The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Oct 20, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #9,002 of 9,972
actually, did FiiO ever mentioned if only their x7 will have streaming functions or lets persay the x3 3rd gen may have it. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #9,003 of 9,972
First time posting! I've really enjoyed sorting through the head-fi forums and am REALLY digging my x3II. Sounds like Fiio is a pretty cool company as well. 

I'm a lastFM user and was wondering if there's a way to get the x3II to scrobble with lastFM. I'm assuming because fw 2.0 generates a "recently played" playlist that it is somehow keeping track of play-counts, so maybe the functionality is there? Does anyone know?

Also, I'm hoping someone will have suggestions for good IEMs that are relatively budget-friendly (not > $150) paired with x3II. My sound preferences tend towards slightly warmer and bassier (not overpowering vibrations, just that sort of subliminal weight) profiles with a bit of crispiness and crunchiness if that makes sense. IEMs I have on-hand are Bose SoundTrue Ultra, V-Moda Remix and Moshi Mythro and they just don't sound great with what I know the x3II is capable of. My comparison here is with Audio-Technica ATH-m50x which are the most "high-end" headphones I have personally ever been able to afford/test but for portability, I'd like to have a great pair of IEMs.

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #9,004 of 9,972
  First time posting! I've really enjoyed sorting through the head-fi forums and am REALLY digging my x3II. Sounds like Fiio is a pretty cool company as well. 

I'm a lastFM user and was wondering if there's a way to get the x3II to scrobble with lastFM. I'm assuming because fw 2.0 generates a "recently played" playlist that it is somehow keeping track of play-counts, so maybe the functionality is there? Does anyone know?

Also, I'm hoping someone will have suggestions for good IEMs that are relatively budget-friendly (not > $150) paired with x3II. My sound preferences tend towards slightly warmer and bassier (not overpowering vibrations, just that sort of subliminal weight) profiles with a bit of crispiness and crunchiness if that makes sense. IEMs I have on-hand are Bose SoundTrue Ultra, V-Moda Remix and Moshi Mythro and they just don't sound great with what I know the x3II is capable of. My comparison here is with Audio-Technica ATH-m50x which are the most "high-end" headphones I have personally ever been able to afford/test but for portability, I'd like to have a great pair of IEMs.

If you like the m50x, you could try the IM-50 as well, apparently they have similar sound signatures, and are the in-ear versions of the m50x.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #9,007 of 9,972
Does this device sound about the same or worst when used as an usb dac?

There's a thread on the fiio forum discussing why, in particular circumstances, it actually sounds better as DAC than when playing on its own. There is no answer, it's a mystery.

the firmware update process starts before any of the customisation gets on stage.

That's misleading. The initial logo displayed before even the firmware update begins, depends on the previously installed firmware version. That graphic must be in the sys.bin file packed in the firmware file. If Fiio didn't make sure that binary is securely signed, and didn't implement a fallback mechanism, and if there is a way to block the boot process at all, then I guess one could brick the player with a dirty firmware.

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #9,008 of 9,972

Thank you for your kind words.

Also, I didn't like the mess of files I had built up from the various versions, so I finally wrote the script code to apply the 2.0 theme in the 1.4 format (FiiO renamed and moved some files for the better in 2.0).

So now my 1.4 firmware has the same themes 1 and 2 as in the 2.0 firmware. Themes 3, 4 and 5 are what themes 2, 3 and 4 used to be in 1.4, i.e. multi-coloured themes with fish, pacman, and ugly palm tree respectively. Now I kind of like those fish again...

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #9,015 of 9,972
  Another newbie question coming your way: I'm messing with the EQ and the sound doesn't seem to change; what do I need to do?
(Yeah I plugged the headphones on the left)

Hi, gabri313
You are changing the EQ when playing music in X3II but the sound without change, right? 
If the sampling rate of the songs is higher than 48kHz, we have set the equalizer to invalid since EQ adjustment for high sampling rate songs would sometimes cause system delay.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back