The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Feb 23, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #511 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DSC_6274.jpg

Hey Ray,

Are you going to be selling this connector (with male xlr's)? If so, how much?

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #512 of 902
I would like to reserve a black Protector. Thank you Ray.

I will also take 3 connectors as well please.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #514 of 902
Hello,
Are you planning to offer a "Protector" with built-in DAC in the future?
Any plans for a separate portable size DAC?
I have read about the "Predator" but balanced seems to be all the rage right now.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #516 of 902
Ray, please reserve one for me:
black Protector + 2 connectors

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #518 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Questa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the part number of the female version of the connectors? so that I can make the adapter to 2x 3pin XLR

Hold on, bit worried, help me out here as I am new to balanced business.

What type of XLR does the connector Ray is offering work with?

I have just ordered a 3 pin XLR cable for my HD650 (two ended) - will this work with the connector pictured on this thread?

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #519 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hold on, bit worried, help me out here as I am new to balanced business.

What type of XLR does the connector Ray is offering work with?

I have just ordered a 3 pin XLR cable for my HD650 (two ended) - will this work with the connector pictured on this thread?

Not sure he's offering any.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #520 of 902
He said in the pre-order post:

Quote:

The connectors are available; you can purchase one at $2.50 only.

It's pictured in several photographs on the thread.

Almost everyone on the thread has asked for one or more.

Am just a bit confused as to whether this connector is what I need for the cable I have ordered.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #521 of 902
I think the connector that he have mentioned is just the connector part for DIY; not 2x3 xlr to 4 pin adapter like shown in the above. That adapter should cost much more than $2.50

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #522 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the connector that he have mentioned is just the connector part for DIY; not 2x3 xlr to 4 pin adapter like shown in the above. That adapter should cost much more than $2.50

Thanks DC5Zilla. Will keep an eye on this issue till I get some kind of clarity about what I have to do to actually use this amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #523 of 902
Dear Ray

Please put me in the preorder list. Black color with 1 connectors.
Serial number #222 would be sweet.

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #524 of 902
What I really mean is I want to re-terminate my headphones with the 4 pin connectors that ray offers ( the one in the custom iems cable ), and I just wondering, if I can make an adapter that to go from the 4 pin connector in to 2 xlr's, that means I need the 4 pin connectors in female version. so that I can connect it to my balanced ß22.

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #525 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks DC5Zilla. Will keep an eye on this issue till I get some kind of clarity about what I have to do to actually use this amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

You will need to purchase a pre-made adapter to go from the 4 pin connector on the amp to a format that will accomodate the connector on your headphone cable. The dual XLR females shown above will fit the standard dual male adapters that Headroom uses to reterminate thier headphones in a balanced configuration. The standard has been to come off of an amp in dual female XLR and make cables in dual male XLR to match. I personally prefer to use a single Mini-XLR 4 pin connector although it's size limits the cable size I can use. Many amp builders are switching to a single 4 pin full sized XLR for thier applications. The connector on the amp is a new concept so unless you purchase the additional connector plug and DIY your own adapter or cable, you will need to purchase a cable from someone else as Ray has indicated will be availlable from ALO and hopefully many cable builders.

I have opted to purchase 4 additional connectors but may only need one to make a mini-XLR 4 pin female adapter which should accomodate the connector on the balanced IEM cable I already have for my customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back