The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 10, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #6,241 of 7,793
  Don't know if someone had posted this before but something I happened to notice while browsing through my Argos catalogue. In the UK we have a store called Argos and they have their own audio brand called Acoustic Solutions. They are selling for £139 an MP3 player with onboard 160gb flash storage but it's the looks of the device that struck me. I wonder what it's like inside and I wonder how it sounds. I thought the Fiio design was unique to Fiio.

Now I'm really deceived to see that player who look so much like my X1 and that included 160Gb of storage, how come they can copy that much ? I'm maybe better sell my X1 while I still have some money for it. But I'm also intrigue to see what will be the reviews on that player.

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #6,242 of 7,793
Well from a few reviews I have seen is that a few people said the the jog wheel fell off and it only plays MP3. Don't think it supports flac. Probably find it is quiet different internally and it's just the case that looks similar or is made by the same people.

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #6,243 of 7,793
  Well from a few reviews I have seen is that a few people said the the jog wheel fell off and it only plays MP3. Don't think it supports flac. Probably find it is quiet different internally and it's just the case that looks similar or is made by the same people.

I've just did go check on the store web site and they don't say a lot about what is inside at all, they say MP3 and Videos but beside that no info....

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #6,245 of 7,793
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

I am going to stick with mine for now ...

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #6,246 of 7,793
Same here but I might get one out of interest. It won't be as good as the X1 as the internals will be totally different I was more interested that it is a similar design to the X1 and thought the Design by Fiio was unique to them.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #6,248 of 7,793

Now I'm really deceived to see that player who look so much like my X1 and that included 160Gb of storage, how come they can copy that much ? I'm maybe better sell my X1 while I still have some money for it. But I'm also intrigue to see what will be the reviews on that player.

140 Quid for that? That is $220. The Fiio X1 is only $100 in the US. While the Fiio X1 is listed as having 11 hours of battery life and this is listed as having 18 hours, the X1 is measured playing lossless, while this is measured playing mp3 files. The X1 comes with no built in memory and a card slot, while this comes with 160GB built in. A 128GB micro SDXC card in only around $60. It is true 200GB microSDXC cards are quite expensive though. A Fiio X1 plus a 128GB card still seems like a much better deal than this though. Of course UK pricing is higher than US pricing. The Fiio X1 is 99 quid on Amazon UK, while a 128GB micro SDXC card is 52 quid there. So at 151 quid for the X! plus card, I guess the 140 quid price for this isn't so outrageous, although the X1 probably has much higher power output. If this also came with a card slot, and had the high power output of the X1, then I would be especially impressed. It seems like it doesn't have a card slot though, and I can't find the power output stats for this.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #6,249 of 7,793
  140 Quid for that? That is $220. The Fiio X1 is only $100 in the US. While the Fiio X1 is listed as having 11 hours of battery life and this is listed as having 18 hours, the X1 is measured playing lossless, while this is measured playing mp3 files. The X1 comes with no built in memory and a card slot, while this comes with 160GB built in. A 128GB micro SDXC card in only around $60. It is true 200GB microSDXC cards are quite expensive though. A Fiio X1 plus a 128GB card still seems like a much better deal than this though. Of course UK pricing is higher than US pricing. The Fiio X1 is 99 quid on Amazon UK, while a 128GB micro SDXC card is 52 quid there. So at 151 quid for the X! plus card, I guess the 140 quid price for this isn't so outrageous, although the X1 probably has much higher power output. If this also came with a card slot, and had the high power output of the X1, then I would be especially impressed. It seems like it doesn't have a card slot though, and I can't find the power output stats for this.

I did react too fast

Sep 13, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #6,251 of 7,793

I have heard an Acoustic Solutions Amp and speakers and to be honest the quality isn't that good, I would stick with the X1. It says it plays video in the catalogue description, that is an error it doesn't and also answered in one of the questions asked is the fact that it doesn't support gapless playback.

My understanding is that Fiio left the internal storage off deliberately to keep the price down knowing that people probably already had Micro SD cards that they could use. I wouldn't spend £130 on this as I know it won't be as good as the X1

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #6,252 of 7,793
Can anyone recommend a good carrying case for the X1/E11k stack? I know of the HS7 but I'd like something that can hold the stack while strapped together (I believe the HS7 would be too thin). Preferably a hard case that doesn't take up too much space. Thanks!

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #6,253 of 7,793
  Can anyone recommend a good carrying case for the X1/E11k stack? I know of the HS7 but I'd like something that can hold the stack while strapped together (I believe the HS7 would be too thin). Preferably a hard case that doesn't take up too much space. Thanks!

Dimensions according to FiiO's website:  
X1 = 96.7 mm x 57.7 mm x 14.1 mm
E11k = 91.2 mm x 56 mm x 13 mm
So the stack together would be approximately 96.7 mm x 57.7 mm x 27.1 mm

I found these two camera cases on Lunashops that the stack may be able to fit into. Dimensions are in the photo below.

However I'm thinking the dimensions may be for the outer dimensions (not what can fit inside). So you may want to buy the bigger one just in case, but I think it should fit in either of them.

Here are the links:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4031
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4080 (larger)

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #6,254 of 7,793

Dimensions according to FiiO's website:  
X1 = 96.7 mm x 57.7 mm x 14.1 mm
E11k = 91.2 mm x 56 mm x 13 mm
So the stack together would be approximately 96.7 mm x 57.7 mm x 27.1 mm

I found these two camera cases on Lunashops that the stack may be able to fit into. Dimensions are in the photo below.

However I'm thinking the dimensions may be for the outer dimensions (not what can fit inside). So you may want to buy the bigger one just in case, but I think it should fit in either of them.

Here are the links:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4031
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4080 (larger)

Thanks for your help. I'd probably go with the bigger one to be sure, I'll keep these bookmarked.

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #6,255 of 7,793
  Thanks for your help. I'd probably go with the bigger one to be sure, I'll keep these bookmarked.

Seems like it should fit into the Pelican 1010 case as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1010-Micro-Black-Clear/dp/B001CCZF6E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442185694&sr=8-1

A lot of people like these Pelican cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back