The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #2,296 of 9,972

Quote:
  Ok, here's the possible scenario:-
1. A new comer or an unknown manufacturer makes a product> It needs to reach out to the masses in order to sell> So it find (or beg) agents( reps/ distributors/ re-sellers) of the different regions to sell it's product.
2. A known manufacturer (like Fiio), will have agents( reps/ distributors/ re-sellers, whether brick and mortar or online) flocking to the manufacturer, requesting for an xxx number of units to sell.
3. Most manufacturer leave the business of selling to these agents, focusing instead on production, research, software/hardware support etc.
4. Sometimes, when a newly launched product is in demand (think iPhone), the manufacturer may not be able to fulfill the asking quantities of the agents. So an expected xxx quantities may turn out to be just xx quantities, with the remaining in back order (so may be weeks or month late). This is very common in business.
5. So the business of transaction is solely just between the respective agents and the buyers (ie. nothing to do with the manufacturer).
6. If a certain agents accumulate too many bad credit or reputation, the manufacturer may consider terminate them and re-appoint new agents.
Hope these explain.

Quote:

Take the advice of many others.  This is between you and Treoo, it has 0 to do with FiiO.  Ranting on a public forum accomplishes nothing for you besides getting the same response over and over.

@puppyfi  your point is valid and reasonable but I need to repeat again, I have gone to Treoo and they have pointed the finger at Fiio for not being to deliver the product. So I guess i'm trying go to the source for solving my problem. My last purchase of first X3 was also a bad experience but I didn't complain, but this time round, the anger kinda of stacked on. I'm trying to get Fiio to look again for new agent in my country as well. @emze I do feel bad ranting on this forum, that's why I choose to PM James instead now. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #2,297 of 9,972
blink.gif

lol

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #2,299 of 9,972
On a different subject, where product was promptly delivered.... I had about 30min to listen to the new until and it's noticeably different than the gen 1 X3. The sound is not as dark and feels open. I am not sure if I like it better than the old unit. They both have very different sound. I need to do some more listening but so far I love the new unit; The look and the sound.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #2,300 of 9,972
That is a lot of songs.

5800 songs is not a lot.

I use my X3 as my portable music player (in the office, on planes, in hotel rooms, etc). I travel a lot for work and I want to carry as many songs from my collection with me while I'm on the road - all on one card and in a single device without carrying around multiple cards. This is accomplished with most songs in 256 or 320 mp3 rips. At that bitrate I can put a lot more than 5800 tunes on a 128 gig card.

And yes, I lose a bit of sound quality with MP3 files, but its fine for a mobile player. When I am home I listen to my music on the original physical media on a proper stereo.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #2,301 of 9,972
im waiting for my x3 II to arrive should be tomorrow or Tuesday, will i benefit from pairing it with an amp the e11k?  Im using with creative aurvana live headphones and dont plan on buying anything new for a while but eventually want a good set for hard rock / metal and will look to spend about £150 / $225 (if anyone has recommendations im always looking for advice)

With all this in mind would the amp be a good purchase?

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #2,302 of 9,972
  im waiting for my x3 II to arrive should be tomorrow or Tuesday, will i benefit from pairing it with an amp the e11k?  Im using with creative aurvana live headphones and dont plan on buying anything new for a while but eventually want a good set for hard rock / metal and will look to spend about £150 / $225 (if anyone has recommendations im always looking for advice)

With all this in mind would the amp be a good purchase?

No, you do not need an amp for the CAL, X3K will do more than a fine by itself with those headphones.

Save the amp money for your next headphone upgrade.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,304 of 9,972
So a question on the 5800 song limit in the current firmware: does that limit only apply to using the artist view? In other words, will folder view still recognize all songs on the card, even if there are more than 5800?

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,305 of 9,972
How long you waited to get your X5?

Mine got delayed until after the reseller got more X5 from the 2nd production run, so it was a few weeks. Doesn't mean yours will necessarily take that long, though.

Luckily, I had another nice DAP (X3) to use in the meantime. What DAP will you be using in the meantime?

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2,306 of 9,972
Mine got delayed until after the reseller got more X5 from the 2nd production run, so it was a few weeks. Doesn't mean yours will necessarily take that long, though.

Luckily, I had another nice DAP (X3) to use in the meantime. What DAP will you be using in the meantime?

The first X3. I'm not pinning any hope anymore. FIIO seem to stop sending any unit after 15 Apr and James told me the production will start on 20 Apr again. I guess earliest is May. And treoo still gladly taking pre-orders now lol

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,307 of 9,972
This thread has shifted from product discussion to supply chain and logistics issues..

All the best threads are about econonics, yo :wink_face:

So a question on the 5800 song limit in the current firmware: does that limit only apply to using the artist view? In other words, will folder view still recognize all songs on the card, even if there are more than 5800?

You've got the right idea. Your new X3 will recognize all of your music using Folder view but only the first 5800 tracks using Categories view. I use Folder view almost exclusively on my DAPs and organize into folders like this to speed up browsing:

A-C -> Artist -> Year Album -> Songs

This makes it really easy to get to any point in the alphabet with minimal scrolling and ensures that your albums are in order by year of release.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #2,308 of 9,972
The first X3. I'm not pinning any hope anymore. FIIO seem to stop sending any unit after 15 Apr and James told me the production will start on 20 Apr again. I guess earliest is May. And treoo still gladly taking pre-orders now lol

Sounds a lot like my previous situation. Try to relax and enjoy your old X3 in the meantime :beerchug:

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,309 of 9,972

How close it sounds to X5 depends on who you are.  I think the X3ii shares a lot with the X5 - certainly as compared with the original X3 and DX90 I also own.  Others have noted that X3ii sounds closer to X1 than X5.  I haven't heard X1, so I can't comment on that. I could easily live with the X3ii in lieu of my X5 if I didn't want 2 x 128GB cards, so I can keep my music library in FLAC on the X5.

If you want a nice amp to use with your IEM, I'd recommend looking into the E12A which is most certainly a step above the original E12 as long as you're not trying to power something beastly.

EDIT: My other thought is to wait for the X5ii, which should announced and released fairly soon (next 2-3 months).  I'm betting it'll be a nice improvement over the original X5 and who know - it might even be a bit smaller 
wink_face.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
nmatheis, IF there is a HUGE difference between the E12 and E12A please let me know. I really like the Power of the E12 to drive my 701 and 702's also my Senns Hd 600 and 650's and although I'm not a true Basshead I DO enjoy the 6dB boost on some types of music. My main thing is CLARITY, (I despise distortion) if there isn't a truly noticable difference I can live with the little bit of hiss on the E12.
I'm very curious.

Thanx
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back