The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Dec 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #121 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This my my 4th same response in three days:
Read the thread man, read the thread. It seems that members are getting more and more lazy.
They want the answers on a silver platter.
Please don't think that I'm picking on just you, panda, but it's a small thread. You are not the only one.

People just come into the middle of the thread and without doing any research, they ask the same question that has already been asked, and, answered. I can understand if a thread, like the JH-13 thread which has almost a thousand posts, you are not going to spend the evening reading "War and Peace".

But if you're truly interested in a particular subject, then I feel you should spend 15 minutes to get caught up. There's only 5 or 6 pages in this thread.

Or at least you can make an effort and say "I really don't have the time to re-read a thousand pages, so can anyone tell me the answer to...".

Basic thread etiquette, like not writing in caps. I guess this has been discussed in the "http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/what-kids-think-its-just-dismaying-460087/" thread.

Might a well Sticky this question with the, is burn in real, & do cables effect the sound.. Brought up so many times..

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #123 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i supposed that will depend on your definition of 'expensive'. i'm going to need 2 new balanced cables, 1 for my LW3, and 1 for my modified tf10 ( in the future). i'm not going to modify/reterminate any of my current cables, so that means i will need 2 new cables. assuming, i get them both from whiplash, my safest bet will be 400 total.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jamato is suggesting you build your own cable. A few pages back Ray said the connector is approximately 2 dollars, and I'm looking at some balanced cabling on Redco for $0.46/foot... seems like you could make a cable for well under 20 dollars with some basic soldering skills.

I've never done it myself (but have been looking into it), but I'm sure the guys (and gals) in the DIY forum could tell you all about it.

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #124 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jamato is suggesting you build your own cable. A few pages back Ray said the connector is approximately 2 dollars, and I'm looking at some balanced cabling on Redco for $0.46/foot... seems like you could make a cable for well under 20 dollars with some basic soldering skills.

I've never done it myself (but have been looking into it), but I'm sure the guys (and gals) in the DIY forum could tell you all about it.

yea i get the impression that is what he's driving at. but the thing is, i have no diy skills or experience, and i simply do not have the time to learn ( when you're up at 2am ON A WEEKEND NIGHT trying to finish your homework, you know you don't have the time to do any diy). also some cables are not available for diy, like the whiplash TWag. so i'm looking at the worst ( and most likely) scenario where i have to buy a ready-made cable for each of my iem, instead of making them myself.

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #125 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
protector-630.jpg

LOL, my father has outfit a few of these for people/"companies"

Amp looks nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #126 of 902
nvm found the answer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #127 of 902
hey ray, since you have bought the 4 pin connectors, and you got a great mil-spec cable, you could offer a balanced with the amp right? much like you what you did when you created a low profile lod for the RSA Shadow.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #128 of 902
Quote:

hey ray, since you have bought the 4 pin connectors, and you got a great mil-spec cable, you could offer a balanced with the amp right? much like you what you did when you created a low profile lod for the RSA Shadow.

I am really working with some great manufacturers of IEMs to have them make the balanced cable for the IEMs that they manufacture. Also Whiplash is making me the very first balanced cable for the JH 13PRO. As I have mentioned before that I have 1000 connectors coming hopefully soon so I can devide them between JH Audio, Westone, Ultimate ear & Whiplash Audio, they will be making the cables for their own IEMs & Whiplash will be making the after market balanced cable to those who would like his wire.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #129 of 902
if you remember the shadow thread, someone mentioned that your lod sounded so great with the shadow may be due to the fact that the wiring in the shadow and the wire in the lod is the same. so i was thinking if you can expand on this idea, and have the entire rig made out of your wires, won't that be fantastic??

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #130 of 902
Quote:

if you remember the shadow thread, someone mentioned that your lod sounded so great with the shadow may be due to the fact that the wiring in the shadow and the wire in the lod is the same. so i was thinking if you can expand on this idea, and have the entire rig made out of your wires, won't that be fantastic??

The Shadow has a trace not wire and the wire would appear to be way too stiff to use for IEM's. I would think Ray offering the connectors as he stated would be a very doable option.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #131 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really working with some great manufacturers of IEMs to have them make the balanced cable for the IEMs that they manufacture. Also Whiplash is making me the very first balanced cable for the JH 13PRO. As I have mentioned before that I have 1000 connectors coming hopefully soon so I can devide them between JH Audio, Westone, Ultimate ear & Whiplash Audio, they will be making the cables for their own IEMs & Whiplash will be making the after market balanced cable to those who would like his wire.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Can't wait
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #133 of 902
I could be wrong but I understood the stock cable is a 3 wire and you need four wires for balance. At the RMAF JH Audio used an different cable when he created the balance cable to use with the Apache at the show. It was from his aviation business which need the extra wire for the microphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back