The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 17, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #4,788 of 7,793
Hopefully!
I feel that the flash storage on my iPod Touch is dying so the X1 might be the right replacement for it.

Ouch, the X1 would be a whole new dimension for you then.

Although my gf dug her iPod touch up recently and it didint sound too bad from what I heard.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #4,791 of 7,793
Hi Joe

Thanks to you and several others who made suggestions re my "stuttering" problem with the X1--again, what a helpful community here.  I returned the X1 and the Transcend 32gb Class 10 card to B&H Photo and got an immediate replacement (nice customer service, by the way).  I formatted the new card in the new player (which came with firmware 1.2) and then used a card reader to import, as one batch, a number of 16/44 wav albums and one or two  24/192 flac albums.  There were no stray files of other types.  It didn't take long to get stutters.  I counted 16 incidents playing 6 wav tracks from the first album I tried.  Oddly, when I replayed the same album from the beginning, the stutters went away.  (Is there some sort of buffering effect even though the X1 has no on-board memory?)  I've tried a few other albums and the stuttering continues (although not as bad as the first album).

Before I returned the original Transcend card, I stuck it in another DAP (not a FIIO) which played everything I tried without incident.

You guys are going to laugh--I got the X1 for my two year old who has become quite the headphone listener.  Maybe he won't care about the occasional stuttering... but I would!
Edward

Could you upload one of those stuttering albums so we could take a look at it?

Best,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4,794 of 7,793
Great, thank you - just been looking at the FiiO site and have downloaded the latest firmware to a FAT32 micro SD in readiness...Have you tried a 128GB card with the player? And any experience with SanDisk Media Manager as a way of getting files on to the X1? 

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #4,795 of 7,793
Great, thank you - just been looking at the FiiO site and have downloaded the latest firmware to a FAT32 micro SD in readiness...Have you tried a 128GB card with the player? And any experience with SanDisk Media Manager as a way of getting files on to the X1? 

It's suggested to format the card with the format option in the X1. Avoids many playback issues. 128gb works fine.

Copying is as easy as copy and paste.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #4,796 of 7,793
Ah right - thanks for that - I will do that then.
Once I know what I'm doing I may well get hold of a bigger card - I'm a bit old school, like to have as much of my music with me as I can.
Looking forward to seeing how it plays in the car too, hopefully the USB connection will work. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #4,797 of 7,793
Ah right - thanks for that - I will do that then.
Once I know what I'm doing I may well get hold of a bigger card - I'm a bit old school, like to have as much of my music with me as I can.
Looking forward to seeing how it plays in the car too, hopefully the USB connection will work. 

Much better to know before you load up all your music.

Lol. I consider old school as having 20 songs on a cassette tape instead of one giant capacity mSD card holding thousands of tracks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back