The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #6,992 of 9,972
  You could try switching the eq on, and lowering every thing to min. Should drop the level a bit - at least it works for the gen 1

Yes with the eq turned on, the X3ii volume will drop by about 6db.

Wow. It worked... That's weird and disturbing! Can you tell me what happened? If I just turn on the EQ on "Custom" but don't raise or lower any of the values, has the line out still been changed? 

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #6,993 of 9,972

Wow. It worked... That's weird and disturbing! Can you tell me what happened? If I just turn on the EQ on "Custom" but don't raise or lower any of the values, has the line out still been changed? 

Well what I've read is that Fiio designed the eq sound to drop when turned on to avoid clipping. So if people don't like the sound drop all you have to do is turn the sound up...I've read a number of comments from people who don't like the drop in sound level but it works for you :) As far as I know the line out hasn't been changed just by turning on the eq.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #6,996 of 9,972
Since I'm a bit cheap (lol), I bought Brainwavz S0, S1 and Dunu detonator (on sale). So far, I've tried the S0 with my FiiioX3II but I'm not impressed.

So far, I still prefer the sound of the device with my old Brainwavz M1 and the VE Monk I recently got (but since the Minks are buds, I won't use them outdoor).

I'll keep searching to get the perfect match.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #6,997 of 9,972
I am sure this been asked before, but the pages here are a bit hard to go through all now.  I had bought for my Fiio X 3 first generation a much better protection, leather case from Tuf tuf I think the brand is called. Cannot find one for the ii. Somebody see some options?

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #6,999 of 9,972
hi all
how can i connect my mojo to fiio x3 k with coax cable?

Read the third post in the Mojo thread and you'll find all sorts of answers. :wink_face:

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #7,001 of 9,972
It took me awhile but I really enjoy this DAP a lot. When paired with my 400i using my little Nobsound hybrid amp the SQ is outstanding, especially knowing the whole setup only cost me around $500 when I add it up.

My Sony Z7 sounds the best straight from the headphone out because its quite a sensitive headphone, plus it being a darker headphone I don't like the added warmth of the tubes from the amp.

For a DAP that you can get for under $200 its a lot of bang for your buck that's for sure.

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #7,002 of 9,972
Hello guys,

I found some good deal and want to buy X3 ii. but i saw that on the rear the words written twice

here is the pic of the player i want to buy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rwf6gtc0jhvxij/fiio.jpg?dl=0

Can it be fake or it's okay?

I've searched but didn't found any similar X3ii

Please help me ,

thanks

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #7,003 of 9,972
I had to send the lovely Chord Mojo back on its tour.  So I decided to use the FIIO X3 Gen II as my DAC at work, at least for now.  Currently am very much enjoying it as a DAC.  It does play 24 - 196 and DSD files quite nicely. 

As noted above by some others, this remains an outstanding audio bargain.

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #7,004 of 9,972
Hello guys i found X3 ii with good price.

The only problem is that on the rear panel i see the words engraved twice.

The seller saying that there is no plastic protector. May he didn't noticed it or maybe it is fake?
please help me.

here is the pic of player

thanks

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #7,005 of 9,972
Hello guys i found X3 ii with good price.

The only problem is that on the rear panel i see the words engraved twice.

The seller saying that there is no plastic protector. May he didn't noticed it or maybe it is fake?
please help me.

here is the pic of player

thanks

Looks legit. Mine is the same. Purchased it from an authorized dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back