The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Dec 11, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #6,556 of 9,972
thanks for the fast reply mate.
Another query, I've read a lot Regarding this topic but couldn't come into a definitive answer. Are x1 and x3sg Almost indistinguishable in Term of sq? Should i buy x3sg or x1 with e07k Will give me same sq? I wonder how come two completely different chipset give such "almost same" output? :anguished:

It depends on how you listen to music.
If you use the player only with a nice earbud, it doesn't matter.
 If you use it in a car, it doesn't matter.
If you mainly use line out at home with a nice amp (or another portable amp), it might gonna matter a bit.
Also, if you wanna use it as a DAC, then it is not a question.
 I use it LO with an amp mainly at home, and I need it as a DAC as well, often. So for me X3 without a question.
It depends on what you need mate. For the same money, you can buy better DACs. But they are just DACs. X3ii is a player and a DAC. (And for the money it is awesome.)
 X1, and X3 even more has a very clear LO signal. X3 is even better. So, if you wanna include an external amp in your system, which is over £100, I would say pay for the X3ii's higher price.
If you are an earbud guy, and worry not much about amps, then go for theX1.

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #6,557 of 9,972

It depends on how you listen to music.
If you use the player only with a nice earbud, it doesn't matter.
 If you use it in a car, it doesn't matter.
If you mainly use line out at home with a nice amp (or another portable amp), it might gonna matter a bit.
Also, if you wanna use it as a DAC, then it is not a question.
 I use it LO with an amp mainly at home, and I need it as a DAC as well, often. So for me X3 without a question.
It depends on what you need mate. For the same money, you can buy better DACs. But they are just DACs. X3ii is a player and a DAC. (And for the money it is awesome.)
 X1, and X3 even more has a very clear LO signal. X3 is even better. So, if you wanna include an external amp in your system, which is over £100, I would say pay for the X3ii's higher price.
If you are an earbud guy, and worry not much about amps, then go for theX1.

"For the same money, you can buy better DACs" can you give me some examples

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #6,558 of 9,972
I can't really compare with to your current setup, but as an E07K and X3ii owner I would say the X3ii makes the E07K redundant if you are planning to use them in a DAP/AMP stack. The X3ii alone will do the volume job my E07K performs stacked with my older generation iPods and iPads.
yeah, I have thought about that also. Already the e07k has made my e06 jobless. Well, in that case i will use e07k exclusively for Cowon (and mobile) only.. :)

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #6,559 of 9,972

"For the same money, you can buy better DACs" can you give me some examples

Modi2 for example is better as a DAC in my opinion. But that is just a DAC. X3ii is a portable player with DAC function. Great bargain, very nice player with a good DAC section. But usually, if you spend the same amount of money only for one 'function', you will have better results than buying many functions.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #6,561 of 9,972
I still have some problems with this dap.

When playing an album, and pressing on the next song button, the screen lags and it shows the next song in like 5 seconds. (the song does play instantly though).

If I leave a song paused for a while and come back, white noise comes out of my headphones and the player freezes. I'll have to pull out my headphones for the player to react again. (it's not a problem with the headphones, had it with several)

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #6,564 of 9,972
  I still have some problems with this dap.

When playing an album, and pressing on the next song button, the screen lags and it shows the next song in like 5 seconds. (the song does play instantly though).

If I leave a song paused for a while and come back, white noise comes out of my headphones and the player freezes. I'll have to pull out my headphones for the player to react again. (it's not a problem with the headphones, had it with several)

Have you tried the restart button?
If you have, you might want to try to reinstall the firmware.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #6,565 of 9,972
  Have you tried the restart button?
If you have, you might want to try to reinstall the firmware.

Tried both. I'm gonna extensively listen to it again and if it happens again, I've really lost faith in fiio's daps (or daps as a whole), send it back, and just buy an amp to use with a phone. A while ago ago it even crashed and I had to reset it for it to work again.

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #6,566 of 9,972

Tried both. I'm gonna extensively listen to it again and if it happens again, I've really lost faith in fiio's daps (or daps as a whole), send it back, and just buy an amp to use with a phone. A while ago ago it even crashed and I had to reset it for it to work again.

That's funny because I have owned several DAPs and for the most part they have all worked flawlessly especially the Fiio DAPs. Absolutely no complaints. Whenever there was any kind of problem it was easily solved with a reset. For my money Fiio makes the best products out there at a very affordable price. I will never go back to using a phone for listening to music. I like have having one device that does one thing and does it extremely well and the Fiio DAPs do it perfectly.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #6,567 of 9,972
  That's funny because I have owned several DAPs and for the most part they have all worked flawlessly especially the Fiio DAPs. Absolutely no complaints. Whenever there was any kind of problem it was easily solved with a reset. For my money Fiio makes the best products out there at a very affordable price. I will never go back to using a phone for listening to music. I like have having one device that does one thing and does it extremely well and the Fiio DAPs do it perfectly.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682750/the-sad-state-of-the-so-called-audiophile-dap-market

Were you here when the x3ii just got released? and have you seen the m3 thread? "flawlessly" seems like biased fanboyism, lol.

The x3 has plagued me with bugs for a long while now. thank god the store I bought it has godly support and I can just return it.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #6,568 of 9,972
Perhaps I've been lucky. My X1 and X3II are awesome and I have no complaints. I would refer anyone to the M3 thread to see my opinion about that device. I was able to return the M3 and get my money back. Sometimes we get a bad egg that makes it through QC. I would contact FiiO or the store you got it from to see about getting an exchange or a refund if you're not happy with it.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #6,569 of 9,972

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682750/the-sad-state-of-the-so-called-audiophile-dap-market

Were you here when the x3ii just got released? and have you seen the m3 thread? "flawlessly" seems like biased fanboyism, lol.

The x3 has plagued me with bugs for a long while now. thank god the store I bought it has godly support and I can just return it.

Yes I bought an X3ii when it was first released. You know when things are mass produced there are always going to be a few duds. Maybe you should return or exchange it.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #6,570 of 9,972
At last...placed order for x3ii today.Now living through the hardest period after online purchase, waiting and checking shipping status every 2hrly :yum:
Btw, for the micro sd card,is 48MB/s reading speed enough or should I definitely go for 80MB/s ones for optimum lagfree performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back