The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #4,112 of 7,793
  E-mailed FiiO about the issue I had with the 'All Songs' menu showing the filename instead of the song title. Here is their response in case anyone is also wondering:

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO!

Yes, we don't make the songs show the Song Title in the song lists, because some songs don't have the song title, such as CUE file. Think about it, if there are many many CUE files in the TF card, but users can't found them on the X1, and this situation will make users very confused. 
So if any inconvenient, pls understand it!

They could at least add the option to toggle it :|
That is now the worst thing about X1, and knowing that before I wouldn't have bought it.
How many people use CUE or even know what it is, even here at head-fi? Couple percent?
I'm disappointed.

Or they could simply make X1 show filename if there is no title tag. That's all!

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #4,113 of 7,793
Thanks can you make a you tube video to show us how it looks and works.

It looks like the picture.  It works the way the stock fw works.  It'll take you about 4 minutes to install it.  Try it and see if you like it.  
regular_smile .gif

If you don't, reinstall the stock fw.  That'll take another 4 minutes.  
wink_face.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #4,116 of 7,793
The best way to try these custom mods is to.... try these custom mods.  If you like, you keep.  If not, reinstall the stock fw or try another custom mod.  Installing firmware is incredibly easy and takes very little time.  Less time, almost, than us talking about it.  

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #4,117 of 7,793
I would give this theme a try when I get home tonight.

Wish there was an option to switch between the stock and this custom theme without reinstalling fw though.

Well, there are 6 themes and he just replaced one of them. So if you see that the instructions say to choose Theme 1, that means the grey theme was replaced. If you don't like it, you can switch to the other 5 themes, which haven't been touched. But if you want to use the original grey theme, then you'll have to reinstall the firmware. It's just the images that have been changed, the firmware itself is still the same.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #4,118 of 7,793
I wouldn't have minded a simple black one with white for the writing just for clarity and readability tbh. Some of the supplied ones are too light with white writing so they're not as clear as the could be due to lack of contrast in the themes.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #4,119 of 7,793
I totally agree about the lack of contrast in most of the stock themes.  Everything looks washed out.

James?  How about a stock theme in the next firmware that is black with white lettering?

Thanks.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #4,120 of 7,793
I wouldn't have minded a simple black one with white for the writing just for clarity and readability tbh. Some of the supplied ones are too light with white writing so they're not as clear as the could be due to lack of contrast in the themes.

I made a black theme. Here is the firmware with the theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gbxcdb7m4qr1xkc/pink+is+the+new+black.zip

Choose the pink theme.

I made a few changes afterwards, but you can see some older screenshots of it here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-new-start-of-the-high-res-dap-with-individual-dac-and-headphone-amp/3960#post_11052185

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #4,123 of 7,793
Nov 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #4,125 of 7,793
:smile:

Absolutely!!! I'm still in denial about my age though!!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pink is the new Black!!! I love that. Too much Netflix eh?

Thanks for that theme!!!!

Haha, yes sir.

I also started working on a white theme with black icons/text, so maybe you guys might find it better. I'm still working on it, but so far, I find it quite nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back