The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Mar 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #797 of 902
I wrote the following in the other thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many thanks to Ray, my Protector arrived today. Will charge overnight then do some single-ended 24/7 burn-in with a set of AKG 701s. No need for pics since a previous post had plenty. NOTE: perfect packaging!

I'm supposed to have someone reterminating my HD650 Equinox cable with XLRs and making an adaptor to run from the Protector to female XLR connectors, we'll see what happens and in what time frame.

Best of luck to all those who are in line for this amp. Thanks again to RSA Audio.

Weird about the Boston Head-Fier not getting his amp; wasn't it at Boston Airport that the Senn 800s disappeared?

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #798 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ray, how do we know when it's done charging? does a light turn on or something? and we are supposed to charge it "off" correct?

I think that adaptor light will turn from red to green when it is charged.

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #799 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ray, how do we know when it's done charging? does a light turn on or something? and we are supposed to charge it "off" correct?

There is a RED LED, light, on the charger when charging, it turne GREEN when fully charged. You can keep it on the charger no harm if you so wish. Don't turn it off if you have it connected to the charger as it speeds the burn-in process, if not in use.
Ray Samuels

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #801 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote the following in the other thread:

Weird about the Boston Head-Fier not getting his amp; wasn't it at Boston Airport that the Senn 800s disappeared?

Hope not, I have a HD800 coming tomorrow too.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #802 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a RED LED, light, on the charger when charging, it turne GREEN when fully charged. You can keep it on the charger no harm if you so wish. Don't turn it off if you have it connected to the charger as it speeds the burn-in process, if not in use.
Ray Samuels

Thanks Ray
smily_headphones1.gif
yeah i just noticed that, i hadnt even thought of that. So i should leave it on while its charging? im assuming its ok to listen while charging too?

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #803 of 902
Saw that the charger light changed from red to green (that's a nice touch!) , and read Ray's comments about leaving the charger attached to speed up burn in. So, let's get things into play.

Selected "hi" for impedance and hooked things up. Have the trusted Isotek System CD Enhancer going, with my AKG 701s, to run in the amp over the next several days. Gave a very brief listen, in single mode, to some Alison Krauss and company. May depend on the sound of Ms. Krauss' vocals, and that of her playmates over a number of albums, to help chart the depth and breadth of some of the amp burn in at the latter part of next week. Life's good!

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #805 of 902
Got mine today, also got my cables back from Whiplash!!! Can't wait to set back and give this a listen!!!

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #806 of 902
Just got pics of the 3.5mm -> RSA balanced female adapter that I asked a dude named FraGGleR here to build for me on the cheap, since I'm a cheapass who can't afford the TWag stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
If there's any other stingy bastards out there I'm sure he could do one for you, the price was low and nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also whipping the guy to do a 4pin XLR -> RSA balanced female adapter so I think he can do other stuff too.

fraggler-albums-diy-cables-picture4950-protector-se-adapter.jpg

fraggler-albums-diy-cables-picture4951-protector-se-adapter-close.jpg

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #808 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorthon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my protector. It is so much smaller than I expected. Can't wait for it to warm up so that I can turn it on, give it a listen, start the burn in process, and get a pair of headphones reterminated.

haha i felt the same way, this is about how big i thought the shadow was going to be!

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #810 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got pics of the 3.5mm -> RSA balanced female adapter that I asked a dude named FraGGleR here to build for me on the cheap, since I'm a cheapass who can't afford the TWag stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
If there's any other stingy bastards out there I'm sure he could do one for you, the price was low and nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also whipping the guy to do a 4pin XLR -> RSA balanced female adapter so I think he can do other stuff too.

fraggler-albums-diy-cables-picture4950-protector-se-adapter.jpg

fraggler-albums-diy-cables-picture4951-protector-se-adapter-close.jpg

Hard to hang around this site long being stingy!!LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back