 but I recently went back to them and I dont find the bass muddy at all. Its still the most musical IEM I have and you just get lost in their beauty. I don't think I'll ever tire of the FitEar sound

I feel the same way. I've had my 335s for two months and every time it is aural nirvana. I never tire of the sound sig. But I also know my own personal taste after having been in this hobby for a few years. I tend to be drawn to a warmer sound, and my ears are always drawn to the bass and drums first. The 335s fit my taste perfectly. I think that develops over time having has various IEMs and CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back