The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Dec 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 902

Ray Samuels

Member of the Trade: Ray Samuels Audio
Emmeline, THE PROTECTOR, balanced headphone amp...
See the pictures below, please. We will post more info and detail about The Proterctor. It is the first of it's kind, you have to hear it, to believe what you are missing. The JHPRO13 sound amzing with single ended portable amps, but at the RMAF, the PRO13, were wired in a balanced configuration & driven by the Apache balanced headphone amp, the presentation was like a breath of fresh air, the sound stage literary put you into a trance.
To be continued...
RSA

DSC_6260.jpg

DSC_6261.jpg

DSC_6262.jpg

DSC_6264.jpg

DSC_6265.jpg

DSC_6267.jpg

DSC_6268.jpg

DSC_6270.jpg

DSC_6271.jpg

DSC_6272.jpg

DSC_6273.jpg

DSC_6274.jpg

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 902
ohhhhsnap. No he didn't... yes he did. There goes my wallet. Will you be offering a way to get a balanced cable for said custom IEM?

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 902
Great news.

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 902
OMG I'm definately in for this one... and sorry for my wallet

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Sargent Schultz used to use "Very Interesting"

Actually that was Arte Johnson's German soldier character on Laugh In.

Arte1.jpg

Schultz was "I know nothing!"

sgt_20schultz_small.jpg

se

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 902
We have done a long search to find out a good quality connector that is sturdy, small, well build, with four pins and PC brd foot prints yet not expensive. We came with this connector that is just amazing, its size and look makes it the best choice for balanced portable use. It has very small foot prints. This connector could be used by all the manufacturers of both the IEMs & the portable amp designers. This way it unites us all in making it easy for the consumers to have one cable with the right connector to fit all the up coming balanced amps from every manufacturer. Making this connector a universal choice for all balanced portable amps will give us many choices for other amps or IEMs with out the worry of what adaptor should I get to make this work with that.

We have already been in contact with JH Audio regarding the balanced cables for the PRO13s. We will do the same with Westone & the Ultimate Ears by posting the part # of both the male & female of this connector. The most important think we would like to do is posting the wires termination, both the positive & the negative as to which pins # the left & right drivers have been assigned. This way it makes the termination matching for all IEMs cables & the portable amp’s connectors.
To be continued …
RSA

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #12 of 902
What ever it is, there needs to be a standard connector and the sooner the better to avoid hassles later on.

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #15 of 902
Yes please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back