The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 25, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #6,978 of 9,972
Anyone else hating their screen in daylight?

Me 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #6,980 of 9,972
I'm done with it. As soon as the DP-X1 arrives next week she's off on the classifieds. Decent transport for Mojo but the screen is useless unless you're a vampire that I'm not. Quite a bummer considering Dracula's father castle is right at the edge of my hometown...

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #6,981 of 9,972
I've just bought the X3 2nd Gen and have used it for 3 days now. I currently use it with my M100 and SE215. I'm loving my current set-up and don't see myself changing it up anytime soon. However, I'd appreciate it if any of you could give me suggestions on how to upgrade my set-up from here (future upgrades i.e. amps or headphones or anything else) to improve my listening experience.
Also, is there any way I can re-arrange the order of the songs in my playlist I created?

I think an amp such as Fiio E12 / E12A would definitely give the x3ii a boost :) I was previously using an SE215 but upgraded to an In Ear SD-2 and loved the combi even more.

Any audio shops near your area to audition amps / headphones / in ears?

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #6,982 of 9,972
I think an amp such as Fiio E12 / E12A would definitely give the x3ii a boost :) I was previously using an SE215 but upgraded to an In Ear SD-2 and loved the combi even more.

Any audio shops near your area to audition amps / headphones / in ears?

Thanks for the input, but in what way would it boost the X3ii?
Also, there's a shop near my area where I can audition amps / headphones / in ears. Perhaps I should give the SD-2 a try.
Cheers.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #6,984 of 9,972
The e12a has a hardware bass boost which is not present in the X3 gen2.

I get the fact that this is a "Hi-Res" player.. So theoretically, we are all listening to Hi-Res files 24b.. But for the most part.. 90% of my collection is 16/44 FLAC or lower.. I have only recently started collecting 24 bit resolution files..
My point in stating that, the X3ii has an EQ, that can alter the sound to his/her liking.
The real reason to recommend getting the E12A is the altering of the soundstage for the better, and cleaner power to have a lower noise floor. Trust me, bass boost is nice and it's in the sub-bass region; Which is perfect for my personal tastes.. But sadly, not everyone has my tastes of bass.. Lol.. I own the E12A, I love the E12A.. I recommend it to everyone that primarily uses IEMs as I do.
By the way, ngs428, this whole reply was not an attack on you.. Please do not take it as such.. I simply wanted to add to your statement as to why to buy the E12A.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #6,985 of 9,972
I get the fact that this is a "Hi-Res" player.. So theoretically, we are all listening to Hi-Res files 24b.. But for the most part.. 90% of my collection is 16/44 FLAC or lower.. I have only recently started collecting 24 bit resolution files..
My point in stating that, the X3ii has an EQ, that can alter the sound to his/her liking.
The real reason to recommend getting the E12A is the altering of the soundstage for the better, and cleaner power to have a lower noise floor. Trust me, bass boost is nice and it's in the sub-bass region; Which is perfect for my personal tastes.. But sadly, not everyone has my tastes of bass.. Lol.. I own the E12A, I love the E12A.. I recommend it to everyone that primarily uses IEMs as I do.
By the way, ngs428, this whole reply was not an attack on you.. Please do not take it as such.. I simply wanted to add to your statement as to why to buy the E12A.

No problem. Actually listening to my e12a/x3gen2 stack now with my X2. I was going to mention that the e12a seems to open up the sound. I am not too good at describing, but I think you nailed it. And works well with my Fiio EX1 too.

By the way bruce1967 did you get your e12a and X2? Impressions?

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #6,986 of 9,972
Yep, sounds about right. You know what I did to solve my X3K issue? Sold It and got an iBasso DX90! Sound quality blows the X1 and X3K out of the water.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not the easiest answer I know but it fixed all the issues I was having.

See? It is perfectly alright to let your ears decide to whom to open your wallet for :)  

I have mostly Fiio products with me and I enjoy them mostly.  What I am planning to do with my X3K is to add the Mojo to it. The X7 is a fine product from what the reviewers have shared so far. Sadly, back here, the X7 is priced very close to the Mojo. I am not yet prepared to step up to that price range for a DAP.

Enjoy your new toy!

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #6,987 of 9,972
No problem. Actually listening to my e12a/x3gen2 stack now with my X2. I was going to mention that the e12a seems to open up the sound. I am not too good at describing, but I think you nailed it. And works well with my Fiio EX1 too.

By the way @bruce1967 did you get your e12a and X2? Impressions?

Yes I did get the e12a and X2 and I love the combination! It's the best sounding setup I've ever had. Fantastic for my at home listening which is what I wanted it for and I couldn't be more pleased :)

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #6,988 of 9,972
  Yes I did get the e12a and X2 and I love the combination! It's the best sounding setup I've ever had. Fantastic for my at home listening which is what I wanted it for and I couldn't be more pleased :)

Agreed, they do make for a sweet combo.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #6,989 of 9,972
Quick Question: I'm pairing this right now with a Ray Samuels Hornet. But with the Noble 4, even low gain is too loud; I think its probably just this specific iem. Is there anything I can adjust via line out output on the Fiio X3ii to lower the volume of the amp. Hope that isn't a crazy question... 

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #6,990 of 9,972
  Quick Question: I'm pairing this right now with a Ray Samuels Hornet. But with the Noble 4, even low gain is too loud; I think its probably just this specific iem. Is there anything I can adjust via line out output on the Fiio X3ii to lower the volume of the amp. Hope that isn't a crazy question... 

You could try switching the eq on, and lowering every thing to min. Should drop the level a bit - at least it works for the gen 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back