The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Dec 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #9,331 of 9,972
  Hahaha, good idea!
I'm pretty sure these DAPs, at least X3ii or highers, even better than HTC, LG flagship smartphones. Not to mention power comparison. Smartphones are just a joke for that. 
If my computer had a ''real'' soundcard, I would buy X1 and get a good whiskey!

I would still think my X1 Sounds better than my Note 5 which is a flagship phone and sounds decent. I've not heard the other brands though

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #9,332 of 9,972
  Man, I just saw the FiiO X1II and I'm jelly.  Very nice form factor and IT HAS BLUETOOTH!  IT HAS BLUETOOTH!!!  That is one feature I would have loved on my FiiO X3II.  FiiO!!!  WHY!!!

:frowning2:

But very nice.  I hope the next X3 has bluetooth and modular amps.

dont care for bluetooth, it compresses the signal so i wouldn't use that anyways, but I will be posting impressions as i bought one for the wife (but really for me and my curiosity :). )

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #9,334 of 9,972
  Bluetooth is OK for the car.

I Suppose, but for what its worth i just stick to the line out. Either one is going to be miles ahead of anything that the heavily compressed Serious/XM radio puts out for SQ. I have a plymouth roadrunner aswell that's been restored and i have a nice setup in there with two amps, dual sealed 10" subs and infinity speakers so i try to get the best source quality as the amps tend to highlight bad recordings and sources and what not. With the new X1 though, reviews say it sounds better and the price is about the same in Canada as the x1 was when released so i wouldn't personally complain that they added Bluetooth at no additional expense even if not used by me or some others.    

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #9,335 of 9,972
  I Suppose, but for what its worth i just stick to the line out. Either one is going to be miles ahead of anything that the heavily compressed Serious/XM radio puts out for SQ. I have a plymouth roadrunner aswell that's been restored and i have a nice setup in there with two amps, dual sealed 10" subs and infinity speakers so i try to get the best source quality as the amps tend to highlight bad recordings and sources and what not. With the new X1 though, reviews say it sounds better and the price is about the same in Canada as the x1 was when released so i wouldn't personally complain that they added Bluetooth at no additional expense even if not used by me or some others.    

One advantage with BT is that if the car system is integrated, then you usually have controls on the steering wheel for controlling the device. That's a lot easier and a lot safer than trying to do things with the physical device while driving.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #9,336 of 9,972

One advantage with BT is that if the car system is integrated, then you usually have controls on the steering wheel for controlling the device. That's a lot easier and a lot safer than trying to do things with the physical device while driving.

Yes thats a good point actually never thought of that. They have strict distracted driving laws here in Canada, i learned my lesson quickly when i got a $200 fine for texting at a stop light a few years ago. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #9,337 of 9,972
  dont care for bluetooth, it compresses the signal so i wouldn't use that anyways, but I will be posting impressions as i bought one for the wife (but really for me and my curiosity :). )

Very true!  But, I like the convenience of having one device for all my music needs.  If I could just have a phone case with an independent DAP and AMP, but we have a bunch of limitations in order to accomplish that (fiio, if you're listening, make a phone).  In the car, or a friends, just connect via bluetooth for the trip and then also use it for my main gear. I would love that.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #9,338 of 9,972
  Yes thats a good point actually never thought of that. They have strict distracted driving laws here in Canada, i learned my lesson quickly when i got a $200 fine for texting at a stop light a few years ago. 

In The Netherlands the fine is €230 / $240 / 322 CAD the same as driving though a red light. Insane fines and still people do it 
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #9,339 of 9,972

Very true!  But, I like the convenience of having one device for all my music needs.  If I could just have a phone case with an independent DAP and AMP, but we have a bunch of limitations in order to accomplish that (fiio, if you're listening, make a phone).  In the car, or a friends, just connect via bluetooth for the trip and then also use it for my main gear. I would love that.

Funny maybe i just need to get over this pet peeve of bluetooth. I have a network attached storage device (NAS) streaming via DLNA in the living room, shown my wife how to use it on the harmon karden receiver which is a +$1000 setup in the living room yet she still uses bluetooth, lol. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #9,341 of 9,972

In the UK, you need BT in order to use your phone hands free. They are strict here as well. So BT means you can control your device without needing to touch it.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #9,342 of 9,972

What are you trying to do? 

*Might be able to help you out! 

I was trying to share information about what I figured out, that's all. But in the mean time, I found another goal: trying to enlarge the 169 pixel vertical space between top bar and progress bar. There are several pixels to be gained without clashing with actual visual elements. The 23 top rows seem to be absolutely unreachable, and the bottom 48 rows always shaded (which is not good enough for me). Help!

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #9,343 of 9,972
  it's also simpler when you just use a single folder.jpg

Thank you! Didn't realise its potential - also for leaving out the artwork, as I was doing before. In addition, Mp3tag makes it really easy to move the cover art into files, without creating duplicate files for album art repeated in each track.

I've written my command-line code in Go on GItHub (fiio_cover_to_folder.go) but haven't documented anything yet.

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #9,344 of 9,972

I was trying to share information about what I figured out, that's all. But in the mean time, I found another goal: trying to enlarge the 169 pixel vertical space between top bar and progress bar. There are several pixels to be gained without clashing with actual visual elements. The 23 top rows seem to be absolutely unreachable, and the bottom 48 rows always shaded (which is not good enough for me). Help!

The shade isnn't like it was on the old X5? 

Like, it should be a PNG image, as long as you don't change it's size, you can just transform it to an empty image, or at least this worked on X5.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back