The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 3, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #4,608 of 7,793
Guys how's the sound quality of fiiO X1 compare to USB DAC with the same price range?
For ex: AudioQuest DragonFly USB Digital to Analog Converter (Black) Version 1.0,FiiO E07K Andes? FiiO E10K?
thankss!

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #4,609 of 7,793
Looking at an X1 to replace a Sansa Fuze. I have a couple of questions about tags and playlists (m3u?), mainly based on things that annoy me with my current player in stock or Rockboxed form :)

1. Is there a limit to m3u playlist size? (Fuze has a 1000 track limit)
2. Can you add tracks to a playlist multiple times? (I do this to 'weight' tracks, but some players only add each distinct track once no matter how many times you include it in an m3u file)
3. If I play a playlist in Random is it random? (not just shuffle like Rockbox)
4. Are multiple genre tags supported? (comma or semi-colon seperated)

Thanks

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #4,610 of 7,793
  Looking at an X1 to replace a Sansa Fuze. I have a couple of questions about tags and playlists (m3u?), mainly based on things that annoy me with my current player in stock or Rockboxed form :)

1. Is there a limit to m3u playlist size? (Fuze has a 1000 track limit)
2. Can you add tracks to a playlist multiple times? (I do this to 'weight' tracks, but some players only add each distinct track once no matter how many times you include it in an m3u file)
3. If I play a playlist in Random is it random? (not just shuffle like Rockbox)
4. Are multiple genre tags supported? (comma or semi-colon seperated)

Thanks

the sound quality of the X1 is really clean, but it can't do 1/10th of what a rockbocked sansa can when it comes to anything outside of playing a song. I'd say you should look at what android gear (and apps) can do for you if rockbox isn't versatile enough for playlists. but clearly the x1/x3/x5 aren't the droids you are looking for.

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #4,611 of 7,793

the sound quality of the X1 is really clean, but it can't do 1/10th of what a rockbocked sansa can when it comes to anything outside of playing a song. I'd say you should look at what android gear (and apps) can do for you if rockbox isn't versatile enough for playlists. but clearly the x1/x3/x5 aren't the droids you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply. I guess my post sounded like I wanted the X1 to do everything. Actually, I don't like Rockbox and don't use 99% of its features. Al I really want to do is play music with as little interaction as possible - but using playlists - as I mainly listen in the car. I manage all these offline at the moment with Mediamonkey. I generate playlists based on genres and ratings (adding higher rated songs multiple times), but the Fuze's 1000 track limit kills this. Rockbox allows me to get around this, but then only offers their horrid shuffle mode.

Really, all I need to know is can the X1 play M3U playlists in a random order without any stupid limitations or interference?

Jan 4, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #4,614 of 7,793
Changing the opamp to LT1364. There's a guy here who has do that, and offer to mod for $20. He said that it's noticeably better with more impact mid-bass and wider soundstage. Is that true? Since I can't meet him and hear it directly from his modded X1 because he asked me to send the unit and will send it back to me after mod. 

And about the amp for X1, I think E07K pairs really good with X1. Better than E11K, imo. But, it's kinda bug me to carry the stack everywhere.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #4,615 of 7,793
  Changing the opamp to LT1364. There's a guy here who has do that, and offer to mod for $20. He said that it's noticeably better with more impact mid-bass and wider soundstage. Is that true? Since I can't meet him and hear it directly from his modded X1 because he asked me to send the unit and will send it back to me after mod. 

And about the amp for X1, I think E07K pairs really good with X1. Better than E11K, imo. But, it's kinda bug me to carry the stack everywhere.

Ah, this the first time hearing about this mod, so I wouldn't know if it's true or not.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #4,616 of 7,793

Thanks for the reply. I guess my post sounded like I wanted the X1 to do everything. Actually, I don't like Rockbox and don't use 99% of its features. Al I really want to do is play music with as little interaction as possible - but using playlists - as I mainly listen in the car. I manage all these offline at the moment with Mediamonkey. I generate playlists based on genres and ratings (adding higher rated songs multiple times), but the Fuze's 1000 track limit kills this. Rockbox allows me to get around this, but then only offers their horrid shuffle mode.

Really, all I need to know is can the X1 play M3U playlists in a random order without any stupid limitations or interference?

I can't speak specifically for the X1, but playlists on the X3 can be shuffled, and I haven't run into any limits yet (although it does seem to repeat tracks at times on shuffle). The software is mostly the same now for the Fiio DAPs so I would assume the same will hold true for the X1.
I use Musicbee to create my playlists, and it has an option to shuffle the tracks as it creates them. That could also be an option if Mediamonkey does the same thing.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #4,617 of 7,793
Just received it! Good thing too because it just happens to be my birthday! My budget chain is almost complete. I have X1->Topping NX1->B3/VSD3s/ATH-M50. Just need to find a better interconnect. I'm not much of a reviewer but this is my first stand alone DAP and I'm already impressed after a little Ölafur Arnalds.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #4,618 of 7,793
Just received it! Good thing too because it just happens to be my birthday! My budget chain is almost complete. I have X1->Topping NX1->B3/VSD3s/ATH-M50. Just need to find a better interconnect. I'm not much of a reviewer but this is my first stand alone DAP and I'm already impressed after a little Ölafur Arnalds.

Happy Birthday

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #4,620 of 7,793
@Joe Bloggs

hi... i'd like to ask about fiio x1 Line Out...
how much better is fiio x1 line out compared to fiio e10k line out?

here's the thing, i have both... plugged both in to schiit magni, and X1 is far better than fiio e10k... and louder too... considering price wise it's close... is it placebo or do you guys actually design the X1 line out to be way better than e10k...?

if im not mistaken it uses the same DAC isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back