The first CD transport from Little Dot will be releasing soon
Aug 10, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #136 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys can take advantage of the cashback program to chop down 7-8% more if you buy from ebay. Would bring the price a little lower.

?? How does it work?

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #137 of 176
sign up for a cashback account @ Bing.com. Go to Bing.Com Search "thinkpad" after you click enter, there should be an ad at the top of the search that shows an ebay ad saying you may qualify for Microsoft Cashback and the percentage. Click on that link. Your ebay page should have Cashback activated now. Search for what you want to buy, use paypal and you should get the cashback rebate triggered. Search Slickdeals, they have all the directions

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #138 of 176
Anyone have a review on the LD CD Transport?

Aug 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #139 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have a review on the LD CD Transport?

Not a review, but I can give a first impression. Mine arrived a couple of days ago. It has to replace (temporarily?) my Marantz CD12 transport that broke down and is irrepairable.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I have to say that the Little Dot does not disappoint so far. It is well built and sturdy. Everything works perfectly (all be it pretty slow) and the sound is more than decent. I did not expect the difference to be as big as it turns out to be.
First thing I noticed is a fairly large increase in the bottom end, which surprised me. Detail and clarity seem to be very good so far.
I want to do a lot more listening before I got it measured up properly, but so far I feel pleasantly surprised.

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #140 of 176
I've received my transport yesterday, with a MKV and a DAC_I, and all I can say so far is that is working well, easy to use and sounding good (I can't imagine huge differences between transports). Unfortunately I can't compare it against my previous Roksan K2, since I've sold it before get the LD, but I doubt I could notice any difference using an external DAC.
Massimiliano

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #141 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say that the Little Dot does not disappoint so far. It is well built and sturdy. Everything works perfectly (all be it pretty slow) and the sound is more than decent.

Would you describe the "pretty slow" a bit more? does not respond to commands, slow to initially read the disc, etc?

Could you tell also how is it connected and to what. Coax? Which DAC and amp etc?

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #142 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaakso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you describe the "pretty slow" a bit more? does not respond to commands, slow to initially read the disc, etc?

Could you tell also how is it connected and to what. Coax? Which DAC and amp etc?

It's simply slow to respond to commands, even with the remote. Also, it takes 40 seconds to read the disc from the cold start (not stand-by). But this is something I have already got used to, after one day. From my point of view not a big issue. I use mine connected through optical to the DAC_I.
Massimiliano

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #143 of 176
Quote:

It is slow in responding to commands and slow in initialising the disc. Slow meaning you have to wait a couple of seconds every time you push a button.

It is temporarily replacing my Marantz CD12. It is connected to the first coax input of my Marantz DA12 (Siltech).
The balanced output of the DA12 is input for the Rudistor RPX-100, which in turn is preamp for my Audio Innovations First Audio Amplifier power amp and Millon Air Reference II speakers.
The single ended output of the DA12 is input for the RSA Stealth which is the preamp for two Johan Ketelaar Active 65 mono amplifiers that I use to drive my AKG K1000.
The line-out of the RPX-100 is input for my Rudistor Egmont that drives the Stax O2.

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #144 of 176
Quote:

It is slow in responding to commands and slow in initialising the disc. Slow meaning you have to wait a couple of seconds every time you push a button.

couple of seconds is not pretty slow, it is slow as hell. and 40 seconds to initialise disc
confused_face_2.gif
I really would like to know what is the reason for this kind of delay. Damn, even my DVD player is faster than that.. PS3 boots faster than that
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, my SB Duet is slower than that on a bad day, so I propably could get used to it, if I wanted to.

That kind of slowness is a big annoyance (is that a real word..) to me, so I propably have to skip this on and try to find some other CDP or transport. I would've liked the form factor and general outlook of this a lot. and so would've my wife.

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #145 of 176
Quote:

couple of seconds is not pretty slow, it is slow as hell. and 40 seconds to initialise disc
confused_face_2.gif
I really would like to know what is the reason for this kind of delay. Damn, even my DVD player is faster than that.. PS3 boots faster than that
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, my SB Duet is slower than that on a bad day, so I propably could get used to it, if I wanted to.

That kind of slowness is a big annoyance (is that a real word..) to me, so I propably have to skip this on and try to find some other CDP or transport. I would've liked the form factor and general outlook of this a lot. and so would've my wife.

It does not take 40 seconds to initialise the disc, only 5 seconds or so.
It only takes 40 seconds if the unit is powered off and you have to power it up to start the disc. The power switch is on the back, you are supposed to leave it on stand-by. It automatically falls in stand-by mode after a minute or so of inactivity.

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #146 of 176
Quote:

It does not take 40 seconds to initialise the disc, only 5 seconds or so.
It only takes 40 seconds if the unit is powered off and you have to power it up to start the disc. The power switch is on the back, you are supposed to leave it on stand-by. It automatically falls in stand-by mode after a minute or so of inactivity.

Oh, ok. That sounds like a reasonable time. still have to wonder about the couple of seconds when pushing the buttons. Well, I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #148 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
take 40s to get ready?thats a bit long. what are you gonna do before it starts running.
smile.gif
or just sit back and relax

As they explained, only when you have a cold start. This is ment to be left on standby and recovering from that does not take 40s.

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #149 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've received my transport yesterday, with a MKV and a DAC_I

PICS! PLEASE! Sounds like it would be a sexy setup, since they all have the same form factor.

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #150 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PICS! PLEASE! Sounds like it would be a sexy setup, since they all have the same form factor.

I'll take some pictures today! Still can't decide the best placement: all 3 stacked or the amp right in the middle over the transport and the dac.
As for the 40 secs, well, is it just me that doesn't care much about this??? It happens only once a day, when I switch it on, and this give me time to sit perfectly on my sofa!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back