The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 22, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #5,446 of 7,793
i.e. the "All Tracks" database will contain at most 5800 songs which can be shuffled. Folder navigation can show all songs to be played but these songs can only be shuffled one folder at a time.

We're working on lifting this limit for the X1...

Thanks for the information!

Perhaps it was unclear in my post, but i was only referring to play in Shuffle Mode all tracks, as for my use it's useless "Folder Shuffle" as i have all my music in folders with path:
Music => Artist => Album

Mar 22, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #5,447 of 7,793
  So here are my thoughts on this lil' guy:

Build quality is exceptional. This thing is so well put together, and it's a beauty to behold, to boot. Sound quality is great, and I have no complaints about the battery life. I dig that it's plug-n-play, and drag-n-drop. Easy peezy. The scroll wheel feels a bit like trying to steer on ice at times but I'm getting better at it.

The UI however, is not very good. You can put a ton of music on it(depending on the size of your card of course), but it can be difficult to navigate to that music in a timely manner unless you want to put in the work yourself to have a very structured folder system(and we shouldn't have to implement our own workarounds). Using the "category"(tagging) mode and spinning that little wheel like like I was trying to start a fire, it took me over 30 seconds to make it to the band Mastodon. That's absurd. And you look like you just snorted some booger sugar while doing it. So I end up being deterred in listening to artists/albums towards the middle of the alphabet due to the work I gotta put in to get to them, especially if I'm in a rush. I currently have 4500ish songs on this thing, with a lot of space left on my card so this is only going to get more painful.

The "genre" category is a bit of a bummer too, as it just clusterdumps all the tracks at you, rather than giving you a list of artists in that genre first. I'd also like to see some sort of "bookmark" feature for audiobooks.

So, I have mixed bag feelings about this thing. Doesn't help that it won't play nice with my Rockets.

yaaa, the navigation sucks. And every time you turn off and back on your X1 you have to start over from the first song/folder again.
Very frustrating to go over all the time the whole collection.

1. Added option to play through folders: ie automatcially skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder. 

I can't recognize this improvement. E.g. In a folder where I have 5 CDs and playing the first one, after the last song it stops and doesn't skip to anywhere.
I have to find the next CD myself. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm really puzzled over this navigation issue (in the space age). None of my other players have this problem.
Maybe FiiO should have  look around and copy those.

Otherwise I like the X1!

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #5,448 of 7,793

I can't recognize this improvement. E.g. In a folder where I have 5 CDs and playing the first one, after the last song it stops and doesn't skip to anywhere.
I have to find the next CD myself. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm really puzzled over this navigation issue (in the space age). None of my other players have this problem.
Maybe FiiO should have  look around and copy those.

Otherwise I like the X1!

Have you turned the option on in the menus?

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #5,450 of 7,793

Have you turned the option on in the menus?

my bad,  I never thought it should be optional.
I found this switch and now is on (no mention of this on FiiO's site).
Thanks,

you quoted it yourself  from the last firmware info ^_^
1. Added option to play through folders: ie automatcially skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder. 

added option
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #5,451 of 7,793
Just received my unit 10 minutes back
atsmile.gif

After 5 minutes of listening

Better soundstage and little airy than my clip+(most perceptible diff to me),more warm/bassy(slight)................in short sounds better in almost all departments.But mind u based on listening to 1 song only,maybe placebo effect due to new toy syndrome
biggrin.gif

Software-------Pretty good imho,wheel is good,scanning is fast on my 32 gb card.Options on almost everything.

For 100$,i doubt u can get anything better,not even close considering the screen,build quality,int amp and wheel.Kudos.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #5,452 of 7,793
  Just received my unit 10 minutes back
atsmile.gif

After 5 minutes of listening

Better soundstage and little airy than my clip+(most perceptible diff to me),more warm/bassy(slight)................in short sounds better in almost all departments.But mind u based on listening to 1 song only,maybe placebo effect due to new toy syndrome
biggrin.gif

Software-------Pretty good imho,wheel is good,scanning is fast on my 32 gb card.Options on almost everything.

For 100$,i doubt u can get anything better,not even close considering the screen,build quality,int amp and wheel.Kudos.

took you long enough to join us with a X1, did you hesitate with X3 and 5 all this time or did you still have secret hopes for sony?
wink_face.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #5,453 of 7,793

took you long enough to join us with a X1, did you hesitate with X3 and 5 all this time or did you still have secret hopes for sony?
wink_face.gif

Too busy with exams.

On topic i took my brother's x1,he didn't use it for even 2 hours,says he wants clip+ for form factor.I couldn't be happier
very_evil_smiley.gif

The software of x1,which was my primary concern is pretty good.Not buggy at all and playing/rendering incomplete flac files too which clip+ was unable to do.The weight is not an issue,features are pretty good,build quality is excellent.

On sony,its game over definitely for a10 series with announcement of x3(2 nd gen) packing a great hardware,new software at just 200 bucks.

Guess some corporations never learn.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #5,454 of 7,793
Too busy with exams.

On topic i took my brother's x1,he didn't use it for even 2 hours,says he wants clip+ for form factor.I couldn't be happier
very_evil_smiley.gif

The software of x1,which was my primary concern is pretty good.Not buggy at all and playing/rendering incomplete flac files too which clip+ was unable to do.The weight is not an issue,features are pretty good,build quality is excellent.

On sony,its game over definitely for a10 series with announcement of x3(2 nd gen) packing a great hardware,new software at just 200 bucks.

Guess some corporations never learn.

^_^
you may want to organize your files on the SD card with alphabet folders to get a faster browsing, but apart from that, it's certainly worth every $. it's a nice and good sounding DAP.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #5,455 of 7,793
Hi guys, recently I´ve noticed a few seconds of static in left channel when playing music through my home stereo via Line Out, just at the beginning of a song, what do you think? Maybe the cable?

update: I´ve unplugged/plugged the rca cables in the back of my stereo, maybe bad connection, I´ll check it.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #5,456 of 7,793
  Hi guys, recently I´ve noticed a few seconds of static in left channel when playing music through my home stereo via Line Out, just at the beginning of a song, what do you think? Maybe the cable?

update: I´ve unplugged/plugged the rca cables in the back of my stereo, maybe bad connection, I´ll check it.

you checked that it's not simply the resolution changing from one song to the other? because that will do a little noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back