The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 13, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #4,726 of 7,793

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not creating playlist, I'm a listen to the album person, and syncing with WMP is how I do it with my Santa.  My X1 arrives tomorrow and I've got a couple mcsd cards, so I will experiment with it before I transfer everything.  I'm hoping it will allow me to do it this way because it would be easier than copying and pasting everything.

Foobar can do this, but I am using Musicbee as it is more userfriendly for me than Foobar.

For creating albums on my SD-card for the X1, I also use syncback to syncronize some music between my pc and X1.

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #4,727 of 7,793
I have to share a few thoughts on the x1 having recently purchased it. Short version: I was quite disappointed, mostly with the sound quality. I found my clip zip produced an overall better signature and the x1 was just warm, fuzzy and smeared. The dx50 that I owned earlier was a huge leap forward in terms of audio quality.

I did appreciate the features of the x1 and the price point, but it's not a product that I would put with any decent set of hp's or iem's. Sorry for the negative review but I have to be honest.
ph34r.gif

@bowei006 I'm sorry but I don't understand how you could call the x1 "product of the year." I just don't see.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #4,728 of 7,793

Foobar can do this, but I am using Musicbee as it is more userfriendly for me than Foobar.

For creating albums on my SD-card for the X1, I also use syncback to syncronize some music between my pc and X1.

I'm not familiar with syncback.  I googled it and got several different versions of it.  Do you have a link for a download?

Thanks

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #4,729 of 7,793
I found my clip zip produced an overall better signature and the x1 was just warm, fuzzy and smeared. The dx50 that I owned earlier was a huge leap forward in terms of audio quality.

Try reducing the two lowest frequency bands -2dB. It helps get rid of the warm colouration from the amp.

I had similar feelings about the X1 at first but having adjusted the EQ I'm quite content with it.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #4,730 of 7,793

I'm not familiar with syncback.  I googled it and got several different versions of it.  Do you have a link for a download?

Thanks

Syncback is a backup programme and is available in a freeware and pro version.
For normal use, the freeware version is more than good enough.
The site itself is not userfriendly, you are right.

This is the link: http://www.2brightsparks.com/download-syncbackfree.html

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #4,731 of 7,793
  Well, the boot animation goes from boot0.jpg to boot43.jpg and the shutdown animation goes from shutdown0.jpg to shutdown17.jpg. So perhaps they're not named correctly.

Also created a fading FiiO logo as the shutdown animation. I really like this one.

My boot animation gif via imgflip  is crap compared to yours. How did you make that gif?

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #4,734 of 7,793
I thought I would give a brief review of my X1 I just received yesterday.  First off, it's solid and well built.  everyone here that owns one knows what they come with.  I found the UI easy and kind of similar to my sansa.  I was able to use WMP to sync my music onto the card which I was happy about.  I was also very happy that it keeps the songs with the album.  my sansa always went off the contributing artist, so if WMP list more than one artist, the sansa would separate it from the album.  I've only put 40 gigs of music on my 128 gig card so far (will finish that this evening).  I enjoy the different themes available, the eq, and the overall easy of use.  Currently, I'm using the same $10 phillips iem's I used with my sansa, but the sound is like night and day.  The X1 sound is clean and I have bass now.  New iem's is on my list to get.  Formatting the card was simple and I am using windows 8, and the card is read as X1 and I didn't have any issues with windows recognizing the X1 like some have reported.  I'm only using MP3's (mostly 320, but some 128, 192, and 256).  To me, my MP3 's sound better on the X1 than my sansa.  I'll most likely start getting some higher quality stuff in the future.  This my initial thoughts on the X1.  I really like it so far and once I update my iem's, I'll probably like it even more.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #4,740 of 7,793
Hi all, i'm new here and i just bought my first dap after a life with an ipod: the X1!
He really surprised me, the construction quality is simply amazing. photos and videos can't really give an idea until you have it in your hands. Solid e lighter, unbelievable!
Then i put some music (alac format) in it and finally i put the headphone on expecting me to be surprised for the quality i'll be listen.. BUT NOT!

Once the song started... beh what i thanked was: "so it's all here?" "really?" "this would be the amazing quality that i have never listened?" DISAPPOINTMENT

i have the sennheiser momentum on ear and the album is "Vivaldi - Four Seasons" flac format (24 bit, 96.000 khz, 2626 kits) changed in alac (.m4a) for be played on itunes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back