The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Mar 11, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #782 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes sir
wink.gif

I'm listening to the amp with my JH13s (in balanced mode) as I type this and the SQ is sublime.
eek.gif

You are killing me here... Ray, where is my amp? Shipping to Boston should not that long...

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #784 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are killing me here... Ray, where is my amp? Shipping to Boston should not that long...

Please check your pm.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #786 of 902
Mine is on the truck. . . You know having heard it for some time and then being without it (sent back the demo unit), I am going through serious withdrawals, I mean serious. This amp opens up a whole new frontier of listening.

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #789 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The soundstage is now wider and better focused with my JH13s.

Wait until you get a little bit of burn-in time on it.

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #792 of 902
According to FedEX my Protector is waiting for me at my UPS store mailbox now, and I'll pick it up in less than an hour. My whiplash cables are shipping today, but Ray is loaning me a full size headphone adapter that I have to ship back at my expense next week when my cables arrive. So, thanks to Ray's loan I'll be able to report on the Protector (unburned-in) with HD600 and a borrowed Equinox cable soon. I have an APS v3 adapter to convert it to 4-pin, and can also try my HD800 and K1000.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #793 of 902
I posted some pics over in the other thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i just got my protector in the mail, took some pics during the unpacking for ya'lls since no one else had. And my photo skills are not what some of the rest of you have but oh well
tongue.gif

The FedEx box
DSC00348.jpg

The RSA box inside
DSC00349.jpg

The inside of the box, peanuts included
tongue.gif

DSC00351.jpg

Now i have never had a headphone amp before, let alone a portable, but when i slid this thing out of the pouch, i was stunned, i thought it was easily going to be twice this size!! its so freakin tiny!!!
DSC00352.jpg

Another of the Protector
DSC00353.jpg

Now here's the sad part, You'll notice that there is only one JH-13 attached to that TWag balanced cable
frown.gif
thats because the other one is still in the mail on the way back from a refit...
DSC00356.jpg

So the impressions ill try to put up later will only be from my ATH-A900's in single ended mode
DSC00357.jpg

And here are some pics for size comparison with a iPod Classic
DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

I havent even plugged headphones in yet, but i just got back from the gym, so im letting it charge while i shower and then ill plug it into the A900's and see what i find
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #795 of 902
I just got mine as well, but my cable is not here yet.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back