The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #6,121 of 7,793
just great 
confused_face.gif

Today my x1 suddenly stopped recognizing my 128gb sd card. 
So I ejected the card and into my computer only to show the card to be corrupted. What the hell!!
It is common for an x1 to randomly corrupt an sd card?  
I have not upgraded the firmware but will it help?
I also noticed that before failing to read, there were some clicking noise when shuffling between tracks.
Please help!! 

P.S. i aslo tried factory reset but still not reconizing card

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #6,122 of 7,793
  just great 
confused_face.gif

Today my x1 suddenly stopped recognizing my 128gb sd card. 
So I ejected the card and into my computer only to show the card to be corrupted. What the hell!!
It is common for an x1 to randomly corrupt an sd card?  
I have not upgraded the firmware but will it help?
I also noticed that before failing to read, there were some clicking noise when shuffling between tracks.
Please help!! 

P.S. i aslo tried factory reset but still not reconizing card

Have you thought for a minute that it might actually be the card rather than the X1?

For the record, I've never had an issue with any cards in the X1 since I got it .......

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #6,125 of 7,793
Please explain reasoning. Two pieces of hardware (card and X1). Why are you so certain it is the X1's fault. It could be the card failing. They can do that ....

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #6,127 of 7,793
X1 has fully replaced my trusty old (been using for last 6 years) Nokia N97 as the sleep time music machine (on loop) :)

With my kind of usage, a full charge lasts for approximately 16 hours (that's 2 nights of sleep time usage, roughly) when used in conjunction with NX1 on low gain. All my music files are either 320 kbps MP3s or 256 kbps AACs, stored in a 32 gb card.

I just wish, somehow in the next FW update there will be an option to add files on the go to the now playing list.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #6,128 of 7,793
I think it's interesting how many people here pair their X1s with NX1s. It seems to be a very common pairing here, despite that there is usually a wide variety in gear favored by Head-Fi users.

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #6,129 of 7,793
I think it's interesting how many people here pair their X1s with NX1s. It seems to be a very common pairing here, despite that there is usually a wide variety in gear favored by Head-Fi users.

I mainly use NX1 (with a sound signature close to neutral/bass light?) to tame somewhat warmish sound signature arriving out of my X1. It works pretty well for most of my IEMs (almost all of them are low impedance el-cheapos :p ).

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #6,130 of 7,793

seems like H20Fidelity has a solid fanbase.
wink_face.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #6,131 of 7,793
seems like H20Fidelity has a solid fanbase. :wink_face:

Turning up to my front door and stuff, had to call the cops a few times. :p

NX1 is a good amp, even member skamp approved as you'll see he's kindly measured NX1 for us logged in the OP of the NX1 thread. Totally understand using it to lift X1 warmth.

Get your NX1 today. :wink:

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #6,133 of 7,793
NO At least not mine, just a bag with parts

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #6,134 of 7,793

seems like H20Fidelity has a solid fanbase.
wink_face.gif

Turning up to my front door and stuff, had to call the cops a few times.
tongue.gif

NX1 is a good amp, even member skamp approved as you'll see he's kindly measured NX1 for us logged in the OP of the NX1 thread. Totally understand using it to lift X1 warmth.

Get your NX1 today.
wink.gif

hope you cope with the paparazzi mate. ^_^
 for portable amp, I kept the UHA760 and see no reason to look somewhere else for my IEMs. super low noise floor(the kind even I can't hear
cool.gif
), flat response with everything I tried, low impedance, negative gain for my super sensitive crap for easy volume control, crossfeed, no channel imbalance(I love my O2, but the lowest volumes are mostly a good +0.4db on one side). that's really most of what I wished for, so it will be hard to make me desire a new amp. maybe the same stuff with better battery, improved shielding and a pretty blonde(just the pretty blonde would do TBH).

given the price of the nx1 it's certainly a great deal if only it has low hiss and low impedance that's pretty much worth it right there. but I'm wondering if the sound isn't better straight from the X1 TBH, I see no situation outside of impedance output(what I imagine makes you see the X1 as warm?) and maybe power output for a very very short list of headphones, that would get the X1 in trouble but not the nx1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back