The first ever post on head-fi.
Sep 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:
Funny how the 2nd post(er) on Head-Fi is now banned. 
blink.gif

Nice find! Kinda sad seeing all them banners
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 34

Quote:
How do you get banned from this great webisite anyway?

We cannot discuss that

Please obey the rules and try not to fight too much.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #20 of 34
^^Cool! I mean the first post, not the getting banned part :)

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #25 of 34
Sep 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

So it's against the rules to discuss what we can't do? Lol.
Just think if you were a mod. Think of everything you wouldn't want to see. Avoid those things.

No.  Not at all.  If you want to discuss the rules, ask questions or propose changes, feel free to PM me or anyone else on Staff.  The rules and procedures have developed over the past ten years and there are sound reasons behind all of the policies.  I've discussed them with lots of people and I'd be happy to discuss them with you, too.

If you want to learn more about the rules and procedures, you'll find them in the TOS and Moderation FAQ in the Wiki.

Again, feel free to ask questions.

We do not discuss bans and administrative things in public here.  The reason for that is that we do not want the discussion to descend into a soap opera.  We're here to talk about electronics and music, not gossip.  Bans are private because we do not want a public spectacle or to humiliate someone openly.  That is done on some boards and the result is usually a bunch of fighting.

No, bans do not come from nowhere.  Explicit warnings via PM are given first and then a consensus is reached.  These are given for violating the rules.

And please feel free to ask questions.

Sep 26, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #28 of 34
Right, I actually think Head-Fi's rules are much more sane than most forums I've seen. This was more of a misunderstanding of what someone else wrote. I understand we shouldn't discuss bans, not because the almighty-banhammer is undiscussable (probably not a word), but because it turns into a highschool drama.

Quote:
I'm the one behind the camera....
tongue_smile.gif

I bet the M50s were still the top recommendation back then.

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #29 of 34
I would be curious to see what were the Amp/DAC/Phones recommendations ten years back. I always assumed (as with all assumptions quite wrongly) that all the development happened in the last 5-7 iPod years, specially when I thought Apple revolutionized music hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back