The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #5,251 of 7,793
How difficult is it to replace a battery on a X1 should the need arise?

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #5,252 of 7,793
I think there are 3 layers. Remove 1, and u reveal the sticky part. Remove 2, and probably u get that nice finish.
X1 Come with 2 xtra protectors kit in box. 2 layers only. (1) (2) 2 parts. Weird & confusing!

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #5,253 of 7,793
Skullbox, the little tab is connected to a disposable piece of clear plastic. Pull back on the tab to peel the cover off of the screen protector. It should not remove the protector from your screen.

Each screen protector has two covers on it to prevent you from getting finger oils on the protector itself. You peel one side off and press that side onto the screen through the other removable cover before taking it off, as well.

Your screen protector is already applied properly, so just remove the second cover and you're good to go.
Thx for the infos. I was only confused by the (2) tag. The one pre installed is so perfectly installed that I was thinking that it was nothin there on the screen. The protector is so thin! Unfortunately, it leave easily marks on screen!...

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #5,254 of 7,793
I haven't seen the inside of the X1 so not sure about the battery. If it plugs in like the iPod Video it shouldn't be too hard but if it needs soldered like the nano it will be more of a problem. Hope not but with care taken the battery could hopefully last a good five years.

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #5,255 of 7,793
  I haven't seen the inside of the X1 so not sure about the battery. If it plugs in like the iPod Video it shouldn't be too hard but if it needs soldered like the nano it will be more of a problem. Hope not but with care taken the battery could hopefully last a good five years.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x1-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/11806

About 60% of the way down the page are internal photos. I can't tell if the connection is a plug or if the wires are soldered in under the silver cover.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #5,256 of 7,793

the battery is connected to the PCB by a connector.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 9, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #5,257 of 7,793
  Is anybody using ATH-IM70 with FiiO X1? What is your settings for equalizer?

After Xiaomi Piston 2.1 Gold i can't say IM70 sounds much better. It's just different.
I use http://en.goldenears.net/31885 review and my EQ settings for IM70 is:
62hz: -6db
160: -6
400: -4
1000: 0
3000: +4
8000: -5
16000: +6

Well I've been using your settings for a few days with my IM-70's and I'm actually really liking the sound. For lack of a better word, everything seems more present, rather than bassy.

I'm enjoying the settings but whether I stay with using EQ only time will tell. I've always tried to avoid it, but we'll see.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #5,258 of 7,793
The X1 is becoming hard to find on Amazon. Two weeks ago when I first considered getting it, there were about a dozen vendors each selling the silver and gold ones. Half were fulfilled by Amazon and the other half were ordered through Amazon. Most had a price of $100. When I decided to order a couple of days later, the vendor that I had in my cart had raised the price to $120, so I ordered from another highly rated vendor, fulfilled by Amazon. The vendors started to run out of stock and disappear from the list. Now there is only 1 vendor, with 3 left in stock for $120, for the silver one and 3 vendors for the gold one at $110 to $120.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #5,259 of 7,793
  The X1 is becoming hard to find on Amazon. Two weeks ago when I first considered getting it, there were about a dozen vendors each selling the silver and gold ones. Half were fulfilled by Amazon and the other half were ordered through Amazon. Most had a price of $100. When I decided to order a couple of days later, the vendor that I had in my cart had raised the price to $120, so I ordered from another highly rated vendor, fulfilled by Amazon. The vendors started to run out of stock and disappear from the list. Now there is only 1 vendor, with 3 left in stock for $120, for the silver one and 3 vendors for the gold one at $110 to $120.

It's possible that they just still haven't received new shipments of the X1 after the Chinese New Year time off.

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #5,260 of 7,793
  It's possible that they just still haven't received new shipments of the X1 after the Chinese New Year time off.

That's probably correct. I forgot about that. Anyway, I'm happy that I already got mine instead of having to wait for a month until they're again available at $100.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #5,261 of 7,793
I just got an X1 in "visibly mint" condition from a retailer that had used it as a floor demo. It still had the box, all accessories, and the original screen protector. The wheel was properly broken in, but clearly undamaged. I paid $88 with free shipping.

:smiley:

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #5,264 of 7,793
  I noticed a number of FiiO items went out of stock.  I came here to see if maybe new models were being released.

Pretty sure Miccastore.com (Authorized US dealer/distributor) usually has most of the popular FiiO products in stock.  Right now X1 is listed as "In Stock" and "Ships 1-2 days" in both Gold and Silver for $99.99. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #5,265 of 7,793

Read above

Yes... the intent of my comment was to show I'd learned what I wanted to know.  But thanks anyway.

Pretty sure Miccastore.com (Authorized US dealer/distributor) usually has most of the popular FiiO products in stock.  Right now X1 is listed as "In Stock" and "Ships 1-2 days" in both Gold and Silver for $99.99. 

I'll check them out! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back