The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Mar 6, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #9,646 of 9,972

Nothing is working. I bought a new Sandisk 16 gig card today and the X3 still tries to load the software over and over.

This is getting frustrating. It's looking like I'll have to send it back to China for repair.

J.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #9,647 of 9,972
  Hey all. Due to the severe lack of custom themes (compared to the X1 at least) I made my own and decided to share. It's mostly based on the latest custom X1 2.0 theme from Fiio. Theme 6 is closer to the original X1 custom while Theme 5 has a little more touches from me (larger fonts, custom now playing background and gain icon). This is FW 2.0.

As usual, I'm not responsible if you damage your hardware.

Download here and don't forget to change the file name to X3ii.fw: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByfO6S4vIrCmUkVnY2FmYlJnUGs

Thank you so much!!!

I was a big fan of this when I had the x1...

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #9,650 of 9,972
  How would you install this?

Larger fonts would be a welcome upgrade...

Upgrade a custom TW, you can find few links in this thread

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #9,651 of 9,972

Dear Mellowship,

You may try to install this DAC drvier to see whether it helps:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyiuv0dmscdhqkf/FiiO%20USB%20DAC%20Driver%20v3.34.0-161216update.zip?dl=0

Have you tried to install the patch to see whether it helps?
You will get it through Windows update or you can be downloaded here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148
The description from Microsoft can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929

Best regards

Great support!
It worked. Thank you so much!
Now I'm enjoying some DSD music with foobar and asio. :) 

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #9,652 of 9,972
Well,

I tried everything but I'm still having problems.

I tried downloading different versions of the Fiio X2 2nd software, plus I bought a new 16 gig Sandisk card.

Nothing is working. It still is going into an endless loop when it tries to update the software.

Fiio customer support suggested sending the X3 back to China, via a secure delivery mode. I checked with FedEx and they gave me a ball park figure of $100. (I didn't have the exact address with me, as I had just gotten off work and stopped by the FedEx office on the way home.)

I would still have to pay for the cost of repair, along with the shipping cost to China.

I really don't think I want to try a 'refurbished' unit for $70 + my X3.

Maybe I should just buy a new one? Does anyone know when the new model is going to be released?

Thanks,

Jeff

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #9,653 of 9,972
  Well,

I tried downloading different versions of the Fiio X2 2nd software, plus I bought a new 16 gig Sandisk card.

Nothing is working. It still is going into an endless loop when it tries to update the software.

Fiio customer support suggested sending the X3 back to China, via a secure delivery mode. I checked with FedEx and they gave me a ball park figure of $100. (I didn't have the exact address with me, as I had just gotten off work and stopped by the FedEx office on the way home.)

I would still have to pay for the cost of repair, along with the shipping cost to China.

Maybe I should just buy a new one? Does anyone know when the new model is going to be released?

Thanks,

Jeff

Shipping to China should not cost near close to that. 

There will be another X3 coming along sometime, but FiiO didn't announce it yet, so at this point it is just speculation. 

Have you tried keeping the pwr button pressed for 1 min ? This could solve some problems. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #9,654 of 9,972
Well,

Thanks,

Jeff

If youre looking for a almost new one I have one for sale as seen below.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #9,655 of 9,972

Shipping to China should not cost near close to that. 

There will be another X3 coming along sometime, but FiiO didn't announce it yet, so at this point it is just speculation. 

Have you tried keeping the pwr button pressed for 1 min ? This could solve some problems. 

No I did not try that. When should I hold the power button for one minute? On start up or when the unit is already on?

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #9,656 of 9,972

No I did not try that. When should I hold the power button for one minute? On start up or when the unit is already on?

When it is turned off, just keep the power button pressed for ~1 minute. 

It wipes off the RAM and cleans most of temporary data that might be causing errors. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #9,658 of 9,972
I think you can ship a small parcel to China with USPS for between $15 and $30.   I think they charge more for tracking.

Anybody else have shipping advice for China?

I did not know about the ability to clear out flash.  I suppose you could also "reflash" the firmware to clear thing out also.

It would not make sense to me to purchase a refurbished X3 II when a new model is coming out pretty darn soon.  Plus other brands may be of interest at this price point, including Cayin and Shanling.

Of course it makes the most sense to get you current unit working properly.

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #9,659 of 9,972
Anyone with a SanDisk 200 gb in their x3ii? Thinking of getting one for myself, but would like to have feedback if it's working good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back