The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Dec 30, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #32 of 9,972

that is what we done 
L3000.gif

Yess!

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #36 of 9,972

that is what we done 
L3000.gif

Will the X3K look muck like the X1? I've seen some pictures on a Russian website claiming that the X3K will be the same size and build as the X1 but with twice the battery life and would come in black. I like the idea of the X3K having the same form factor as the X1. How soon will it be available to the public if you are able to tell us.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #37 of 9,972
Is it true that this player is around the corner? James has already posted photographs of the still quite far in time X7 but he hasn't said almost nothing about X3K... Now that my X1 has to be changed, if I knew that X3K will be available this month, I'l wait for it...

Please, could you give us an official release date?

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #38 of 9,972

Will the X3K look muck like the X1? I've seen some pictures on a Russian website claiming that the X3K will be the same size and build as the X1 but with twice the battery life and would come in black. I like the idea of the X3K having the same form factor as the X1. How soon will it be available to the public if you are able to tell us.

I doubt the size would be the same as the X1 and still be able to have twice the battery life. Battery tech hasn't advanced that much in half a year, especially if the X3K amp is as powerful as the current X3. They were probably referring to the same form factor, as in a scroll wheel and X buttons. At least that was FiiO's intention about a year ago when they mentioned the X3K, but things can always change.

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #39 of 9,972

I doubt the size would be the same as the X1 and still be able to have twice the battery life. Battery tech hasn't advanced that much in half a year, especially if the X3K amp is as powerful as the current X3. They were probably referring to the same form factor, as in a scroll wheel and X buttons. At least that was FiiO's intention about a year ago when they mentioned the X3K, but things can always change.

You're probably right about the battery size. Maybe it will be a size in between the X1 and X5 or just thicker than the X1.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #41 of 9,972
  Is it true that this player is around the corner? James has already posted photographs of the still quite far in time X7 but he hasn't said almost nothing about X3K... Now that my X1 has to be changed, if I knew that X3K will be available this month, I'l wait for it...

Please, could you give us an official release date?

Just wait for the the International Consumer Electronics Show (International CES) starting January 6th. Something might be announced about it then.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #42 of 9,972
I'm wondering if the X3K will be tuned neutralish like the X5 or will it be dark/colored like the X1 and the original X3?

Same here.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #43 of 9,972
Also I guess this is only a matter of time, but James is the X5K also planned? Can you guys do a dual Cirrus Logic DAC, one per each channel this time like the Ak120ii? Cuz that would insanely awesome.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #44 of 9,972
Hey folks,

X3k slated to hit retail stores in my home country (India) by 1st week of Feb, as confirmed by one of the national distributors. I was planning to get the X3, but will now definitely wait for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back