The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #5,267 of 7,793
Would the x1 be an upgrade in sound over my current ipod nano 3rd generation LO'd with my fiio e12a amp? Iem's are RHA T10I and zero audio basso. Thanks

Amplification wise I don't think so. DAC and refinement wise I think so.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #5,269 of 7,793
I have both.

The ipod video has wolfson tech similar to the x3. That is a plus.

The X1 has far more power and can handle many more impedances.

The X1 plays hi res files and the ipod simply can't.

Overall the X1 is a far more versatile unit. But it is not so easily modified like an ipod.

Oh yeah the ipod can play some video in regular iOS mode.

Sound wise it's a toss up. But then again I slightly prefer the old x3 to the X1

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #5,271 of 7,793
What are classed as Hi Res files? The rockboxed iPod Classic can play FLAC files.

24bit/44.1 - 384kHz sampling rate. 16bit/44.1kHz sampling rate is used for lossy and lossless files, as well as standard redbook CDs.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #5,273 of 7,793

Yes... the intent of my comment was to show I'd learned what I wanted to know.  But thanks anyway.

I'll check them out! 

Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude, I was in a hurry.
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #5,274 of 7,793
Hey everyone, just wanted to share something awesome about this forum. A couple weeks ago, I was on my way home from work and I stopped at the grocery store to get ice cream for movie night with my kids. I'm a programmer, so I need a powerful laptop to be able to do my work. I went inside the grocery store for 5 minutes, and when I came out my car had been broken into. My laptop was stolen, along with my audio gear travel case. Thankfully, I had the X1 that I'd gotten in the mail 2 days earlier with me so it wasn't stolen - only a few IEMs were in the case. I had to buy a new laptop ($1150), which I didn't have money for because my wife is pregnant and we have to pay $5000 for the delivery because of insurance issues.

So, I ended up returning the X1 and anything else that I could to get some money back to help cover the cost of the new laptop. I mentioned the unfortunate incident on this thread, and someone I'd never talked to on here offered to send me a new X1 and 64GB card free of charge! I just got it in the mail yesterday, and I am so happy to be back in the hi-fi game. So this is a thank you to the person who helped me, and a thank you to everyone on this forum for making it a place where awesome things like this happen!

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #5,275 of 7,793
That's just.............. Awesome.

And congrats on the imminent mini you!

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #5,279 of 7,793
  Hey everyone, just wanted to share something awesome about this forum. A couple weeks ago, I was on my way home from work and I stopped at the grocery store to get ice cream for movie night with my kids. I'm a programmer, so I need a powerful laptop to be able to do my work. I went inside the grocery store for 5 minutes, and when I came out my car had been broken into. My laptop was stolen, along with my audio gear travel case. Thankfully, I had the X1 that I'd gotten in the mail 2 days earlier with me so it wasn't stolen - only a few IEMs were in the case. I had to buy a new laptop ($1150), which I didn't have money for because my wife is pregnant and we have to pay $5000 for the delivery because of insurance issues.

So, I ended up returning the X1 and anything else that I could to get some money back to help cover the cost of the new laptop. I mentioned the unfortunate incident on this thread, and someone I'd never talked to on here offered to send me a new X1 and 64GB card free of charge! I just got it in the mail yesterday, and I am so happy to be back in the hi-fi game. So this is a thank you to the person who helped me, and a thank you to everyone on this forum for making it a place where awesome things like this happen!

Congratulations for the upcoming addition to the family! Sorry to hear about the theft, hopefully insurance will cover you. Some people on this forum are absolutely amazing human beings.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #5,280 of 7,793

Congratulations for the upcoming addition to the family! Sorry to hear about the theft, hopefully insurance will cover you. Some people on this forum are absolutely amazing human beings.

Thanks Zojokkeli! Can't wait for my family to be complete... Unfortunately, my deductible is $1000, so with the fact that my payments would go up with a claim, it's not really worth it to get insurance involved.
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back