The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Mar 18, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #1,081 of 9,972

Maybe but I was charged tax when checking out. When I order from mp4 nation I always get sent a $15 bill from FEDEX after delivery so I figure it wouldn't be worse than that.

this is the response i got from them for the above quote:

We do not handle customs' taxes as that is dependent on each country's customs regulations

This is the standard practice

As the customer receives the order, he will have to pay his country's customs directly or through the courier

The seller will not handle this

I have no idea what the headfier is talking about

Perhaps he can clear it up with you through a screenshot of the "tax" he was charged

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #1,082 of 9,972
  Not sure if it was mentioned already, but USB OTG is support and working like a charm!  Just tested with one of those usb otg microSD readers (w/micro-usb connector), went right in and selected from Browse Files -> OTG - all the files are visible and playable!

I must have skipped over reading about USB OTC in the X3II! I already feel myself starting to weaken... :wink:

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #1,083 of 9,972
Can anyone share your experience using the fiio x3ii as a USB DAC? From setup to day to day usage. Also, does anybody know if the x3ii will drive AKG K7xx series headphones well? It would be huge if it could satisfy all of my desktop and portable listening needs all by itself. I would even be able to sell my Aune T1 desktop amp/dac if it can power my akg k7xx headphones well enough.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,084 of 9,972
  this is the response i got from them for the above quote:

We do not handle customs' taxes as that is dependent on each country's customs regulations

This is the standard practice

As the customer receives the order, he will have to pay his country's customs directly or through the courier

The seller will not handle this

I have no idea what the headfier is talking about

Perhaps he can clear it up with you through a screenshot of the "tax" he was charged

Actually, looking at the receipt for the X3 II I wasn't charged any tax. Just the price plus shipping but I don't recall paying anything extra when I received the X1.Maybe there was a charge from the courier but I don't recall. All I remember is everytime I order something from mp4 nation I get a $15 bill from fedex.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #1,085 of 9,972
Can anyone share your experience using the fiio x3ii as a USB DAC? From setup to day to day usage. Also, does anybody know if the x3ii will drive AKG K7xx series headphones well? It would be huge if it could satisfy all of my desktop and portable listening needs all by itself. I would even be able to sell my Aune T1 desktop amp/dac if it can power my akg k7xx headphones well enough.

You install the driver, and it's a simple plug'n'play.  Just have to change in Setup menu from USB Storage to DAC.  That's all.  Pretty much works like an external usb soundcard with my Win7 laptop.  The sound improvement will be relative to HO quality of your laptop/PC soundcard/soundchip output, but there is nothing earth shattering and quality is no better than using something like FiiO E10k.  I know I'm a bit spoiled since I have a number of dedicated usb dacs which I can pick and choose from, but for someone who is looking to save money - X3 II support of USB DAC is a very convenient all-in-one solution since it will also allow you to play DSD files with a right setup/plugin on your computer (FiiO mentioned on windows only).

Btw, speaking of DSD playback, I'm very impressed how it's being handled natively.  Just purely on playback quality of a fast start up and no stuttering or skipping, it plays DSD files smooth as a butter :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,086 of 9,972

Actually, looking at the receipt for the X3 II I wasn't charged any tax. Just the price plus shipping but I don't recall paying anything extra when I received the X1.Maybe there was a charge from the courier but I don't recall. All I remember is everytime I order something from mp4 nation I get a $15 bill from fedex.

Fed-Ex will (almost) always charge a brokerage fee to cover customs and taxes. Other shippers leave it up to you to pay, whether you have to depends on if it get tagged at the border. Usually depends on declared value and such.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,087 of 9,972
  Fed-Ex will (almost) always charge a brokerage fee to cover customs and taxes. Other shippers leave it up to you to pay, whether you have to depends on if it get tagged at the border. Usually depends on declared value and such.

Yes, I always get charged when ordering from mp4 Nation and it's delivered by fedex but when I bought the X1 it was from Treoo and I never got charged. Just got lucky that time I guess.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,088 of 9,972

I got some IEMS from overseas delivered via Fedex. About a fortnight after Fedex delicered the package I got an invoice in the post to cover the import tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back