The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Oct 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #8,947 of 9,972
Well, since they have frozen the firmware on the X3 II  I think it is a good bet that a X3 III is under development.

Best guess on my part is that the biggest new feature will be Bluetooth.

Now if I could dream FIIO could throw in two regular SD card slots instead of MicroSDXC.   Then I would not even care about the loss of OTG.

The biggest wish list on my part is that FIIO could purchase a Shanling M2 and study its music signature.  Somehow Shanling added an open sound quality to their X3 competitor that is worth trying to match or beat.  Don't get me wrong.  I really like FIIO.  I just like it when vendors try to up their game when they can.

Agreed! No need for SDXC cardslots... I'm using it only on my Nikon! ... I think 2 regular, standard SD card slots will be, imo tooo huge for a so small dap.
2 regular microSD card slots will be welcome instead!

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #8,948 of 9,972

Well, since they have frozen the firmware on the X3 II  I think it is a good bet that a X3 III is under development.

Best guess on my part is that the biggest new feature will be Bluetooth.

Now if I could dream FIIO could throw in two regular SD card slots instead of MicroSDXC.   Then I would not even care about the loss of OTG.

The biggest wish list on my part is that FIIO could purchase a Shanling M2 and study its music signature.  Somehow Shanling added an open sound quality to their X3 competitor that is worth trying to match or beat.  Don't get me wrong.  I really like FIIO.  I just like it when vendors try to up their game when they can.

If the T3 ever becomes a reality, it's supposed to have two SD card slots instead of micro card slots.  

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #8,949 of 9,972
If the T3 ever becomes a reality, it's supposed to have two SD card slots instead of micro card slots.  

T3 !?!

If you refering to new X3ii, it's a small dap, and in this regards, 2 microSD card slots will be more appropriate than standard SD slots! IMO

Just buy an SD to micrcoSD usb adaptor for more convenient... like i do! Have many kind of OTG cable converter/adaptors.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #8,950 of 9,972
James had stated in this thread somewhere, the policy to bring a new DAP would after 18-24 months. They have their hands full with Fiio Q5, new amp modules, F1 and F3 IEMs. And to consider additional changes required with the on going discussion about MFI chipset, I don't think a new DAP would arrive before the later half of 2017. Your thoughts?

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #8,951 of 9,972
Let hope it as good as how x3ii triumph over old x3, at very least just release something better than ak100ii or dx80.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #8,952 of 9,972
T3 !?!

If you refering to new X3ii, it's a small dap, and in this regards, 2 microSD card slots will be more appropriate than standard SD slots! IMO

Just buy an SD to micrcoSD usb adaptor for more convenient... like i do! Have many kind of OTG cable converter/adaptors.

I know what an X3II is, I own one.

T3 is something completely different: http://www.head-fi.org/t/799227/the-upcoming-fiio-t3-dual-sd-slot-3-2-inch-full-touch-screen-optical-coaxial-usb-digital-output-slim-design-apt-x-type-c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back