The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 1, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,986 of 9,972
Hi, I still have the problem of volume drop when I use the X3II as DAC and connect to the hp out. Using my iems and X3 standalone, I get good listening levels at around 30-40 but when using as DAC, I need to go up to 50-60 to get decent volume. Anyone else experiencing this? 
frown.gif

May 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #2,989 of 9,972
I currently own the X1 and mostly use LineOut to connect to car stereo and home stereo. I am looking to get the X3ii. Is it worth the upgrade if I mostly will be using its LineOut?

Are you happy with your X3 via LO? Do you need DSD decoding? Answers to those questions should should help.

May 1, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #2,990 of 9,972
Are you happy with your X3 via LO? Do you need DSD decoding? Answers to those questions should should help.

I am interested in gaining improved sound quality. It is hard to tell from reading reviews how much of the sound quality improvement is from the new DAC or from the new amp utilized in the X3ii. By mainly using LineOut I would only gain improvement over the X1 DAC. That is what I mean by asking if it is worth upgrading. Hope that makes sense.

May 2, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #2,991 of 9,972
I've been looking at the Dignis cases for the X3ii and was wondering if anyone have seen the colors up close. I am leaning towards the brown but considering the burgundy...any one have yet? Just looking to see if the colors are more vibrant than what the pictures provide...

Got my Dignis case in the mail today.

May 2, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,992 of 9,972
I am interested in gaining improved sound quality. It is hard to tell from reading reviews how much of the sound quality improvement is from the new DAC or from the new amp utilized in the X3ii. By mainly using LineOut I would only gain improvement over the X1 DAC. That is what I mean by asking if it is worth upgrading. Hope that makes sense.

Oops. I meant are you happy with with the sound via LO from your X1? If so and you're not really using the HO, I wouldn't bother upgrading right now if you're happy with the sound you're getting. Enjoy your X1 and wait awhile before you worry about succumbing to upgraditis :wink_face:

May 2, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #2,994 of 9,972
Yes, I understand where you're coming from. I just want to be more vocal about the issue so that FiiO would take action. It's been a couple of years already and I believe it's about time that they fix it.

Sorry if I sounded dismissive of your suggestion, but I'm not. The X3 hits the sweet spot for most consumers wanting better sound; it would be a shame if the X3's excellent hardware is dragged down by its subpar software.

Thanks! Cheers to great music! :beerchug:  

Well the X1 has been out how many months now? And they haven't fixed the metatag song limit yet so I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix anytime soon.

May 2, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #2,996 of 9,972
Well the X1 has been out how many months now? And they haven't fixed the metatag song limit yet so I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix anytime soon.

I've already learned that when I got the original X3 more than a year ago.
biggrin.gif

If FiiO could just open source even just the UI part (and move the hardware-specific bits to a binary blob), the X3 would become an unbeatable beast for the price. There are many creative people who could design excellent software worthy of the X3's hardware. This would take modding to a whole new level. 
tongue.gif

May 2, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #2,999 of 9,972

It is definitely worth the upgrade...It's rare to see a new model improve in every category over the previous....and keep the same price...you will not be disappointed.

May 2, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #3,000 of 9,972
  I've already learned that when I got the original X3 more than a year ago.
biggrin.gif

If FiiO could just open source even just the UI part (and move the hardware-specific bits to a binary blob), the X3 would become an unbeatable beast for the price. There are many creative people who could design excellent software worthy of the X3's hardware. This would take modding to a whole new level. 
tongue.gif

I would love to see FiiO open source the UI.  It would be great to see what the community could do with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back