The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 30, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #7,021 of 9,972
Yes I did get the e12a and X2 and I love the combination! It's the best sounding setup I've ever had. Fantastic for my at home listening which is what I wanted it for and I couldn't be more pleased :)
Sory, am maybe confused! what X2 are ? Is FiiO have release a new X2 DAP? After the X1 they release the X3 no X2...Are yoy talking about IEM ?

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #7,022 of 9,972
I'm going to post this here since not many people visit the beta firmware thread in hopes someone can help.

Well I had a major issue with new beta 1.44 firmware.  After installing it I tried to manually scan my media library and it failed.  It just froze at the spinning circle.  So I thought maybe my cards bad so I tried several others and nothing worked.  Next I thought maybe my download of the firmware got corrupted so I downloaded it again but to no avail.  

Went back to 1.4 and everything is working as it should.

Anyone else run into this problem?  Or any ideas what else I should try?

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #7,024 of 9,972
I am sure this been asked before, but the pages here are a bit hard to go through all now.  I had bought for my Fiio X 3 first generation a much better protection, leather case from Tuf tuf I think the brand is called. Cannot find one for the ii. Somebody see some options?
DIGNIS Leather case.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #7,025 of 9,972
I'm going to post this here since not many people visit the beta firmware thread in hopes someone can help.

Well I had a major issue with new beta 1.44 firmware.  After installing it I tried to manually scan my media library and it failed.  It just froze at the spinning circle.  So I thought maybe my cards bad so I tried several others and nothing worked.  Next I thought maybe my download of the firmware got corrupted so I downloaded it again but to no avail.  

Went back to 1.4 and everything is working as it should.

Anyone else run into this problem?  Or any ideas what else I should try?

Have you tried using the new feature in 1.44 beta. Use the setting in the system settings menu to reset the media library.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #7,026 of 9,972
New Beta!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/770863/official-x3-2nd-gen-beta-firmware-thread-fw1-44-library-search-replaygain-high-speed-usb-dop-d2p#post_11671525

X3 2nd gen FW1.44 (2016-01-30)

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.44beta compared to FW1.4:

15. USB OTG function (which had never been compatible with many USB devices) has been disabled to improve device detection in storage and DAC modes by the computer;

Oh no, I got a kingston pendrive with micro usb specially to be used with my Fiio. It has my classical music collection (the micro sd card holds my "popular" music collection). Quite a bummer :frowning2:

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #7,028 of 9,972
  Nice to see some major upgrades. Too bad us gen 1 users are SoL
frown.gif

Time to upgrade to the X3ii?
rolleyes.gif
I was reading some posts on the Shanling m2 thread awhile back and I thought you were close to buying one of those..

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #7,029 of 9,972

Time to upgrade to the X3ii?
rolleyes.gif
I was reading some posts on the Shanling m2 thread awhile back and I thought you were close to buying one of those..

If I was going to get another Fiio product I'd jump to the X5. If I was going to stay in the X3 range I wouldn't mind checking out what the competition can do, that m2 does seem like a nice product. Was also thinking about a Cayin n5, but those things are ~$500 now that the exchange rate has tanked. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #7,030 of 9,972
  If I was going to get another Fiio product I'd jump to the X5. If I was going to stay in the X3 range I wouldn't mind checking out what the competition can do, that m2 does seem like a nice product. Was also thinking about a Cayin n5, but those things are ~$500 now that the exchange rate has tanked. 

Yeah the low dollar has really got the price of imported goods jacked up. The X3ii now costs around $300 plus tax most places where you can buy it here. I don't think the m2 is sold in Canada but it was selling for about $250 USD so factor in the exchange rate and import charges you're looking at $350 CDN at least.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #7,031 of 9,972
  Yeah the low dollar has really got the price of imported goods jacked up. The X3ii now costs around $300 plus tax most places where you can buy it here. I don't think the m2 is sold in Canada but it was selling for about $250 USD so factor in the exchange rate and import charges you're looking at $350 CDN at least.

The X3ii was always more expensive here than in the rest of the world. Its almost like Fiio had a magic crystal ball and anticipated the dollarettes. It was mentioned that the M2 were supposed to hit the Canadian market by mid Jan, but I still haven't seen anybody selling them yet. That's the nice thing about Fiio (and one of the reasons I bought my gen 1), they have a good dealer network here.
I suppose if I stumbled across a good sale on the X3ii, I'd probably get one.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #7,032 of 9,972
Totally worth it Mr Trev.  X3ii is still the best value proposition in the whole line-up IMO.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #7,034 of 9,972
The latest update really does make it a fair bit more attractive. Honestly, I wasn't expecting Fiio to add more features to these devices. Kinda makes you wonder what else they have up their sleeves:wink_face:

Be nice if they worked on a few features with the M2, think it would pull a few more away from X-Duo. Not that I have anything against X-Duo I just think the M2 could have offered better UI if not so rushed to market. In turn selling a lot more. Not sure about XD-X2 but you have to hold the M2 to really appreciate it's design and build:grinning:

As far as the X3ii, it is my best DAP as far as SQ:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back