The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 19, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #2,281 of 9,972
I am kind of surprised by Treoo. I have never done business directly with a company from Singapore but I am surprised at the poor customer service. I was looking forward to buying more gear from them. I am a tech and I have a pile of tech friends and customers. I had a bunch of stuff on my wish list. But I won't be ordering from them again. And I can't recommend them either.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #2,282 of 9,972
He already answered you. You need to understand about the time difference, and him talking to the retailer won't magically make a unit appear. That's the risk you take by doing a pre-order online. Lesson learned. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, it happens every single time a new product is released. Either be patient and buy local or take the risk online with a new product launch. I feel your excitement but please don't have unreal expectations from James regarding your percieved delay.

And I agree with Wokei, you came across as rude and entitled.

I have contacted Treoo first become coming to James. If he finds me rude, I'm sorry. 

So both pointing finger at each other, nothing is done. 

Fine, I shut up and wait for my Fiio to magically appear infront of me.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #2,283 of 9,972
I hear you and I am not trying to beat up on anybody but I found Treoo as a recommended retailer on Fiio's website. I would never have ordered from them if I had not seen that. Fiio has to take some responsibility. I am sorry James has gone through cancer and happy for anyone who beats it. Congratulations. But this is business and money has been taken. If Treoo cannot supply the pre-orders then they have broken the contract and need to return our money.

Curious, did you get a guarantee when you would receive the product, and an agreement that a refund was available for any delays? I've never seen such an arrangement. It happens with all retailers not just Treoo. When the product sells out the people in cue need to wait for the next batch, or they simply are overwhelmed and it takes a while to get shipped. New product launches always have a limited supply, and there are no guarantees.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #2,285 of 9,972
No I take full responsibility for not reading the fine print. I impulse bought following the hype of the X3II. I have bought my previous items from North American online retailers and Amazon etc and cancellations are not an issue. I just feel kinda burned. Other companies usually don't take your money until your item has been picked for shipping. These guys had a hold of the money in about 3 hrs. I checked my bank online. The whole process has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about doing business over seas again. Lesson learned.

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2,291 of 9,972
I have contacted Treoo first become coming to James. If he finds me rude, I'm sorry. 

So both pointing finger at each other, nothing is done. 

Fine, I shut up and wait for my Fiio to magically appear infront of me.

Yep.

Serves you right.

I'll tell you why.

One - it's not the manufacturers responsibility to fuifill your order, it's the reseller, that's why a manufacturer has the reseller chain. So, your beef is solely with Treoo. You don't like that, tough.

I'll tell you why it is also tough. Instead of being loyal to a local retailer, who has looked after you over a number of years, and you helping him/her keep his/her business afloat, in which in return he/she gives you exceptional service, and may even give you first option on a new product (such as a Fiio X3ii) to put one aside for you which would DEFINITELY had by now, such as what happened with me... Get what I'm saying?

You, try and get clever, and order from what I take is an overseas retailer for you, and you don't support your local business and receive below par service, serves you right. You got what was coming to you. And I'm unapologetic for that. Now you'll have to wait, while others such as myself enjoy our Fiio X3ii's

And if something does go wrong with my Fiio, I drop in, and I get help without having deal with some plank from 15,000 miles away.

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #2,292 of 9,972
Yep.

Serves you right.

I'll tell you why.

One - it's not the manufacturers responsibility to fuifill your order, it's the reseller, that's why a manufacturer has the reseller chain. So, your beef is solely with Treoo. You don't like that, tough.

I'll tell you why it is also tough. Instead of being loyal to a local retailer, who has looked after you over a number of years, and you helping him/her keep his/her business afloat, in which in return he/she gives you exceptional service, and may even give you first option on a new product (such as a Fiio X3ii) to put one aside for you which would DEFINITELY had by now, such as what happened with me... Get what I'm saying?

You, try and get clever, and order from what I take is an overseas retailer for you, and you don't support your local business and receive below par service, serves you right. You got what was coming to you. And I'm unapologetic for that. Now you'll have to wait, while others such as myself enjoy our Fiio X3ii's

And if something does go wrong with my Fiio, I drop in, and I get help without having deal with some plank from 15,000 miles away.

What you talking? I'm from singapore and Treoo is also singapore. Get your facts right please.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #2,294 of 9,972
Ok, here's the possible scenario:-
1. A new comer or an unknown manufacturer makes a product> It needs to reach out to the masses in order to sell> So it find (or beg) agents( reps/ distributors/ re-sellers) of the different regions to sell it's product.
2. A known manufacturer (like Fiio), will have agents( reps/ distributors/ re-sellers, whether brick and mortar or online) flocking to the manufacturer, requesting for an xxx number of units to sell.
3. Most manufacturer leave the business of selling to these agents, focusing instead on production, research, software/hardware support etc.
4. Sometimes, when a newly launched product is in demand (think iPhone), the manufacturer may not be able to fulfill the asking quantities of the agents. So an expected xxx quantities may turn out to be just xx quantities, with the remaining in back order (so may be weeks or month late). This is very common in business.
5. So the business of transaction is solely just between the respective agents and the buyers (ie. nothing to do with the manufacturer).
6. If a certain agents accumulate too many bad credit or reputation, the manufacturer may consider terminate them and re-appoint new agents.
Hope these explain.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,295 of 9,972

What you talking? I'm from singapore and Treoo is also singapore. Get your facts right please.

Take the advice of many others.  This is between you and Treoo, it has 0 to do with FiiO.  Ranting on a public forum accomplishes nothing for you besides getting the same response over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back