The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #2,326 of 9,972

Old habits die hard   
wink_face.gif

this is not the answer i was expecting. they dont die! :D

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,327 of 9,972
Cool. Thanks Hak. Wouldn't the New X3ii's all ready HAVE the latest firmware installed? I know my X1 came with an upgraded version. Is it 1.2 If I remember correctly?

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,328 of 9,972
Yep.

Serves you right.

I'll tell you why.

One - it's not the manufacturers responsibility to fuifill your order, it's the reseller, that's why a manufacturer has the reseller chain. So, your beef is solely with Treoo. You don't like that, tough.

I'll tell you why it is also tough. Instead of being loyal to a local retailer, who has looked after you over a number of years, and you helping him/her keep his/her business afloat, in which in return he/she gives you exceptional service, and may even give you first option on a new product (such as a Fiio X3ii) to put one aside for you which would DEFINITELY had by now, such as what happened with me... Get what I'm saying?

You, try and get clever, and order from what I take is an overseas retailer for you, and you don't support your local business and receive below par service, serves you right. You got what was coming to you. And I'm unapologetic for that. Now you'll have to wait, while others such as myself enjoy our Fiio X3ii's

And if something does go wrong with my Fiio, I drop in, and I get help without having deal with some plank from 15,000 miles away.

I did contact Canada Computers before Fiio announced the pre-order. They did not even return my e-mail. So if local retailers don't want your business what should you do then  migasson? Enlighten me please. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #2,329 of 9,972
I did contact Canada Computers before Fiio announced the pre-order. They did not even return my e-mail. So if local retailers don't want your business what should you do then  migasson? Enlighten me please. 

Lol reality let him be. He just want us to show his badassness and show off his x3 haha. I took it as a joke anyway.

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #2,330 of 9,972
:) Based on the physical and UI similarities between the X1 and X3ii, Do they operate much the same? For example, checking to see which firmware is installed, formatting SD card, Downloading Firmware? Will a card that is Fat 32 formatted on the X1 and all ready has music files on it work in the X3ii by inserting the card and simply updating the X3ii's Library?

:) :) TWIN

Haven't used X1 but moving between X5 and X3ii was pretty seamless. Besides original X3, Fiio seems pretty intent on implementing the same UI structure across its DAPs wherever possible. If you're comfortable with X1, you'll be comfortable with X3ii.

I swap mSD cards between original X3, X5, and DX90 with absolutely no issues. I used the card I usually use in my original X3 and DX90 in the X3ii I reviewed without any issues at all. It should just be plug n play. I always stick with FAT32 for best comparability.

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #2,331 of 9,972
I should get my x3ii tomorrow. I have some questions regarding loading music on to the unit. I'm currently using Mediamonkey as my media player on my Windows PC. I have only been using it for a couple weeks but so far I like it. I want to be able to load music onto my x3 in such a way that if I had to put it all back on...I could quickly/easily. Trying to 'future-proof' this process. I ever had to re-format the card or maybe someday I'll want to upgrade to a different unit, I would have a music backup ready to go. I know I could simply drag/drop files onto it but this isn't very convenient if I want to do this over again in the future. Is it best to make a playlist that will contain all the music I just want on the x3?

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #2,332 of 9,972
  I should get my x3ii tomorrow. I have some questions regarding loading music on to the unit. I'm currently using Mediamonkey as my media player on my Windows PC. I have only been using it for a couple weeks but so far I like it. I want to be able to load music onto my x3 in such a way that if I had to put it all back on...I could quickly/easily. Trying to 'future-proof' this process. I ever had to re-format the card or maybe someday I'll want to upgrade to a different unit, I would have a music backup ready to go. I know I could simply drag/drop files onto it but this isn't very convenient if I want to do this over again in the future. Is it best to make a playlist that will contain all the music I just want on the x3?

I'm using Mediamonkey to load my new X3.  I just copy all my music to the music section. When you connect your X3 it will show up as an external drive and you can sync the music folder, playlists, etc from there. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #2,333 of 9,972
Give yourself some time with the new X3, and I bet you'll find yourself liking it more and more - especially with your V8. I imagine the two sound signatures would nicely complement each other
L3000.gif

You are correct on the sound sig complement.  It's even a better match with the Westone UMPro30 (It opens up the congestion a bit).  I can't imagine how much better some of the other DAPs are as this is the only one I have ever owned (X3 1st & 2nd Gen) and am very happy with it.  I usually attach an amp/dac so maybe that helps.  I have been eying the DX90 but I wonder how much better it is from a line-out stand point.  If anyone knows, I would appreciate your thoughts. 

Now to decide if I want to sell the 1st Gen X3. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #2,334 of 9,972
You are correct on the sound sig complement.  It's even a better match with the Westone UMPro30 (It opens up the congestion a bit).  I can't imagine how much better some of the other DAPs are as this is the only one I have ever owned (X3 1st & 2nd Gen) and am very happy with it.  I usually attach an amp/dac so maybe that helps.  I have been eying the DX90 but I wonder how much better it is from a line-out stand point.  If anyone knows, I would appreciate your thoughts. 

Now to decide if I want to sell the 1st Gen X3. 

Original X3 is a classic, so I've been holding onto it even though I've got other DAPs which are technically better. I don't typically use DX90 with an amp, since it's perfectly fine for all my HP/IEM out of HO.

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,335 of 9,972
I've been looking at the Dignis cases for the X3ii and was wondering if anyone have seen the colors up close. I am leaning towards the brown but considering the burgundy...any one have yet? Just looking to see if the colors are more vibrant than what the pictures provide...

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #2,337 of 9,972
I've been looking at the Dignis cases for the X3ii and was wondering if anyone have seen the colors up close. I am leaning towards the brown but considering the burgundy...any one have yet? Just looking to see if the colors are more vibrant than what the pictures provide...

Should be receiving one of the brown ones this week, so can't give an answer yet. @nmatheis has one of the brown cases for the X5, and he has reviewed the X3ii, so perhaps he could chip in with some thoughts?

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2,338 of 9,972
What would be the improvement of the new firmware does anyone know?

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #2,339 of 9,972
  Stumbled upon this pretty detailed review at headfonics

This is pretty good assessment.  Especially this part - "Bass heads might struggle with this one, analog old time rock lovers might feel a little alienated. Then again, welcome on-board acoustic aficionados, shredding guitar gods and Vai fans and leave the door open also while you are at it for 80’s synth because this X2 2nd Gen has pace aplenty to cope with detail and complexity that perhaps tripped up the earlier units from FiiO."

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2,340 of 9,972

I've got the brown case for my X5. I'd call it a medium-dark brown. Burgundy's not my style, and I thought black was a bit boring so brown it was. I'm glad I went with it, my X5 looks very dignified!

Now I've also got an orange case for my DX90, and that case is even better yet! Don't know why Dignis doesn't offer orange for Fiio DAPs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back