The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #4,384 of 7,793
You'll get more results by upgrading your IEM's. I'm running Shure SE535's straight out of X1 and they sound amazing on well recorded tracks.

The talk about colour matched E11K got me seriously considering it. If you do release one, you can count me in!

+1. Somehow, it was a blast for me running the 535 straight from the HO.

I have a champagne X1, so hopefully we can see a champagne E11K too.

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #4,387 of 7,793
Dec 19, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #4,388 of 7,793
Dec 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #4,389 of 7,793
I'm looking into picking up an X1 (maybe), and I was wondering if the firmware is as slow as the X3? My X3 is extremely slow in loading up all the songs when I click "browse for files". It takes a good 30 seconds for it to read the entire card and then load up songs. Does the X1 have the same problem?

Also, does it display metadata or is it like the X3 in that only the file name of the songs are displayed? I had to rename my entire library for the songs to show up how I wanted on the X3...

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #4,390 of 7,793
How big is your card, and what speed?  In any part of search using scroll wheel and then selecting (Folder or Artist or Songs or whatever) it's pretty much "right now."  

The display for a song playing shows whatever you have it listed as, so for me  song title, artist, album, and it shows file format as well (FLAC 16/44, for instance)

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #4,391 of 7,793
I'm looking into picking up an X1 (maybe), and I was wondering if the firmware is as slow as the X3? My X3 is extremely slow in loading up all the songs when I click "browse for files". It takes a good 30 seconds for it to read the entire card and then load up songs. Does the X1 have the same problem?

Also, does it display metadata or is it like the X3 in that only the file name of the songs are displayed? I had to rename my entire library for the songs to show up how I wanted on the X3...

It should only take this long after you have added new songs to the micro sd card and the database is being updated.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #4,392 of 7,793
Guys, a quick question since I'm on my mobile now and will be difficult searching the thread. Which is the best way to format a 64GB sdcard? Or can I simply load up the card and insert it straight into the X1. Thanks.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #4,393 of 7,793
Guys, a quick question since I'm on my mobile now and will be difficult searching the thread. Which is the best way to format a 64GB sdcard? Or can I simply load up the card and insert it straight into the X1. Thanks.

By default, Windows will format it in exFat and that won't work in the X1. You can format it with the X1, or find a fat32 formatter.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #4,395 of 7,793
  How big is your card, and what speed?  In any part of search using scroll wheel and then selecting (Folder or Artist or Songs or whatever) it's pretty much "right now."  

The display for a song playing shows whatever you have it listed as, so for me  song title, artist, album, and it shows file format as well (FLAC 16/44, for instance)

It is a 32gb class 4 card. Could that be the problem? I'm thinking about buying a class 10 card and trying that instead. If I go to "Browse Files" it takes about 30 sec to show all my songs. If I go to "Play All" it's instantaneous. Does "Browse Files" make update the database again or something?

When the song is playing, I see the file name, as well as the song title, album, artist, album art (if any), etc, but when looking through the "Browse Files" mode, I only see the file names...

It should only take this long after you have added new songs to the micro sd card and the database is being updated.

It takes forever even though I haven't put any new songs on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back