The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Feb 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #496 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not, sorry.

I will have a full review done later - but this will take some time. Used balanced, it isn't really even a fair fight - the Protector is better than any other portable amp I have ever used - based just on it's performance balanced.

Skylab, thank you so much for your contribution to our community and interest. I understand that require a lot of sacrifice and time to do a full review, but your bottom line serve just as well. Hope you can understand we headfiers always wanted more info and tibits with each new product and to have someone like yourself that has voiced so much opinion on the forum is very helpful becasue your standard is known to us.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #497 of 902
Okay Ray, I guess I am in for a Black one with 4 spare connectors, please. I have see what all the fuss is about driving the HE-5.
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #500 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow jamato thats alot of praise and makes me feel sad that i spend all that money for woo6+sp when i could have bought the better for less...

I actually read it as, "I prefer tubes, but can't always use them, and when I can't, then the Protector is really awesome"

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #501 of 902
^^thats not what he meant,he prefered the hd650 balanced with the protector than the hd650 from woo6,different flavours and different sound sig.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #502 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love tubes and I like my modified Woo 6. I started the pseudo dual power supply that they now use and have the best nonpolar Black Gates in my Woo and they are in Super E configuration. I don't know that anyone else has taken the 6 to the point where I have it. I have to state that I love tubes, again, and if I could they would be all that I use but, sigh, the Protector in balanced takes the HD650's to a different level. They are more layered with sound from the Protector and it sounds like I am listening to a live feed when the music is well recorded and even at times when it is not. There is even better separation of instruments and voices.

I can hear voices now in front of and beside each other more clearly and distinctly. I wouldn't have believed the recording had actually caught that much detail in the performance but the Protector with my HD650's or the JH 13 Pros, brings that out in a natural, neutral sounding way. I would say the Protector performs above the 1000 dollar range with ease and I am not sure a dollar figure even needs to be made. The Protector just does what it does and you listen to the music.

I was all ready to pull the trigger on the Protector from your earlier impressions of the Protector, which I did yesterday. I was kind of regretting selling my tube amp this morning to fund this amp but now after reading this recent post I have no regrets.
I just can't wait for all my new toys to come in and see which one blows my mind away the most.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #503 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually read it as, "I prefer tubes, but can't always use them, and when I can't, then the Protector is really awesome"

I don't want to fill this thread with non Protector info so I will keep it short. I love tubes because I first built my tube radio back in the 60's. I love the glow, and I truly enjoy designing circuitry and working with them but the Protector has supplanted what I have looked for in tubes. I would still love little tiny glowing tubes just for the glow but in the Protector but it ain't going to happen. :^)

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #505 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has 16.8 volts.

please forgive my lack of knowledge in this field.
a popular amp built by another company is said to have 2-cell (8.4V) battery (i dont want to bring up its name in this thread). the protector has 16.8 volts.
does that mean the protector has twice-stronger power to drive big cans?

btw, what is size/the measurements of this product?

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #506 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to fill this thread with non Protector info so I will keep it short. I love tubes because I first built my tube radio back in the 60's. I love the glow, and I truly enjoy designing circuitry and working with them but the Protector has supplanted what I have looked for in tubes. I would still love little tiny glowing tubes just for the glow but in the Protector but it ain't going to happen. :^)

i would LOVE for ray's next project to be a ultra portable tube amp! i know there is already another tube amp on the market, but it's more hybrid than tube-tube ( if you know what i mean) and its too big for my taste. something along the size of the Protector would be great.

mayb ray will make the top transparent so that we can see the tubes! but i get ahead of myself......

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #509 of 902
Hi Ray,

Please reserve Silver Protector one and 4 connector.
#999 serial numbers is good.

regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back