The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,361 of 9,972
  How does your Picollo and O2 compare to your 12A and also paired with your X3ii?

I also see you have sold your Shure SE215 which someone recommended to me and I would be interested to get your views on it?

Thanks LM

Have been on a course the last little while and am yet to do any serious comparing of the three amps. O2 is a very recent addition to my collection, so haven't really had much chance to give it a workout. My brief impressions are that Picollo is a touch warmer and less powerful than the E12A, and O2 a bit less clean. Only the E12A has bass boost. I did touch on the pairing of the X3ii with E12A and Picollo in my X3ii review (see link in my sig).

I sold the SE215 after getting the RHA MA750. The SE215, to my ears, suffered from too bloated bass and not enough treble. The MA750 still has an excellent bass signature, but better defined, clearer mids and highs. When I got them the SE215s got relegated to bottom of my heap, so I let them go.

May 11, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #3,362 of 9,972

Have been on a course the last little while and am yet to do any serious comparing of the three amps. O2 is a very recent addition to my collection, so haven't really had much chance to give it a workout. My brief impressions are that Picollo is a touch warmer and less powerful than the E12A, and O2 a bit less clean. Only the E12A has bass boost. I did touch on the pairing of the X3ii with E12A and Picollo in my X3ii review (see link in my sig).

I sold the SE215 after getting the RHA MA750. The SE215, to my ears, suffered from too bloated bass and not enough treble. The MA750 still has an excellent bass signature, but better defined, clearer mids and highs. When I got them the SE215s got relegated to bottom of my heap, so I let them go.

I love the MA750s! Excellent IEM. Before those I preferred to listen with the cable straight down but now I much prefer over the ear..not that you have a choice with the MA750...

May 11, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #3,363 of 9,972
Hi
I just buy x3 2nd G & i need headphone with flat sound(for classical & rock) i choose HD 598 Is it good or not?
Can x3k drive it well?

I have the 598's & really like the way they & the X3ii play together. I wasn't quite as thrilled with them when I first started using the X3 but when I started messing with the settings & went from the default "Low" to "High" the phones seemed to really blossom. I was going to use the term explode instead but figured that would have unintended, worrisome implications!!

May 11, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #3,364 of 9,972
Hello. I accidentally blew up the DAC in my Sansa Clip a few days ago while wiring a USB port in my car. Talk about timing. I am fortunate to live close to a place that carrys Fiio products and while I did have to overpay a bit I got an X3II on the same day. I quite like it and I'm suffering from "you cannot just buy one piece of audio equipment"-itus. Anyway, there are a few things that I have as yet been unable to figure out. I was hoping that somebody with prior experience of Fiio products may be able to help.

1. Is it possible to make the player include external playlists under the actual playlist heading? I have succesfully made lists that work if I select them manually from the folder structure, but they do not appear in the official collection.

2.What is the "Resume mode"? I get that it indicates whether it should resume the same song from the start or from a given position, but under what circumstances is it "resuming"?

3. What are "default volume" and "fixed volume setting"?

Thanks!

1. No. External playlists can only be used in browse mode.

May 11, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #3,365 of 9,972
Thanx for the heads up Light-man. Its not so much that the line out voltage is too high, but rather I have no means to lower it via the device. The Linear pre-amp automatically takes whatever gain is given to it, and regulates it with its own volume knob. Reaching over to the passenger side of the dash to constantly adjust it however, is out of the question.

I guess I'm wanting my cake and eat it too. Im going to look and see how "user friendly" the Hidizs is. The reason why I was leaning so heavy on the Fiio, is due to the click wheel for obvious reasons. With the Ipod, I can blindly navigate (and control volume) while driving. "Blindly" being the essence of the whole idea.

The clicks don't correspond to anything in the navigation. They are just mechanical feedback to wheel rotation, nothing more.

May 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #3,366 of 9,972
Well..Hmm...I was at least under the impression the click wheel navigates songs? What's it there for anyway?

I guess the point is moot, because I ordered one this morning anyway(along with a Ray Samuels Predator).

May 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #3,367 of 9,972
  Well..Hmm...I was at least under the impression the click wheel navigates songs? What's it there for anyway?

I guess the point is moot, because I ordered one this morning anyway(along with a Ray Samuels Predator).

The wheel is for navitaing through menus.

As far as i know you have buttons under the wheel for navigating through songs
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #3,368 of 9,972
I dunno, part of the potentiometer mechanical mechanism?

May 11, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #3,369 of 9,972
Thanx. I should be watching more Youtube vids I guess. That makes sense..

May 11, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #3,371 of 9,972
Anyone else using the X3 and USB DAC feature under Windows 8.1?

I plugged in my X3 into my laptop, it says it installed the device drivers but it is not showing under my play back device..

[EDIT]

Seems it shows in device manager as USB Composite device and unable to start..

[EDIT]

Found this
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39964&page=1&extra=#pid105428

2nd Gen USB driver link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcuoi0p2jt8062t/X3%202nd%20gen%20USB%20audio%20driver%20for%20windows%20v1.61.zip?dl=0

[EDIT]

Tried to install that, says installation failed. Device still showing as compostite USB device that can not start.

USB Audio Class driver control panel shows no device connected.

Tried all 3 USB ports on my laptop with no go :frowning2:

May 11, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #3,372 of 9,972
There is a thread with instructions for installing the USB drivers with Windows 8.1 for the original X3.  The drivers may have changed but the general convoluted way of installing unsigned drivers most likely still applies.  Getting windows 8.1 drivers to work is not straightfoward; it involves some nearly hidden menus in the repair and restore subsystem.

May 11, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #3,373 of 9,972
Sorry for the LQ pics, lighting was horrible and via my cell phone. 

Got the Dignis case in today.  It's a really nice case and feel great, you can tell it's quality made.  Only wish was for some type of top protection, but much better than the dust collector that the X3 came with.

May 11, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #3,375 of 9,972
Emze,
Great choice for the Dignis case. Love the feel of it. Brown was a good choice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back