The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Feb 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #526 of 902
Ray,

Kindly add my name to the pre-order list for:

1 Black unit plus 2 connectors

Thanks

Steve

I must have mis-read offer as only 1 connector per person allowed. if that's not the case can I have 2 :)

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #527 of 902
Please if you make an adaptor your self make sure you use a good quality wire with 18 AWG. Using thinner wire might not give you all the bottom end that the amp is capable of. If you happen to have the phones that have 4 conductors then you are in a good shape. all you have to do is terminate the wire to the new Kobiconn connector.
Here is the pins designation.
Please make sure your terminate the wires to the correct pins other wise you might end up having all kinf of problems.
Looking at the connector that goes with the headphones you will see four pins, one through four.

Left channel,
PIN # 1 is +
PIN # 3 is -

Right channel,
PIN # 2 is +
PIN # 4 is -

Whiplash Audio & Moon Audio, both have the connectors & will be more than happy to meet your demands.

RSA

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #529 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using thinner wire might not give you all the bottom end that the amp is capable of.

That's not true.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #530 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray do you think you can attach a photo of the connector with labelling to show which is 1,2,3 and 4? Thanks a bunch

The pins on the connector are labeled. I use a magnifying glass to see them but they are there right beside the pins.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #531 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not true.

What's not true?

How can the portion you quoted "not" be true? He said it "might" not, which also means it "might".

Am I missing something?

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #532 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's not true?

How can the portion you quoted "not" be true? He said it "might" not, which also means it "might".

Am I missing something?

There's no way using a thinner wire than 18 AWG will give you less bass, unless the wire diameter is extremely small and of crappy quality. And then what do you make of the headphone cable? Does it have to be bigger than 18 AWG too or you just completely disregard that part of the story?

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #535 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no way using a thinner wire than 18 AWG will give you less bass, unless the wire diameter is extremely small and of crappy quality. And then what do you make of the headphone cable? Does it have to be bigger than 18 AWG too or you just completely disregard that part of the story?

Okay. So I was missing something.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #536 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please if you make an adaptor your self make sure you use a good quality wire with 18 AWG. Using thinner wire might not give you all the bottom end that the amp is capable of. If you happen to have the phones that have 4 conductors then you are in a good shape. all you have to do is terminate the wire to the new Kobiconn connector.
Here is the pins designation.
Please make sure your terminate the wires to the correct pins other wise you might end up having all kinf of problems.
Looking at the connector that goes with the headphones you will see four pins, one through four.

Left channel,
PIN # 1 is +
PIN # 3 is -

Right channel,
PIN # 2 is +
PIN # 4 is -

Whiplash Audio & Moon Audio, both have the connectors & will be more than happy to meet your demands.

RSA

The wire I am talking about in the last post is the extension between the balanced connector of the Protector & the balanced XLRs.

I was not talking about the wire of the IEMs.

RSA

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #537 of 902
Please remember that this is a MOT Sponsored Forum that is paid for.
It is simply for pre-orders, and requesting information about the product being sold.

If you have disagreements with the MOT, please PM the MOT or start your own thread. All other types of comments will be pruned from this thread.

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #538 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifedash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
Are you planning to offer a "Protector" with built-in DAC in the future?
Any plans for a separate portable size DAC?
I have read about the "Predator" but balanced seems to be all the rage right now.

This, to me, is a GREAT question. I'm happy I am currently in the queue for a Protector amp. I considered the Predator, but decided to go for the Protector. However, I'd be even more willing to wait for a Ray Samuels amp "Protector+DAC" in a single unit. Who knows what Ray has up his sleeves?
wink_face.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #539 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This, to me, is a GREAT question. I'm happy I am currently in the queue for a Protector amp. I considered the Predator, but decided to go for the Protector. However, I'd be even more willing to wait for a Ray Samuels amp "Protector+DAC" in a single unit. Who knows what Ray has up his sleeves?
wink_face.gif

I definately wanted to put my hat in the ring for a "Protector" to take advantage of the introductory price, but I would also be willing to wait for a +DAC version of available soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back