The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Dec 16, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #6,602 of 9,972
  Has anyone else ever experienced that when you put headphones in and out (not even just headphones, even just cables) in the headphone port, there comes 2 clicking sounds? As if they come from the inside of the device. I just restarted my X3II and it stopped doing that now.. still scary, hope I don't have a defect unit. 

It is normal, don't worry.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #6,603 of 9,972
Has anyone else ever experienced that when you put headphones in and out (not even just headphones, even just cables) in the headphone port, there comes 2 clicking sounds? As if they come from the inside of the device. I just restarted my X3II and it stopped doing that now.. still scary, hope I don't have a defect unit. 

It's just the switch relay avoiding your headphones popping when the amp turns on.
Don't worry, all systems nominal :D

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #6,606 of 9,972
It's just the switch relay avoiding your headphones popping when the amp turns on.
Don't worry, all systems nominal
biggrin.gif

Even by just leaving the headphones plugged in, I hear it every now and then, that's normal?

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #6,607 of 9,972

Even by just leaving the headphones plugged in, I hear it every now and then, that's normal?

what do you mean by "now and then"? if it's only at the start up or turn off, that's normal, otherwise, i'm not too sure everything's fine. Or, at least, mine does it only at start up/turn off

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #6,609 of 9,972
If your device is set to switch off for quick power on again, then yes it will do it when your device is paused. It doesn't only do it with a complete shut down and restart.

^^ This and also when you plug out the headphones and plug it back in and hit play when the device is in the ON state. So basically you'll heard the clicks anytime a signal is about to flow into / cut from the headphone.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #6,613 of 9,972
I have been using the e12a with my X3ii for the last few days. I am pleased with the combination and like the additional bass control. I can drive my Fidelio x2s to normal levels at about 1/3 of total volume on low gain.

I have a few accessories to get to complete the stack. But so far so good.

For comparison sake, on the x3ii I ran at about 2/3 volume, so plenty of headroom for other cans.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #6,614 of 9,972
I have been using the e12a with my X3ii for the last few days. I am pleased with the combination and like the additional bass control. I can drive my Fidelio x2s to normal levels at about 1/3 of total volume on low gain.

I have a few accessories to get to complete the stack. But so far so good.

For comparison sake, on the x3ii I ran at about 2/3 volume, so plenty of headroom for other cans.

That's really good! Full sized headphones at 1/3 volume and on low gain. I use IEMs mostly but if I want to get some headphones (and I have looked at the X2s more than once) I'll need to get an amp too...probably the same one you have. Glad to hear it's working out well for you. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #6,615 of 9,972
That's really good! Full sized headphones at 1/3 volume and on low gain. I use IEMs mostly but if I want to get some headphones (and I have looked at the X2s more than once) I'll need to get an amp too...probably the same one you have. Glad to hear it's working out well for you. :)

The 4db bass switch is not too much to be overpowering. X2 pairs well with them. Go for it Bruce, get the X2. I have yet to try my new stack with my 325e, but hope to do so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back