The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 20, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #5,731 of 7,793
I'm personally looking at the blue M50xs though I'm still still not overly certain at the moment. I'm not sure if the secondary color is tan or orange. Tan, yes but I hate orange, you see.
biggrin.gif

Don't you have the M50s?  If so I recommend trying something else.  You really don't need both.

May 20, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #5,732 of 7,793
  Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

The Back Button (BB) currently takes you back to the screen you were previously on, which is annoying as hell.

Say I'm on the Now Playing screen, go to the home screen to get into the settings menu and then go back to Now Playing screen. I then want to change the album I'm listening so I naturally press BB to navigate back through the folder structure, but doing so takes me back to the browser screen, thereby forcing me to go back into the folder list and scroll all the way back down to where I was before. This is just bad design.

Changing the BB behaviour so that it always navigates backwards through the folder structure from the now playing screen is how things should work and I believe the X5 firmware got this fix months ago.

really it's fixed on the X5? that's what I call the "FIIO bug". the fact that the back button isn't a 1up in the navigation tree button(like it is on 99% of any DAPs on the planet). instead it's a back to the last stuff you had, meaning the home page anytime you changed any kind of setting.
anybody can confirm that it's solved on the X5? and if so, James or Joe plz any plan to have that working right on all DAPs soon?

May 21, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #5,733 of 7,793

really it's fixed on the X5? that's what I call the "FIIO bug". the fact that the back button isn't a 1up in the navigation tree button(like it is on 99% of any DAPs on the planet). instead it's a back to the last stuff you had, meaning the home page anytime you changed any kind of setting.
anybody can confirm that it's solved on the X5? and if so, James or Joe plz any plan to have that working right on all DAPs soon?

Going from the 2.4 firmware changelog, its has :

3. Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X5 off and back on. 

Source

May 21, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #5,734 of 7,793
\o/   !!!!!!!!
/me needs it on X1!!!!!!!!!!!

May 21, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #5,735 of 7,793
Yes, confirmed working on the X5.

May 21, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #5,736 of 7,793
Hi

Doea anyone know if the black silicone skin which came with the X1 can be purchased?

The one i have is getting a bit loose and would like to get a replacement.

Actually, there's a lack of decent cases for the X1. Got a great leather one for the x3 and x5, which allows access to all ports and had to buy this blue one with a silly plastic window for the X1. There's nothing else around.

May 21, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #5,737 of 7,793
Actually, there's a lack of decent cases for the X1. Got a great leather one for the x3 and x5, which allows access to all ports and had to buy this blue one with a silly plastic window for the X1. There's nothing else around.

I don't own it myself, but the Dignis case seems quite nice.
http://dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=70&cate_no=54&display_group=1

May 21, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #5,739 of 7,793
Thanks clee290. I have searched but that site didn't come up. I wonderhow much to get it to UK? I'll get onto translate it tonight!!

If I remember correctly, someone had to pay an additional USD$6-7 for shipping to Canada.

Either way, you'll have to send them an email for international orders and then they'll send you the final price (item + shipping).
http://dignis.co.kr/oversea.html

Edit: Yep, here it is:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/2715#post_11547365

Two people said they paid USD$6.40 for shipping (least expensive). One was getting it shipped to the Netherlands, one to Canada.

May 21, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #5,741 of 7,793
I'd like to see some different coloured silicon cases for X1. I want a clear one persoanlly.

It would allow our X1's individuality.  

May 21, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #5,743 of 7,793
sry didnt know where to post this but ive got a problem with my one week old fiio x1 :/ it doesnt boot anymore. i just listened to it and had the sleep timer on and now it doesnt react when pressing power button or plugging it in the charger or computer..  pls help D:

May 21, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #5,744 of 7,793
  sry didnt know where to post this but ive got a problem with my one week old fiio x1 :/ it doesnt boot anymore. i just listened to it and had the sleep timer on and now it doesnt react when pressing power button or plugging it in the charger or computer..  pls help D:

Try resetting it using a paperclip in the hole just below the power button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back