The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 23, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #4,831 of 7,793
How is it you changed the color of the title and volume in the top bar? I've been trying to do this on the X5 to no avail with my custom themes.

Edit: Oops! Almost forgot............. Very very nice theme.

<topbar_volume_color>0xFFFFFF</topbar_volume_color>
<topbar_volume_warnning_color>0xc9252c</topbar_volume_warnning_color>
<topbar_title_color>0xFFFFFF</topbar_title_color>

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #4,832 of 7,793
0xFFFFFF

0xc9252c

0xFFFFFF

I adjusted these in the X5 FW but there was no effect (in the theme config file). I looked everywhere else and couldn't find any other such file. Do you need to open and save it with a specific program, or in a specific format?

Here is my recently completed McFiiOtosh theme for the X5 FW2.4.

I can get around the red topbar by deleting the text and putting a better battery indicator in its place. It would be nice to change the text in the rest of the FW though.

Edit: I'm going to try and download the X1 FW and extract the file to see if it will work with the X5.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #4,833 of 7,793
I adjusted these in the X5 FW but there was no effect (in the theme config file). I looked everywhere else and couldn't find any other such file. Do you need to open and save it with a specific program, or in a specific format?

Here is my recently completed McFiiOtosh theme for the X5 FW2.4.

I can get around the red topbar by deleting the text and putting a better battery indicator in its place. It would be nice to change the text in the rest of the FW though.

Edit: I'm going to try and download the X1 FW and extract the file to see if it will work with the X5.

hmm that's weird... are you deleting the fw on the sdcard or just overwriting it when making changes? try to delete first the old fw then copy the edited fw... it happen to me before by just overwriting... nothing happens until iI delete everything and copy again

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #4,834 of 7,793
hmm that's weird... are you deleting the fw on the sdcard or just overwriting it when making changes? try to delete first the old fw then copy the edited fw... it happen to me before by just overwriting... nothing happens until iI delete everything and copy again

Yes, delete FW and then copy. It's been noted from day one with the X5 firmware that this can not be changed so I'm surprised to see the ability in the X1 FW. Thanks anyway.

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #4,838 of 7,793
In regards to the inline remote ability on the X1, is its only function to pause and change tracks?  Changing the volume with the inline remote doesn't seem to be an option for me.  
confused.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #4,839 of 7,793
So.. I was using a pencil to reset my device but.. The lead broke off in the reset hole so not only did it not reset i can't fit anything in there. I guess I just wait for my device to die and when it turns back on it'll be fine? 

Try a tiny bit of super glue on a sewing needle, press it into the lead and let it dry. When dry, pull it out. A similar trick is used to remove broken headphone jacks from sockets.

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #4,841 of 7,793
In regards to the inline remote ability on the X1, is its only function to pause and change tracks?  Changing the volume with the inline remote doesn't seem to be an option for me.  :confused:

Yes, that is correct. Unfortunately both the Apple and the Samsung inline volume controls are patented, so the X1 is compatible with neither.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back