The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #2,403 of 9,972
Just got mine from the DHL man today. Wow, that was fast from HK to Utah! Props to Fiio and AliX for quick shipment, faster than some shipping I get in the states.

This thing is sweet! I love it, sounds awesome with my HP50s, just fantastic! I love having the 10 band EQ, but kinda miss my quick Treble/Bass EQ from my gen1. Is this something that could be added with firmware in the future? I don't find the bass lacking at all, even without EQ, but would like to be able to kick it up quickly from time to time. Other than that, this is a great DAP and worthy of the praise it is getting. It's a great upgrade!

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #2,404 of 9,972
Keep in mind that is the hand of a 6'1" 240Lb Ballerina
eek.gif
 LOL

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #2,407 of 9,972
  FYI, I have just posted my review of the FiiO X3 Gen 2. Here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/12946
cheers all
albaman

Charming and witty review Albaman, can't wait to get some hot dog files into mine and back out to my ears
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,408 of 9,972
I may be mistaken that there isn't this function already, but one other thing that would be nice would be a way to skip quickly to certain A-Z letters so you don't have to scroll through a whole list of albums or artists.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #2,409 of 9,972
  I may be mistaken that there isn't this function already, but one other thing that would be nice would be a way to skip quickly to certain A-Z letters so you don't have to scroll through a whole list of albums or artists.

I second that. I can spin the wheel pretty fast but I get the feeling that I'm going to wear it out kinda quickly doing this. Maybe this will be addressed in a future firmware upgrade? Perhaps use the skip track buttons for letter selection then the wheel for the artist/album?

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #2,410 of 9,972
  I second that. I can spin the wheel pretty fast but I get the feeling that I'm going to wear it out kinda quickly doing this. Maybe this will be addressed in a future firmware upgrade? Perhaps use the skip track buttons for letter selection then the wheel for the artist/album?

Yeah, that's a possibility. I remember my old school 30g Ipod would automatically move on to letters if you scrolled long enough. It was one of the best features it had. It would make this killer DAP even more killer and easy to use.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,411 of 9,972

This is just going to make me make more special playlist
wink_face.gif
 Besides I like all the songs inbetween or I would not have loaded them in the first place
rolleyes.gif
 LOL

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,412 of 9,972
  This is just going to make me make more special playlist
wink_face.gif
 Besides I like all the songs inbetween or I would not have loaded them in the first place
rolleyes.gif
 LOL

True, but it's a little annoying when it takes a good 20-30 seconds of continuous scrolling or button holding to get to the middle of my artists list when there is a specific "M" or similar artists I want to listen to at that moment. It's the equivalent of having to thumb through each page of a book just to get to where you left off or to find a specific reference.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #2,413 of 9,972
I do understand that frustration, what we need here is a software push
rolleyes.gif
 Hello FiiO?

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,414 of 9,972
  I do understand that frustration, what we need here is a software push
rolleyes.gif
 Hello FiiO?

But honestly, I'm not looking to just complain, I am very much loving this new DAP. It is so good! I am fully on board the X3ii hype train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back