The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 21, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #2,477 of 9,972
I just wanted to point out that setting up a good folder structure as suggested on the previous page or two needs to be done once, can be automated, and is not at all a "workaround". Those of us who suggested it use Folder browsing, which is an alternate and completely legitimate means to browse through our music collections. You can choose to use it and be happier, or you can choose to complain and be grumpy. Your choice people.

To make scrolling through any list faster, try holding down the FFWD / REW button while scrolling. It speeds scrolling up on the X5 and might just do the trick on the X3ii, as well. I should've tried it out when I had one for review but didn't think about it.

Holding the FFWD / REW button does work but is a little slower than using the click wheel. Maybe it would be nice if the scrolling accelerated when the buttons were held for longer.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,478 of 9,972
  http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_27001_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001&h=600&w=600&tbnid=7G1DOardVShRoM:&zoom=1&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&usg=__1DGg0ZBZg8JoewbDhavSvuci3Ns=&docid=Z3h1eU14xUCbOM

While cheap, I don't how long it would take it to get to the US from China.  Thanks for posting the link.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #2,479 of 9,972
While cheap, I don't how long it would take it to get to the US from China.  Thanks for posting the link.

you can find the same one in aliexpress too and choose adifferent shipping type. i use this because of its very short length, so it fits perfectly. i now need to cut a small hole in the silicon case and then post a pic of the final setup

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #2,480 of 9,972
  Got mine today !

man, this thing sounds amazing right out of the box and coming from ak120ii i have zero complain about it..nada

Pair this with Intruder...simply magnificent !

@james from FiiO, where can I pre order X7 ?
biggrin.gif

Maybe  the A&K is t overrated  because it is an expensive luxury product? Why you still Need amping the X3k?

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #2,481 of 9,972
That is a workaround, but it seems like one that should not be needed. Any DAP should be able to allow the user to load their music and then easily navigate through artists and albums in the primary UI and not have to rely on building folder structures to assist in library navigation. As long as the files are properly tagged, the player should do all of the organizing for you.

Digital players easily did this years ago; I find it odd that the UIs on these newer players lack, in some respects, what was standard, basic functionality close to a decade ago.

i also mentioned this in my review of the x3ii. great device, but the UI is almost unforgivable. this is my first foray into portable audio/DAPs, and i'm not very impressed UI wise. its not like we're asking for much, but usability is a big deal when you're only afforded such a small screen area to work with. i've had music players in the past and this isnt an issue. touchscreens aren't necessary, but we've become accustomed to using them, so to ask for a DAP with a usable UI isn't icing on the cake, its basically mandatory. as a linux user i can draw a parallel to this same situation; people are hesistant to switch to linux because things dont "just work". a lot of things still need to be hacked to work properly (and ive been using it for ~10 years). you cant explain to nana how to edit config files then restart X. it aint gonna happen. so for a 200$ DAP, why should we have to rename our whole library file structures just to get our expensive device to be more easily navigated? its a work-around for something that shouldnt be ass-backwards in the first place. 

now, i am willing to let this go FOR NOW, because FiiO really nailed it with this product, and UI changes can be updated at anytime via firmware, so its not make-or-break. the rest of the device is flawless in my eyes. if FiiO weren't so easy to find here on head-fi, i'd complain more, but they need to shift their attention to the UI. 5800 file limits are ridiculous to still exist in 2015. native exfat support not allowing FW updates/proper usage with that FS is ludicrous, and the UI is just plain sad. like it has been mentioned here before, decade-old media players have had better UIs back in the early 2000s, this is lame. to any FiiO reps here, please fix this, its important. exFat allows for much faster transfer speeds AND large file sizes (fat32 max is 4gb/file, DSD/SACD/iso files can be quite large). also, DAC mode is broken on ubuntu linux 14.04 with 3.16 kernel, not sure if the DAC is still class-compliant, or if its a pulseaudio issue, but it completely crashes pulse/alsa. only a restart will fix it.

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #2,483 of 9,972
I think because it kind of floats and pivot's at the center point one might think it's loose but I think that is the normal action and fitment.

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #2,485 of 9,972
Has anyone had any issues with using earphones/headphones with an inline remote? The Fiio website says the X3 is compatible with CTIA spec remotes which work with Apple devices. I have a set of Klipsch X10i's and they work with my iPod classic but not my X3, and I can't determine if they are CTIA spec. Any thoughts?

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,488 of 9,972

Can you please use the LINK function in the future? Helps keeps viewing manageable for those of browsing on mobile devices :)

Holding the FFWD / REW button does work but is a little slower than using the click wheel. Maybe it would be nice if the scrolling accelerated when the buttons were held for longer.

Would be nice if it accelerated, but that's been requested many times for X5 without movement on Fiio's part :frowning2:

Any idea why this hasn't been addressed Joe Bloggs?

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2,489 of 9,972
Is it alright to ask peoples results with different IEM's and Headphones with the X3II here? I keep hearing the X3II has an excellent amp section and does not benefit from extra amping. is this the experience of those who have received their X3II's?

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #2,490 of 9,972
  Has anyone had any issues with using earphones/headphones with an inline remote? The Fiio website says the X3 is compatible with CTIA spec remotes which work with Apple devices. I have a set of Klipsch X10i's and they work with my iPod classic but not my X3, and I can't determine if they are CTIA spec. Any thoughts?

Can someone post some examples of earbuds with with an inline remote that do work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back