The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 21, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #5,747 of 7,793
Orangatan. With blue cups.
wink.gif

I'd give those headphones a name ..... Cornelius.

May 21, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #5,749 of 7,793
Don't you have the M50s?  If so I recommend trying something else.  You really don't need both.

I have the M50s with the really long 3m cable. I love them to death but I can't wear them outside as the cable is so long. I have a cable wrapper but the cable is too long for it; the cable just unwinds after I wind it up.

Also, I'm not very technical so I doubt I can perform the cable mod for it, sadly.

May 21, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #5,750 of 7,793
I have the M50s with the really long 3m cable. I love them to death but I can't wear them outside as the cable is so long. I have a cable wrapper but the cable is too long for it; the cable just unwinds after I wind it up.

Also, I'm not very technical so I doubt I can perform the cable mod for it, sadly.

Well if you need a portable the Beyerdynamic T51i is on sale for $225.  

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-T51i-Portable-Headphones-Silver/dp/B00K0PLQ9E/

May 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #5,751 of 7,793
How are folks finding the battery life on the X1? A couple of times lately it has died (run down) very quickly - almost as if it had been left on (though there were no signs of life) - Am I possibly just switching it to some kind of 'standby' mode rather than completely off, sometimes?! 

May 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #5,752 of 7,793

It's orangy tan! :wink: Not a huge fan of the natural hide color-think baseball glove.

I like the color. More tan than orange I think. :D

May 22, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #5,754 of 7,793
May 22, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #5,755 of 7,793
it's not even the problem. it's not like most DAPs usually have a 15band parametric EQ, 7sliders is already pretty good. and for jobs that need more fine tuning, you get a DAP that has android and load some crazy EQ app. 
or you do like I do, you encode the EQ in the tracks on your computer with the very perfect EQ a computer can offer and put that on a µSD.
I do that on the X1 and my sony A15 that has only 5sliders and a bass boost(now that's something you can complain about, no way to lower bass at all :'( ). that way I have a µSD for one IEM with the right EQ, and another for another IEM, and a generic one with no EQ, no crossfeed, no nothing.

so while I do very much understand that some fine tuning can require more than what the X1 provides, I think it's not realistic to ask for more on a consumer DAP. most people don't actually know what to do with all those sliders already.

May 22, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #5,756 of 7,793
A little story to share.. I had a relatively old X1 bought with fw 1.2. There was a problem where the unit would cause electronic buzzing sounds occasionally. Not liking it, I sent it in for servicing.

They managed to replicate the problem and to my surprise, they gave me a new set instead of repairing, it's not even a refurbished set. This new set is of FW1.4, with NB M422a. If you go to their Facebook, this model has a different RAM and screen as compared to my first unit.

What I noticed is that the screen seems to be higher resolution that the previous, but that's just from memory.

The scroll wheel is more responsive. I used to turn it 5 clicks only for the software to register 3. Now it's 5 for 5.

May 24, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #5,760 of 7,793
How are folks finding the battery life on the X1? A couple of times lately it has died (run down) very quickly - almost as if it had been left on (though there were no signs of life) - Am I possibly just switching it to some kind of 'standby' mode rather than completely off, sometimes?! 

I'm getting great life. I have yet to run the battery down past one bar off of full. That took about 5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back