The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 21, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #2,463 of 9,972
I just wanted to point out that setting up a good folder structure as suggested on the previous page or two needs to be done once, can be automated, and is not at all a "workaround". Those of us who suggested it use Folder browsing, which is an alternate and completely legitimate means to browse through our music collections. You can choose to use it and be happier, or you can choose to complain and be grumpy. Your choice people.

To make scrolling through any list faster, try holding down the FFWD / REW button while scrolling. It speeds scrolling up on the X5 and might just do the trick on the X3ii, as well. I should've tried it out when I had one for review but didn't think about it.

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #2,465 of 9,972
With FiiO DAPs it's usually a corrupt file, a file the unit doesn't recognize, or too large album art that causes issues. For best compatibility practice it's a good idea to format the card with the unit and only load music files and cover art on the player. If this is already done then it's a painful task of narrowing down what file may be causing the problem.

so even if my library has some txt or other types of files and i have loaded it to the SD card and didnt use the library update, rather the browse by files. it may still corrupt the card?

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #2,470 of 9,972
  How to get the x3 playing while charging?

Simple, connect it to a USB charger. Enjoy.

Don't connect it to a PC/Mac via USB cable because then you only have the choice between Storage or DAC mode.

Cheers,
K

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #2,471 of 9,972
so even if my library has some txt or other types of files and i have loaded it to the SD card and didnt use the library update, rather the browse by files. it may still corrupt the card?

Please read the post in context.

No, it won't corrupt the card and folder browsing will be fine if you have files the X3 doesn't recognize (more than likely). The response I gave was for the media scan halting at around 200 files. The media update is only for the categories browsing (All Songs, Album, Artist, Genre) and usually when doing the update it will hang if it finds something it doesn't recognize, or a corrupt file. At least it has for many people since the X3 1st gen was released.

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #2,473 of 9,972
Update:

Problem with swapping 256GB SD cards is solved.

one simply has to boot the x3ii with an existing SD card in the adaptor.
if one wishes to swap the card, since the adaptor is always connected, if you just change the sd cards it wont be recognized. what needed to be done is simply turn it off. insert the new card in adaptor. then turn on.
WALLA!! works like a charm. so please.. excuse me while i manage my 500gb library 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #2,474 of 9,972
  Update:

Problem with swapping 256GB SD cards is solved.

one simply has to boot the x3ii with an existing SD card in the adaptor.
if one wishes to swap the card, since the adaptor is always connected, if you just change the sd cards it wont be recognized. what needed to be done is simply turn it off. insert the new card in adaptor. then turn on.
WALLA!! works like a charm. so please.. excuse me while i manage my 500gb library
smily_headphones1.gif

what adapter are you using?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back