The first CD transport from Little Dot will be releasing soon
Jan 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #106 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Needs an faceplate option that matches MKVI better (black, specifically), imo. Don't cut out compatibility with your premier items.

i'd actually be happier if they could put this cdp in an enclosure that matched the dimensions of the MKVI
frown.gif
i dont have anywhere to put this transport except underneath my mkvi...

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #107 of 176
Actually I dont like its LD style look...

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #108 of 176
No updates on this product?

The CDP_1 may be exactly the kind of product I've been looking for. The upcoming Emotiva player also looks promising, but it's a very large unit and the small footprint of the LD player is an advantage I think. Plus I have little need for the bells and whistles Emo is planning to pack into their model when I only intend to use it as a transport.

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #109 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus I have little need for the bells and whistles Emo is planning to pack into their model when I only intend to use it as a transport.

Exactly the same dilemma I am in.

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #112 of 176
I would love to have a nice Little Dot stack of CD transport, DAC, and amp if they're all priced well.

The only other stack I can think of that has all these components is the Stello 100 line from April Music. However, it's too expensive for me ($895 for the CD transport, $695 for the DAC, and $995 for the amp).

Apr 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #113 of 176
Yeah, half-width stackables are sweet
smily_headphones1.gif
Cyrus makes a transport/dac set (even more expensive than the Stellos iirc) and there are a couple of half-width CD players, but only a few have balanced outputs and those tend to be way expensive
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #114 of 176
One thing that is conspicuously missing from the prototype images is a power button. I've gotten used to not seeing one on certain gear, but having to reach around to the back to hit the master power switch is unreasonable, and so is the expectation that a user leave it on all the time (does the display stay lit the whole time too?). Of course those are prototype images so I'm not assuming anything just yet. Would be nice to see some final production photos since they are starting to produce units now.

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #116 of 176
I just wish I could buy that enclosure for a usb external cd drive! I love the look of LD enclosures so much, I really wish they would just sell enclosure lines too for DYI mods. I would love to have an external HDD in a little dot case!

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #117 of 176
Sorry for the delay guys long time hadn't been here due to some personal reasons.
Power switchs are at back.
Post some real pics below and you will be able to find out yourself. For the sounding part, no review had been given out so far. However, for some people had received them real liked the sound.

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #119 of 176
The hard power switch on the back was visible in the prototype too. What I was wondering is why there is no soft power button on the front. That seems terribly inconvenient if the unit is placed in a location where you cannot easily reach to the back of it. Does it have some sort of intelligent standby and can power down after a period of inactivity without the user having to physically shut off the power supply each time?

Thanks for the additional pictures btw. It'd be great to see a close-up of the CD player display if you happen to have one.

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #120 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hard power switch on the back was visible in the prototype too. What I was wondering is why there is no soft power button on the front. That seems terribly inconvenient if the unit is placed in a location where you cannot easily reach to the back of it. Does it have some sort of intelligent standby and can power down after a period of inactivity without the user having to physically shut off the power supply each time?

Thanks for the additional pictures btw. It'd be great to see a close-up of the CD player display if you happen to have one.

There are two ways to enter the standby mode:
1, remote control standby:
If the machine is in working condition, press the remote control of the [POWER] key will enter standby. Again [POWER] key will boot normally.
2, auto standby:
When the machine is stopped (not playing CD) for more than 10 minutes, the machine automatically enter standby mode.
Note: must be in the "stop" to enter the standby state of operation.
Wake-up call:
The machine into the standby mode, you can use the remote control of the [POWER] key to wake up (as described above); also can be pressed [OPEN / CLOSE] key to wake-up (Note: at this time does not produce OPEN / CLOSE action) .
Thank you for the concern!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back